You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mikey Johnston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Surprised Northern Ireland didn't try go for him 

Grandfather is from Derry/Londonderry
(Runs from cover here)

f**k out of here with that sh*t. 
What a c*nt!

Him or me? 
Certainly not you!
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 9:22pm

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Surprised Northern Ireland didn't try go for him 

Grandfather is from Derry/Londonderry
(Runs from cover here)

f**k out of here with that sh*t. 
What a c*nt!

Him or me? 
Certainly not you!

Well tbf I’m probably a bit of a ****, lol, but I’m away down the scale from f**kface above ^ 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 2:01pm
Called up, meh
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 2:03pm
Not really excited about this one. Nothing against the lad but he's a winger called up in a team that can only play tactics not including wingers. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 3:41pm
Provides another option, then. He has pace and trickery, a good addition I think and if he can steer clear of the injuries that have held him back, he could be a very significant asset.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 4:09pm
I'd say he'll get about half a dozen caps and then never be seen again to be honest.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 5:15pm
He’s our superstar from Portugal 

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'd say he'll get about half a dozen caps and then never be seen again to be honest.

I doubt it seeing as he’s streets ahead of numerous lads who, in the last 10 years or so, have received more caps than that. 
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 11:22pm
Question marks from some over the level he's playing at but, for what it's worth, Sporting - one place ahead of Victoria in the Primeira Liga - have just knocked the PL leaders, Arsenal, out of Europe.

MrWhitty View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrWhitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 11:55pm
He was clearly very brave in his decision to try and further his career in Portugal it would of been much easier to stick to the norm, head down south and battle it out in the Championship. 
We haven't had a winger with any real sort of skill since McGeady so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 11:08am
Sporting are also 10 points ahead of them with a 26 goal better goal difference. It's a bit like comparing Hearts to the Rangers because they're only one place behind them in the table, but they're miles behind them in reality.

And he's not even a regular starter for them.

Edited by You Tell Me - 17 Mar 2023 at 11:09am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Sporting are also 10 points ahead of them with a 26 goal better goal difference. It's a bit like comparing Hearts to the Rangers because they're only one place behind them in the table, but they're miles behind them in reality.

And he's not even a regular starter for them.

This, they are a team that were knocked out of the UEFA Conference League at the qualification stage - 5th or 6th best team in portugal, but just beaten at home by Arouca 2-0. Johnston has started just 8 of their 24 league games.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 10:35pm
Failed to make if off the bench yesterday in a 5 1 loss to Benfica.
Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Failed to make if off the bench yesterday in a 5 1 loss to Benfica.

Wasn't even on the bench!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 8:10am
Broke into the Celtic team quite young, showed a lot of promise and got a lot of game time, pacey and direct but finishing let's him down. Down the pecking order at Celtic after his injury, so shipped off to Portugal. Not playing much over there so not sure he merits inclusion in the squad.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Broke into the Celtic team quite young, showed a lot of promise and got a lot of game time, pacey and direct but finishing let's him down. Down the pecking order at Celtic after his injury, so shipped off to Portugal. Not playing much over there so not sure he merits inclusion in the squad.

Agree with all of that but I think that from Kenny’s point of view it’s probably a no-brainer to call him up as he’s more technical than most of our players; he offers a wide option, should we require it; and he’s young enough for his end-product to improve. That doesn’t guarantee he’ll do the business for us, but no harm having him in the squad anyway. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 7:24pm
I was surprised by Brady being left out of the squad as I felt he probably deserved to be in it but I don't mind the odd left-field decision by Kenny to include a player like Johnston in who arguably may have less merit to be included

Then again I've a soft spot for dribblers like McGeady so might be a bit biased in this regard if Johnston is similar. I'd nearly always have them in even if they're out of form. They can always get you frees or used as a late subs against tired defences. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:56am
agree, always a good option off the bench when chasing games. Do the unexpected, make things happen even if not everything works out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
  Share Topic