Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Castore for Ireland Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 48>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I dont mind the socks. At least there a little unique. Thats what you want.

Noticed those. First time I have taken notice of socks in a new kit. On the whole, I think it looks alright, and will look different when patches and numbers are added. Not a classic, but at least there is a new crest. 
Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I dont mind the socks. At least there a little unique. Thats what you want.

Same template as the Wolves socks - plain colour with the logo on the front
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:08pm
They also have a sponsor-less version of the WNT jersey for sale. Could hopefully mean in years to come we won't be forced to buy a jersey with a sponsor 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:17pm
Training stuff they had on today doesn't look half bad either
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/adults-ireland-pro-home-jersey-57416730.html

105 euros for the proper jersey LOL

They can fook off! LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:38pm
Those half zips are nice enough in fairness, still no chance I'm forking out 70 quid for one or whatever it'll be.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:49pm
That crest is too big. Should be smaller like the 90 or 94 one. 
I love beer gardens
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Yep, I'm with this for the most part.
Lads suddenly realising we share a shirt-design with Rangers (which is not new) or what have you is a sign of the social-media times we live in.  This stuff was always how it worked when the designs and manufacturers went global.
So long as the green looks well on TV, then that'll do for me.

Gas thing is, lads have decided they will hate the new Castore jersey regardless of what it is as it isn't from 1990.

Lads, nothing now is from 1990.

And think about it, our iconic 1992/1993 jersey came from a boilerplate design that was used by numerous clubs and countries, and the iconic away jersey was just an inverted version of the home kit. The Umbro jersey we tried to qualify for Euro 2000 in was a replica of the England jersey from World Cup 1998. And on and on. We've had some fairly unique shirts (I think of 2000/2001), but even the away shirt was from a template.

If you mean the white stripe over the shoulder, I wouldn't consider that iconic, though Bonner's gear was decent. But from the adidas era, that was our most bland jersey. Still light years ahead of Castore though. The Euro 96 and France 98 Umbro jerseys were fairly dodgy as well to be fair

Edited by dangere_here - 20 Mar 2023 at 5:29pm
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:41pm
The crest is a total f**king joke. The shirt is just a green version of the Huns’ black top. Zero effort by Castore. No thanks. 
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

The crest is a total f**king joke. The shirt is just a green version of the Huns’ black top. Zero effort by Castore. No thanks. 

nearly every jersey we've had has been something from a stock catalogue, very rare you'll get anything unique these days. rangers had the same umbro top as we had in 04/05....  
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:48pm

The worst part for me is the f**king dots are not even straight, if you look at the lobsided shamrock and lopsided dots at the same time you'll get nauseas. Maybe that's the plan to contain Mbappe. 

Either straighten the fooking shamrock of have a titled shamrock but get rid of the circles and text. Some wan got paid €40,000 for that sh*te.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

nearly every jersey we've had has been something from a stock catalogue, very rare you'll get anything unique these days. rangers had the same umbro top as we had in 04/05....  

True that, but it doesn’t take from the fact that it’s a pretty poor attempt. 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

The worst part for me is the f**king dots are not even straight, if you look at the lobsided shamrock and lopsided dots at the same time you'll get nauseas. Maybe that's the plan to contain Mbappe. 

Either straighten the fooking shamrock of have a titled shamrock but get rid of the circles and text. Some wan got paid €40,000 for that sh*te.

The shamrock is brutal. 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 6:20pm
I like the new jersey.
Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 6:42pm
be interesting if there was a poll done on it . I think a lot more people like it than what people think 
hoofy View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 6:52pm
I'd rate the shirt 6/10 nowhere near as terrible many were expecting from faux-premium Castore. I hate the new crest it's awful shirt would have looked better with the previous FAI crest 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Benhur Benhur wrote:

be interesting if there was a poll done on it . I think a lot more people like it than what people think 

If someone is 15 and too young to remember the great strips of the past fair enough, but this is pissing all over our football heritage. Even New Balance was decent in comparison. Shame on the FAI. The logo is a bigger disgrace, and anyone saying it's for copyright reasons, bollocks, that never stopped Panathanikos from having class crests over the years.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 7:06pm
Did Elvery's lose the 'exclusive' contract or what happened?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 48>
  Share Topic