You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Classic YBIG posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:54pm
The car hired in London
Touts Out!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:08pm
Coyne’s walk across Poland, visiting every pub along the way.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Qman's unfortunate experiences with Jim Corr and Co

I still look this up when I need a smile 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:43pm
The Carmody thread.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:45pm
Irish Muff's Polish Crumpet Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Qman's unfortunate experiences with Jim Corr and Co

I still look this up when I need a smile 

It's amazing - so graphic LOL

Edited by Gaz - 20 Mar 2023 at 9:47pm
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I suspect this trawl of nostalgia is down to the number of posters we've lost in recent years that we very lively. 

Are the regular posters ones that have been here for years? Are people who have recently joined likely to last as long?

No fault of ybig but I see there's a lack of names for the France fans game. Years ago there were people on a stand by list. Are the younger people not getting involved as much? 
Last time I can think of there was an away day meet up was in Warsaw in 2015. But I'm sure it's a pain to organise that keeps everybody happy.
The dark side.. And the light
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 10:02am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

I suspect this trawl of nostalgia is down to the number of posters we've lost in recent years that we very lively. 

Are the regular posters ones that have been here for years? Are people who have recently joined likely to last as long?

No fault of ybig but I see there's a lack of names for the France fans game. Years ago there were people on a stand by list. Are the younger people not getting involved as much? 
Last time I can think of there was an away day meet up was in Warsaw in 2015. But I'm sure it's a pain to organise that keeps everybody happy.

I’d say people can interact on Twitter regarding ROI football content instead of coming on here 
El Puto Amo
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 10:06am

The forum is a dying medium, unfortunately. Wiped out by twitter/instagram/reddit. I'm 26 and I think there'd be a lot of people around my age, maybe a tad younger tbf, who wouldn't even know what a forum is.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 11:56am

[/QUOTE]
The forum is a dying medium, unfortunately. Wiped out by twitter/instagram/reddit. I'm 26 and I think there'd be a lot of people around my age, maybe a tad younger tbf, who wouldn't even know what a forum is.
[/QUOTE]

I would agree with this, I am involved with other sports which have had their online content wiped out by social media platforms over the last 5-10 years.
The advertising companies could not be happier about this.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 12:17pm

We had to recruit via twitter and Instagram as we weren't getting numbers compared to years ago
Chips don't bounce
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 12:20pm

The mid weeks games are a ball ache. Im living locally in Dublin but it’s hard to justify a half day/ day off work to play. 
El Puto Amo
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Irish Muff's Polish Crumpet Clap

Clap

Does anyone remember TheE? 
Or a certain pilot causing havoc on here?
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 3:24pm
Age catching up with a few of us who played in the first fan games. Must be 15 years ago is it?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 4:34pm
Your man in Zilinas sister. "Who on here hasn't pulled their pants down at some stage while drunk ?".  She was great craic. 

Edited by BabbsBalls - 21 Mar 2023 at 4:34pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 4:46pm
That then led to the blind date thread!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

There was a fella a few years back who killed this forum. I can't remember who it was but after every single post he kept bringing up 'the far right'. At one stage Eire 32 said he sleeps on the right side of his bed and got accused of being the Irish Freedom Party leader. 
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:57am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Age catching up with a few of us who played in the first fan games. Must be 15 years ago is it?

2010 I think, players caps from the great JD and all LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic