FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Match programmes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Match programmes
    Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

They take card?

No. Its so f**king stupid, they should just sell them at a kiosk inside the ground!

Edited by Bandwagon - 13 Oct 2023 at 5:57pm
Sponsored Links

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 5:53pm
They take card?
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 12:05am
I'm stopping collecting them now, there is actually no point. €7 and there's f**k all in it. 
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 11:57pm
Late to this thread. Never mind the rip off price. It’s not a match programme if it doesn’t have team line-ups pages. And the Ireland vs. France did not. Yes I know you could get all that info on your phone, but historically that was the whole point of a match programme. 

Also, how desperate are the FAI that they couldn’t find an advertiser for the back cover, having instead the new emblem?
Decky398 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decky398 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:48am
I think these sold out last night. Given the price I wonder do they print alot less? 
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

The number of pages/content has also decreased steadly over theast couple of years. It's mostly adds now. We were spoilt in the 90s with a big glossy A4 sized programmes we used to produce 

2 pounds back in the day I remember, the content in them was excellent as well. If were playing Latvia, we'd have about 4 pages of in depth profiles of their entire squad, then later on an random article about some Irish lad who was playing in Riga in the 1930s, plus match- specific notes from Jack and Des Casey or whoever. Covers were also iconic I remember.
edthered View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edthered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 6:51pm
Clubs have started moving away from programmes over the last few years. Demand has dropped as people have all the content they need in their phone. I hope they stay around, even if prices go up to cover it- they are the one tangible thing you can take away from a match
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 5:58pm
The number of pages/content has also decreased steadly over theast couple of years. It's mostly adds now. We were spoilt in the 90s with a big glossy A4 sized programmes we used to produce 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 5:26pm
Christ those prices 

Let's hope the €7 for the programme stays the same. I do like collecting them and for that reason I'd buy them 

I'll be keeping the 'collectable cup' for that price for the pint LOLLOL
keano10 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keano10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 5:10pm
https://www.aca-creative.co.uk/product/republic-of-ireland-v-latvia/

Found where the programme is sold online, but the publishers are UK based and don't seem to post to Ireland. You couldn't write it LOL
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 9:13am
Charging €7 for a friendly last night just screams to me that they'll be €10 on Monday...
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 9:11am
Originally posted by keano10 keano10 wrote:

No longer with DBA publishers. Anyone know where they can be ordered online?

No joy finding anything online. If anyone has a spare programme from last night would happily buy and cover postage etc. 

Pricey I thought at €7.50 a pop, but decent enough quality tbf. Not sure €7.50 is a good price point tbh, I'd have bought 2 for me and the little one if they were a fiver each.
Idah Dream!
keano10 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keano10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 9:07am

No joy finding anything online. If anyone has a spare programme from last night would happily buy and cover postage etc. 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 4:16am
€14.50 for a burger and chips 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
keano10 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keano10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:08am
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Not just programmes that went up, literally everything inside the stadium has gone up, food & drink was already a rip off in the Aviva, but silly prices being charged now 

What sort of prices now? LOL
Those plastic bottles of carslberg €7 . €7.60 for a pint.
The smallest looking hotdogs and burgers around 9 quid now.

Wouldn't fancy being a family going to a match, you'd spend a small fortune now. €3.10 for a bottle of water.
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Not just programmes that went up, literally everything inside the stadium has gone up, food & drink was already a rip off in the Aviva, but silly prices being charged now 

What sort of prices now? LOL
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 11:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic