FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Castore for Ireland Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Castore for Ireland Football
    Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

When the Chinese sites offer a jersey that's closer to the one the players wear at 1/7 the price then I have no sympathy for them.

I'm not disagreeing with you, and I also use the Chinese sites especially when a sponsor is on the jersey. But the fact jersey Sales are down, across the board is making prices creep up, and will probably go up so much that buying an official shirt is a premium purchase and buying off these sites is just normal.

I'm sure Johnnycee (before he was ran) would say they have more overheads such as marketing the jersey and designing it which means there prices are higher, but in this day and age with Chinese fakes being flawless why would anyone buy a sponsored shirt
Interestingly i heard on the grapevine he has spent a lot of Q1 in China. 
Sponsored Links

foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

When the Chinese sites offer a jersey that's closer to the one the players wear at 1/7 the price then I have no sympathy for them.

I'm not disagreeing with you, and I also use the Chinese sites especially when a sponsor is on the jersey. But the fact jersey Sales are down, across the board is making prices creep up, and will probably go up so much that buying an official shirt is a premium purchase and buying off these sites is just normal.

I'm sure Johnnycee (before he was ran) would say they have more overheads such as marketing the jersey and designing it which means there prices are higher, but in this day and age with Chinese fakes being flawless why would anyone buy a sponsored shirt
What happened there?

I just meant the FAI got Castore and got rid of the cowboy
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I would imagine the exorbitant prices is because of the amount of people wearing jerseys from Chinese manufacturers. The amount wearing non-official Ireland gear at matches now has skyrocketed since pre-covid if not before. This is obviously affecting jersey sales.

That surely has correlation to the price jerseys are now.

I’m not an economist but raising prices in a time of declining sales seems like a self-defeating strategy. Especially for products which are terrible.

I'm definitely not an economist either. 

It just depends, look at something like digital media and streaming. Some people will still pay more for a physical copy of a video game, book or DVD. So prices have gone up for limited runs of things like this which I imagine makes economic sense. Obviously a football jersey is different to physical media but I'm sure there are people who will buy the official kit no matter what.

These football jerseys are all probably coming from the same factory anyway.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 12:06pm

What happened there?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:58am

I would imagine the exorbitant prices is because of the amount of people wearing jerseys from Chinese manufacturers. The amount wearing non-official Ireland gear at matches now has skyrocketed since pre-covid if not before. This is obviously affecting jersey sales.

That surely has correlation to the price jerseys are now.

I’m not an economist but raising prices in a time of declining sales seems like a self-defeating strategy. Especially for products which are terrible.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:56am

Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:35am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:27am

DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:07am
I stopped buying irish shirts when i discovered all the sponsorless versions dumped on classic football shirts every year back in 2017. great job! I assume JACC used send over what ever was left every year. I have every irish shirt going back to 2015 without a sponsor and got them all for about 20 euro too.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Honest question was there much issues back in the day when we had OPEL as our sponsor?

I'd imagine if we were sponsored by them now nobody would complain 
Hated it then, hate it now. Was slightly better when it was just OPEL until 92 then they stuck the bloody logo over OPEL on the jersey. Looked awful. Similar to the orange Eircom blob on the jersey from from 2000 to when 3 became sponsor. I don’t like Castore at all but I thought the Umbro jerseys without the sponsor after New Balance were nice.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 25 Mar 2024 at 3:07pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 2:30pm
I was a toddler then so I don't know, but I haven't bought a single jersey with a sponsor. Either got a player issue one on the secondary market or go without. The whole concept of getting a shirt sponsor for international football is ridiculous and something that's uniquely Irish.

Every other country you can order online and get a player of your choice with a number front and back on. With us you just got a coporate sponsor and pay €95 for the privelege to advertise a british TV company
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 12:38pm
Honest question was there much issues back in the day when we had OPEL as our sponsor?

I'd imagine if we were sponsored by them now nobody would complain 
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:27am
Originally posted by DubLife DubLife wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

They want fans to pay 95 euro to basically be an advertisement board for Sky. Its scandolous. 

Isnt that what club teams do?

Also, why would it be available without a sponsor? Sky are paying to have it there.

Club teams play matches with sponsors on the shirt, international teams don't. We're the only country that does it and have done so for decades.

It's tinpot, greedy and an insult to fans. Anyone who supports it by buying a piece of tat advertising broadband, masquarading as a football shirt is part of the problem.

Edited by Pinginí - 25 Mar 2024 at 9:27am
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 8:25am
In fairness, i had a good look at the fan version in the castore shop at the weekend. Its far better than the gash they churned out last year. Between design and materials used. it doesnt look like a dunnes stores jobby.
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 8:23am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

They want fans to pay 95 euro to basically be an advertisement board for Sky. Its scandolous. 

Isnt that what club teams do?

Also, why would it be available without a sponsor? Sky are paying to have it there.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 11:05am
Saw a few lads with the new jersey, the Sky looked like it was peeling off already. Castore are shocking Ouch
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 9:58pm
Don’t like the shade of green on the training gear and subs tracksuits 
0325422 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0325422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 9:18am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Actually appears to have been a mistake on the FAI Store this morning.

The jersey is now showing at €95, same as Lifestyle and Elverys

Will be waiting for a sale before buying that if at all

I emailed and asked them about the cheaper price this morning and they said from time to time they run different offers 🤪
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>
  Share Topic