Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mikey Johnston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:23pm
Been very impressive since he came on
Here we go again
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:26pm
He will excel for us
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:37pm
A breath of fresh air. A big future in green awaits. 

Edited by TheNumber6 - 22 Mar 2023 at 9:37pm
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:38pm
Absolute gem this kid. He's been deadly, mcgeadyesque
Here we go again
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:42pm
Many folk wrote this lad off before he even kicked a ball based on lazy assumptions re the Portuguese league, and the fact that the lad has been up against the reputation he set for himself as a player of high promise with Celtic. 

Football isn’t a linear trajectory to the top.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:46pm
I was cynical as wasn't sure how he would fit in. Still don't think we will play with wingers much but I do love a direct winger tbf.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Many folk wrote this lad off before he even kicked a ball based on lazy assumptions re the Portuguese league, and the fact that the lad has been up against the reputation he set for himself as a player of high promise with Celtic. 

International football is a different ball game for certain players 

He hasn’t “made it” either after one good cameo appearance against Latvia 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

I was cynical as wasn't sure how he would fit in. Still don't think we will play with wingers much but I do love a direct winger tbf.

Which remains a fair concern as with Kenny’s preferred formation, it is hard to see where a player with his skillset can flourish. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:51pm
Did well tonight, his performance was like some for Celtic, does lots of good things but doesn't finish.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

International football is a different ball game for certain players 

He hasn’t “made it” either after one good cameo appearance against Latvia 

No, a brief but promising cameo against poor opposition by no means serves as a body of work for declaratory statements, but by the same token, it should point in the direction of those who labelled him as a waste of space as being misguided.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:58pm

Which remains a fair concern as with Kenny’s preferred formation, it is hard to see where a player with his skillset can flourish. 

Its a tricky one. We don't really have good enough out and out full backs and we have good CBs so makes a back 5 necessary. And not sure we have the midfield to play a 343 consistently we would get overwhelmed most likely. We've also had poor wingers recently for the most part but hopefully that will change.
The team will evolve when we get the players with the correct skillsets I'm sure.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:01pm

Its a tricky one. We don't really have good enough out and out full backs and we have good CBs so makes a back 5 necessary. And not sure we have the midfield to play a 343 consistently we would get overwhelmed most likely. We've also had poor wingers recently for the most part but hopefully that will change.
The team will evolve when we get the players with the correct skillsets I'm sure.

100%
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:05pm
Very impressed with him - fans love watching this type of player.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Did well tonight, his performance was like some for Celtic, does lots of good things but doesn't finish.

He could do with being a little more selfish, tried to square it a few times where he would have been better pulling the trigger himself.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

That’s a bit harsh - he came on, looked lovely and set up a goal. 
I know what you’re saying about him at Celtic but I don’t think that applied tonight, tbf, albeit that it was a fairly brief cameo.  
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:24pm
He's nowhere near the player McGeady was, but he's of a similar type and one we haven't had in a while. Very impressive first appearance from him.
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's nowhere near the player McGeady was, but he's of a similar type and one we haven't had in a while. Very impressive first appearance from him.

Seems more direct 
Mcgeady would have taken the same fella on three times then lost it instead of having a shot first time 
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:40pm
Excellent debut. 

Bang of McGeady off of him. 

Had he scored after beating three men on the run in from the bye-line, it would have been a goal for the ages. 

Looks like a very positive addition to the squad. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
  Share Topic