You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Castore for Ireland Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 48>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 10:57am
It's a weird one. They obviously have money and big backers but you'd think sorting out your quality issues/production line with your current partners would be best practice before signing up loads of new ones.  
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 10:58am
Do Castore give the FAI the full financial amount up front or do they pay the contract in installments?  

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:00am
No chance the FAI cancels that contract. Its worth twice the JACC deal.

They knew exactly how bad things were with Castore when they got into bed with them. Fairly shambolic but shur we all knew that. I havent ordered the kit either and i wont. its horrific, the crest looks the size of a beer mat. I'm not doing a boycot, if they bring out a nice one next year ill buy it. But i just dont like what they threw together this time. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Do Castore give the FAI the full financial amount up front or do they pay the contract in installments?  

You'd imagine it's installments as that is how most businesses would work. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

If the company is that badly run I wouldn't bank on that money being paid.  

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:12am
There ability to deliver or the quality not a concern as I’ve seen they’ve signed up Bilbao along with 3 Dutch clubs for next season 

Edited by Charlton's Child - 03 May 2023 at 11:30am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:14am

As mentioned above, they are making huge profits so can't see the money getting paid as being an issue. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:20am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOI podcast ‘between the stripes’ went on DHgate shortly after the new kit was announced and bought the jersey, it was delivered a few weeks ago & still no sign of the real thing LOL

Would be interested to see what the quality difference is between the two 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:22am

As mentioned above, they are making huge profits so can't see the money getting paid as being an issue. 

We'll see. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:23am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOI podcast ‘between the stripes’ went on DHgate shortly after the new kit was announced and bought the jersey, it was delivered a few weeks ago & still no sign of the real thing LOL

Would be interested to see what the quality difference is between the two 

Very little I’d guess LOL
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:39am
My understanding of the deal is that it was similar cash up front but much better %age of the shirts sold, the same way the other deals with them are done. Plenty of clubs hurting for cash are going to do the same.

giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

My understanding of the deal is that it was similar cash up front but much better %age of the shirts sold, the same way the other deals with them are done. Plenty of clubs hurting for cash are going to do the same.

It seems likely (due to delays/indifference with the design) that jersey sales will be lower than before though, so that calls into question the wisdom into signing up to an incentivised deal like this.

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 12:27pm
You'd swear theres a few fellas on here that work for Castore.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 12:31pm
Yep well known and said by many that this would happen.

I remember ordering the Newcastle jersey from them the black one from last season which was on special btw, about a month went by before I got an email saying apologies we can't deliver this due to excess demand. 

Was another couple of weeks before I got a refund too I may add
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 12:32pm
In stock on Jersey Goat, these lads are top class:

https://jerseygoat.ie/products/ireland-2023-home?variant=46696018051395
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 12:41pm

I was in my local Elverys the other day.  They had a manikin in the window with the new jersey but had only the old umbro oones in store. Very odd.

Exact same thing in the Elvery's in Dundrum the other day. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

In stock on Jersey Goat, these lads are top class:

https://jerseygoat.ie/products/ireland-2023-home?variant=46696018051395

I see some of the retro jerseys there.

Anyone know what the sizing is like on the retros, looking at the 1992/94, ones
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 12:51pm

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Do the two brothers running the company have a manufacting center for creating the sportswear or are they stiching the jerseys together themselves in their parents living room? Madness they have such a backlog in supply this far into their business. 

Sounds like they are biting off more then they can chew as a business, getting big shirt deals financed by the banks based on cheap interest rates that are no longer there. Wouldn't be surprised if the business is sinking

Same article says they have less than 200 people working for them which seems low to me for the amount of business they are taking on and numbers involved. 
Business often climb high quickly but then fall just as quick.

No inside knowledge but for a company with so many big deals that have obviously been financed by backers who were living in a time of low interest rates, if sports teams using them continue to get bad feedback from fans and then maybe not renewing then it wouldn't take that long for things to go sideways and some of that money started to be reigned in by investors and banks and you coul see in 5 years time something like this:

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2023/may/01/vice-media-group-bankruptcy-report

You could say that about any business but something just doesnt smell right with that company.

Edited by t_rAndy - 03 May 2023 at 12:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 48>
  Share Topic