You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Castore for Ireland Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Castore for Ireland Football
    Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:55am
FAI announce new multi-year kit deal with sportswear brand Castore https://the42.ie/6018010
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 12:01pm
A relatively new, and diversified brand. It is interesting to get in on the ground level with them, and how this develops, especially as other teams/clubs will continue to join the platform.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

A relatively new, and diversified brand. It is interesting to get in on the ground level with them, and how this develops, especially as other teams/clubs will continue to join the platform.
Other football clubs fans have had nothing but bad things to say about them, from the quality of the merchandise to the customer service
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 12:15pm
Will the jerseys be available in all good staunch rangurz shops?  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 12:17pm
They're shocking. Have had nothing but bad experiences with them buying Newcastle stuff. They take an age to fulfil orders. When they eventually do it's usually faulty and they have terribe customer service.

You can bet this kit release was pushed back to the 20th because of their shoddy supply chain. Kit being shown two days before the first match, missing St. Patrick's day and the team wearing the kit against France with not a single person in the crowd weraing the new jersey.

Wait until everyone sees the extortionate prices they charge for their tat too. Will be fun!

Edited by Pinginí - 13 Mar 2023 at 12:18pm
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 12:22pm
I think I'll pass on the €86 jerseys that are really poor quality. 

Very few people will be buying
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 12:28pm
Expensive rubbish seems to be the recurring theme. A real missed opportunity with O Neills imo 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Expensive rubbish seems to be the recurring theme. A real missed opportunity with O Neills imo 

I doubt O'Neills would have been able to match the money that Castore are paying. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

maybe not the staunch shops, but the not so staunch shops is a real possibility.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 12:35pm
The FAI needs money so were always going to go for the most lucrative deal. I am interested to see how it will look with the new crest etc. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

The FAI needs money so were always going to go for the most lucrative deal. I am interested to see how it will look with the new crest etc. 

Unfortunately this is the reality of the situation. I heard through the grapevine that Puma made an early play with an offer that was more than the expiring umbro deal so it was being seriously considered by the powers that be in Abbotstown.

Castore subsequently came in and basically blew this offer out of the water by almost double. Given the lack of a lead sponsor and the horrific financial situation as a whole, The FAI commercially would have been foolish to turn it down.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the final product but the feedback from fans of their existing clubs isn't exactly positive.  And there is no chance I'll be paying €90 for a jersey 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 1:07pm
"You don't win anything with Castore" (Alan Hansen)
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I doubt O'Neills would have been able to match the money that Castore are paying. 
I understand that & financial situation is driving the decision. But sometimes going for the higher initial figure isn’t the best long term decision 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

"You don't win anything with Castore" (Alan Hansen)

Wasn’t funny the first time you posted this.

Fair play on doubling down. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 1:30pm

I don’t remember people complaining in the 2000’s when Ireland and rangers both had Umbro as kit supplier or Adidas in the mid 90’s.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I don’t remember people complaining in the 2000’s when Ireland and rangers both had Umbro as kit supplier or Adidas in the mid 90’s.

I agree, but this is a little different. Castore sponsor a few teams that would be known to us. Rangers were the first to have them that I know and took a lot of sl*gging about the quality etc. Umbro/Addias/Nike practically monopolised the kit manufacturers. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 2:32pm
I think i will give this a miss also , must be the first home kit i have not bought for about 20 plus years .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I think i will give this a miss also , must be the first home kit i have not bought for about 20 plus years .

You haven't even seen it yetLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
  Share Topic