You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Castore for Ireland Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 46>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I can see this contract being cancelled.  It's clear as day this Castore crowd are a bunch of cowboys.

When's this happening??
You know if anyone is going to cancel its Castore. FAI will be happy to take the Money but sales are terrible.

D'neighbours daughter works out in Elverys Dundrum and said its the worst selling irish Shirt in a long time her manager said. Its only kids sizes being bought in shop. He said usually the shelves are emptied back in the Umbro/NB days.

Sponsored Links

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:54am
I saw those quarter zips and they are muck alright, like someone put a sticker on a pennys top. The jerseys don't look great, colours are flat on it, but they didn't have the player version in stock
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

I saw those quarter zips and they are muck alright, like someone put a sticker on a pennys top. The jerseys don't look great, colours are flat on it, but they didn't have the player version in stock

yeah even the shirt itself looks poor. Like the Dunnes stores 1990 kits they brought out.

Im sure it was the player version they had on the dummy. it looked far better from memory.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 11:02pm

And Mr. Ashley's Castore Company now have Sports Direct sponsoring both the Women's & Men's FAI Cup Final's.  Two of his companies. We're fck'd. It'll be the cheapest muck they can produce to sell to Ireland fans for the next few years. Bottom feeders at this stage. I'd say JD is in London with Robbie breaking his
 hole laughing at this deal.. Dead
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 9:19am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

And Mr. Ashley's Castore Company now have Sports Direct sponsoring both the Women's & Men's FAI Cup Final's.  Two of his companies. We're fck'd. It'll be the cheapest muck they can produce to sell to Ireland fans for the next few years. Bottom feeders at this stage. I'd say JD is in London with Robbie breaking his
 hole laughing at this deal.. Dead
Ashley doesn't own Castore. 
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 3:18pm
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Castore were ordering stuff from DHGate or Alibaba to fulfill orders. I got one from DHGate and the quality is the same as the replica in JD and Elverys 
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Castore were ordering stuff from DHGate or Alibaba to fulfill orders. I got one from DHGate and the quality is the same as the replica in JD and Elverys 

There would be better stock of sizes if they were using DHGate LOL
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

I got one too, one if the best quality shirts I've seen from it, usually the sleeves are too long but spot on this time 
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 8:50pm
How is it possible that Castore Ireland shirts lie unsold in the shops but there are massive delays if fulfilling online orders? Bought mine from LifeStyle Sports over a month ago and it still hasn’t arrived yet. LifeStyle are citing supply issues. WTF?!?
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

How is it possible that Castore Ireland shirts lie unsold in the shops but there are massive delays if fulfilling online orders? Bought mine from LifeStyle Sports over a month ago and it still hasn’t arrived yet. LifeStyle are citing supply issues. WTF?!?

Thats the magic of castore!

My mate in glasgow is a rangers supporter and multiple people in his supporters club got Newcastle away shirts with rangers namesets :D
PMc10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 10:05pm
Ordered few bits from Elverys yesterday they'd f**k all in store,scandalous, I'll probly get it for Christmas 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by PMc10 PMc10 wrote:

Ordered few bits from Elverys yesterday they'd f**k all in store,scandalous, I'll probly get it for Christmas 
Nah elverys are quick enough. They only sell what they've got in the warehouse 
PMc10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 10:25pm
Super,pity such a poor selection, no training gear or leisure wear only couple of options... it looks average at best but we'll still buy it & support

Edited by PMc10 - 31 May 2023 at 10:25pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 11:27am
Mrs got me the home jersey a few weeks ago for my birthday from Lifestyle (which was a grand job because I had no intention of buying it myself!). Seemingly she had no issues and it came within a few days.

A few observations (tried to upload a picture here but won't work for some reason):

- The quality is definitely better in the flesh 
- The fit is really good, much better than most of out recent efforts 

It'll be getting its first ousting at the Aviva in a few weeks. Will be interesting to see how it washes after that 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 11:49am
Had a voucher for Lifestyle so i got the away jersey and i am going to return it again. The quality of the jersey is awful in my view. There is 2 marks left on the jersey from where the security tags were after they were removed. I got the regular fit and it is fairly baggy and i have noticed that the player fit version is a different design to the regular fit, there is little green symbols that are on the side and the back of the player fit version that aren't on the regular fit, small detail i know but not sure why they were left off the regular fit. One thing i did notice is that the crest on the regular fit version is sowed in whereas the player fit one is printed on 
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 5:02pm
Just tried it on in store.

Material wise doesn't seem too bad but sizes are questionable.

Better fit than the Umbro one for sure but still having to go a size up on most other brands of jersey I'd own.

Edited by wanderer - 03 Jun 2023 at 2:21pm
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2023 at 11:00am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Just tried it on in store.

Material wise doesn't seem too bad but sizes are questionable.

Better fit than the Umbro one for sure but still having to gp a size up on most other brands of jersey I'd own.

That's good to hear. I carry a bit of timber and the umbro was always too tight when i tried it on. Have seen lads with jerseys that are so tight they look painted on. Not for me. Will head to lifestyle and see. Haven't bought a new jersey in a long time
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 4:05pm
Really is some mess that they still haven't released all the leisure wear ie Polo shirts/Hoodies 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 46>
  Share Topic