Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Castore for Ireland Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 46>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 9:45pm
Bland, unoriginal, overpriced & no doubt poorly made.  Exactly what was expected with Castore 
But sure why would we want a nice jersey LOL
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Love it. Just pre ordered the home jersey, pink keepers top and 19 pairs of socks. 

The missus must be on strike LOL

Embarrassed
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 12:08am
Big question here seems to be why is it a generic design rather than a bespoke design. Id hazard a guess and say it probably came down to the  money the Fai are getting. Cheaper and quicker to knock out a template you already have. 

As generic designs go I dont think its too bad, although I like pin stripes. But for an international team its just not good enough to not have a fresh design. Add to that a pretty plain crest redesign and its gonna get a negative reaction quicker than you could say 'throw it off ya like a wet jumper'. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 21 Mar 2023 at 12:09am
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Someone a few months back mentioned the Castore logo looks like an SAS one. I haven't been able to shake that comment, every time I see it, that's what springs to mind. 

Its based on it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 9:29am
I always think these jerseys look very different on the pitch than in pictures so I'll hold judgement till then
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 10:25am
I like the design. Simple is better in my opinion. Its a bit pricey but I did see the Ireland Rugby top at 120 euro the other day so it looks like a fair enough price in the Irish market for jerseys. 

Anyone complaining about the fact they went with Castore clearly has short-term memory loss as to the financial situation they were left in / are still currently in. The most lucrative deal was always going to be the first choice. Lets just hope Castore have learned from their mistakes in terms of quality with their Wolves, Newcastle and Rangers jerseys.

I will probably buy it, its a shame we have to wait until the end of April though as would have been nice for the upcoming matches. 
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 11:31am
Originally posted by DubLife DubLife wrote:

Someone a few months back mentioned the Castore logo looks like an SAS one. I haven't been able to shake that comment, every time I see it, that's what springs to mind. 

Its based on it.

Don't see anything online, got a source for that? All I could find was an article in The Athletic saying that it's based on the Bentley logo with some inspiration from the Chicago Bulls, whatever that means.

Edited by craiglen - 21 Mar 2023 at 11:37am
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 11:49am
It's grand. The new crest is better than the old one and there is still no sponsor. The price is the going rate at the moment for any new jersey. 
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Its based on it.

Don't see anything online, got a source for that? All I could find was an article in The Athletic saying that it's based on the Bentley logo with some inspiration from the Chicago Bulls, whatever that means.

I hope not. The Chicago Bulls emblem is an upside down image of a robot f**king a crab! đŸ˜®

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 12:22pm
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 12:56pm

Its based on it.

I saw it on a interview last year.

I'm actually sick of the whole thing now. Manky Shirt, Manky manufacturer. Time to move on
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 1:13pm

Its based on it.

I'm actually sick of the whole thing now. Manky Shirt, Manky manufacturer. Time to move on

Is this what you're thinking of?

One of the brothers behind the brand said he "wanted to be in the SAS" when he was a child.

But anyway JC is sick of it so everyone move on. His Umbro for Eire thread is dead.
Niall C View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niall C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:54am
Off topic but it seems the match programmes are no longer with DBA publishing.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:37pm
Looks decent with the numbering on it to be fair
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Niall C Niall C wrote:

They're also €7 now rather than €5
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Niall C Niall C wrote:

They're also €7 now rather than €5
F*cking robbing c*nts
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Its based on it.

Is this what you're thinking of?

One of the brothers behind the brand said he "wanted to be in the SAS" when he was a child.

But anyway JC is sick of it so everyone move on. His Umbro for Eire thread is dead.

No it was an interview on youtube.

You think I'm JC? LOLLOL
PinginĂ­ View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinginĂ­ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 9:30am
Looks good with the numbers. The lettering on the back is a bit big though, looked funny. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 46>
  Share Topic