Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Castore for Ireland Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 46>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by JollyGreenGiant JollyGreenGiant wrote:

Very similar alright 
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 11:16pm
The crest is a shocker.  Green on green. The jersey itself a cheapo knockoff.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Looks Like Trouble View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Looks Like Trouble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 11:38pm
The jersey is Terrible CTRL + C , I don't blame the FAI it was probably the higher offer on the Table (they need to coup as much as possible), Looks like the Castore business plan is big wedge for the rights and low cost for the production which a large emphasis on catalogue templates for quicker larger scale turnaround.

Not many fans will buy it ,Even if it has a shiny New Badge on it.
The Umbro Home 2022 was a Cracker
Umbro will be missed 

Nax View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 11:44pm
I've never seen so many people get worked up by an unconfirmed picture of a jersey before. It's not mandatory to buy it lads.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Nax Nax wrote:

I've never seen so many people get worked up by an unconfirmed picture of a jersey before. It's not mandatory to buy it lads.

Its up for sale on their website.
I love beer gardens
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 11:47pm
Sorry to all in the Castore HQ, but this is trash, will not be buying. 
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 11:54pm
PS - the logo is also terrible - cheap/generic/amateurish

I used to work as a project manager, in a creative agency. Off the top of my head I can think of 10 graphic designers/brand identity gurus, who could easily come up with something better than this. 

Edited by Tweetering - 19 Mar 2023 at 11:54pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Seen a comparison with rangers 2022 fourth strip.

Design is identical.

The Celtic lads will sh*t the pants LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 12:18am
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

https://www.brandmax.com/castore-ireland-home-jersey-senior-371216#colcode=37121615

This link isn't working. It was the same with the link on whattsap. So, are we to assume this was a balls up been released too soon? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

https://www.brandmax.com/castore-ireland-home-jersey-senior-371216#colcode=37121615

This link isn't working. It was the same with the link on whattsap. So, are we to assume this was a balls up been released too soon? 

I said that given the fact that the FAI were releasing it tomorrow. Maybe now they've seen nobody likes it they took it down for a major redesign overnight!!
I love beer gardens
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 12:37am
Couldn't give a monkeys what shirt they wear as long as they can win a few matches 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 1:19am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Couldn't give a monkeys what shirt they wear as long as they can win a few matches 
True. Some of the lads in here must keep an eye on Milan fashion week.

gongman View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gongman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:38am

Looks alright to me, I’ve bought worse over the years.

If they qualify for the euros, couldn’t care less if they were wrapping the players in green tarp…
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 9:08am

Yep, I'm with this for the most part.
Lads suddenly realising we share a shirt-design with Rangers (which is not new) or what have you is a sign of the social-media times we live in.  This stuff was always how it worked when the designs and manufacturers went global.
So long as the green looks well on TV, then that'll do for me.

Gas thing is, lads have decided they will hate the new Castore jersey regardless of what it is as it isn't from 1990.

Lads, nothing now is from 1990.

Edited by Fozz - 20 Mar 2023 at 9:08am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Yep, I'm with this for the most part.
Lads suddenly realising we share a shirt-design with Rangers (which is not new) or what have you is a sign of the social-media times we live in.  This stuff was always how it worked when the designs and manufacturers went global.
So long as the green looks well on TV, then that'll do for me.

Gas thing is, lads have decided they will hate the new Castore jersey regardless of what it is as it isn't from 1990.

Lads, nothing now is from 1990.

And think about it, our iconic 1992/1993 jersey came from a boilerplate design that was used by numerous clubs and countries, and the iconic away jersey was just an inverted version of the home kit. The Umbro jersey we tried to qualify for Euro 2000 in was a replica of the England jersey from World Cup 1998. And on and on. We've had some fairly unique shirts (I think of 2000/2001), but even the away shirt was from a template.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 9:36am
Personally I've no problem with the fact that kit suppliers will use a template between club & international teams in their stable. It builds brand identify, allows for marketing campaigns etc so it makes business sense. Our Irish kit history is full of templates used by other clubs and countries.

My only issue is that if this is the first Castore kit for their first international team that they would have tried to serve up a unique offering. Something no other team has. Further down the road of course throw in a template but personally I think it's lazy at best if the Glasgow Celtic 4th kit that's already available is the template they have gone for.

Like all kits the true test of it will be when the kit is worn by the team with numbers & names, tournament sleeve patches etc. And like all kits the ones worn when the team is doing well are more appreciated than when the results are poor. We have a tough run of games for the next 8 months which could well influence how this kit is ultimately perceived.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 10:35am
Not the most exciting kit design but I like the collar and sleeves. I wouldn't have minded Castore if it wasn't for the overpriced gear they sell. Still, will probably end up getting something.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 10:43am
It could be a lot worse but it is still a disappointment. For that price and the track record of Castore quality thus far, it is not asking a lot to come up with a decent design. The same goes for the crest as well.

Then again, we could still have the "bespoke" designs under the previous distributor and all the vacuous nonsense that came with those offerings
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 46>
  Share Topic