FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mikey Johnston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:34pm
2 goals and an assist, also out the corner in for the 4th goal. Fantastic player 👏🏻
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:33pm
2 goals and assist 👏 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:33pm
Gets himself a second goal before being sub off.
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:10pm
Magic Mike 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:10pm
And another.
We're decent enough..
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Godzilla this smartass name calling is tedious for the rest of us.

Sorry, I'll be a good little boy in future.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 2:44pm
Godzilla this smartass name calling is tedious for the rest of us.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

What does that make you, the John Carver?

You can call me daddy, so I guess that makes me Julian Richard Still, son.
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 1:39pm
What does that make you, the John Carver?
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 1:07pm

Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Ferguson
Johnston-------------------------Ogbene

Manning--------Cullen------Smallbone--------Ebosele

Scales------Collins------O'Shea

GK

I'd like to see us try the above in one of the upcoming friendlies. Probably best suited to the Belgium game.

That's a FIFA lineup if I've ever seen it. Belgium's C team would cut through that like a hot knife through butter. Festy and Ogbene can't play down the same side, there's not a defensive bone between them..

You're right, lads. Let's play for a 0-0 draw and get Coleman and Doherty involved. Building blocks.

Oh, and I don't play FIFA. I'm sure you're a wizard at Football Manager though. The Will Still of YBIG.

I never said play for the 0-0 draw or about any particular personnel choices. If you picked that team, we'd be hit for 6. You have two attacking wingbacks supported by wingers, one of whom (Johnston) is known to not be the hardest worker or one for tracking back.

This is supported by a midfield 2 of Cullen & Smallbone which would be nowhere enough to compensate for the wide players. No matter what team we put out for the friendlies, you have to put yourself in a position to have a chance.

Like I said, the Will Still of YBIG.
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 1:04pm

Ferguson

GK

I'd like to see us try the above in one of the upcoming friendlies. Probably best suited to the Belgium game.

That's a FIFA lineup if I've ever seen it. Belgium's C team would cut through that like a hot knife through butter. Festy and Ogbene can't play down the same side, there's not a defensive bone between them..

You're right, lads. Let's play for a 0-0 draw and get Coleman and Doherty involved. Building blocks.

Oh, and I don't play FIFA. I'm sure you're a wizard at Football Manager though. The Will Still of YBIG.

I never said play for the 0-0 draw or about any particular personnel choices. If you picked that team, we'd be hit for 6. You have two attacking wingbacks supported by wingers, one of whom (Johnston) is known to not be the hardest worker or one for tracking back.

This is supported by a midfield 2 of Cullen & Smallbone which would be nowhere enough to compensate for the wide players. No matter what team we put out for the friendlies, you have to put yourself in a position to have a chance.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 12:20pm
Keeper
O'Shea Collins Scales
Festy Smallbone Cullen Ogbene
Knight Szmodics
Ferguson

It's a friendly so would give Festy a start and Ogbene can play on either side. Can switch him back to the right when Festy goes off.

If Festy is starting I'd go with Knight over Azaz just for his defensive work.

Midfield two there's not much you can do unless you bring Browne in for Smallbone.

Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 11:44am

Ferguson

GK

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 11:41am

Kelleher

Omabamidele  Collins Scales OShea 

Ogbene    Cullen  Browne Johnston 

Szmodics 

Ferguson

AKA pedantic kunt
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 11:37am

Ferguson

GK

Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 11:12am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

One step at a time.
Let's not get hammered first of all. So let's try and break that cycle of casual defeats at home.

No reason why we can't do that without being ultra defensive and wasting people's time and money.

We drew with Belgium "B" last time out. 2-2 draw. I'd take that again. 
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 10:51am

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Johnstone - Manning and Scales all on the left hand side of the pitch - they'll be torn apart.

You'd really want to be selecting your team based on the opposition.

They're two friendlies with an interim manager. It's the time to try things.

Some of you want to play for a 0-0 draw and depress us further.

Shades of ultra negative Noel King crowing over limiting Germany to a 3-0 win that time.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 10:50am
One step at a time.
Let's not get hammered first of all. So let's try and break that cycle of casual defeats at home.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
  Share Topic