You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQUAD - LATVIA/FRANCE 22nd/27th MARCH 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 35>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 8:06pm
Would be unthinkable to not start Evan against France.
Kenny is talking about Idah playing too.
He can't be telling the truth ffs

Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Save the conniptions for after the fact lads!
Idah Dream!
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 8:19pm

Evan will start against France (as long as no injuries). Idah might get a run out.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Evan will start against France (as long as no injuries). Idah might get a run out.

The likely outcome. High intensity game vs France, Ferguson unlikely to play the full 90, Idah the obvious like for like replacement late in the game if we want to keep our shape!
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 8:47pm

Would almost take that just to see the reaction on here. Brings Ferguson on at 2-0 down in the 82nd minute as Idah hobbles off injured.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Think the tone of this is being misread LOL
It isn't anger I genuinely don't believe he would start Idah
I think MO will start up front with Evan in both games or at least the Latvia game to see how it might go. Probably MO and Ogbene will share workload too. I presume Evan will start and share with Idah.

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 9:54pm

If he f**ks this up he needs to be shown the door pronto.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 11:13pm

I think MO will start up front with Evan in both games or at least the Latvia game to see how it might go. Probably MO and Ogbene will share workload too. I presume Evan will start and share with Idah.

Ah OK, I agree with that. I thought it was just another pointless snipe at both SK and Idah
Idah Dream!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 11:29pm

Ah OK, I agree with that. I thought it was just another pointless snipe at both SK and Idah
If you went back through Idah threads and Kenny threads you would find I have been 1 of the most supportive of both the last 3 years.

I do think there are reasons now to be exrremely frustrated with Kenny though. 
I think Idah should see how Evan uses is physical attributes too and realise he needs far more aggression and workrate in his game.

Edited by Nialler - 21 Mar 2023 at 11:29pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 11:35pm

If you went back through Idah threads and Kenny threads you would find I have been 1 of the most supportive of both the last 3 years.

I think Idah should see how Evan uses is physical attributes too and realise he needs far more aggression and workrate in his game.
I'm losing faith with SK myself, but still hoping!

As for Idah, I have no problem at all with his work rate, but he probably could use his physicality a little more, mind you he is really only working his way back to full match fitness now. I still have faith in this lad to come good, more so than Parrott for example!

Edited by John Nice - 21 Mar 2023 at 11:36pm
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 11:47pm

As for Idah, I have no problem at all with his work rate, but he probably could use his physicality a little more, mind you he is really only working his way back to full match fitness now. I still have faith in this lad to come good, more so than Parrott for example!
And just to be clear, I hope I'm wrong about Troy. In his defence, he's a year younger than Idah. I just struggle still to see what exactly he is, he's not an out and out striker, he's not really a hold up type nor is he particularly creative. He can strike a ball, but asides from that, he seems just ok at everything, it's hard to see him make up in to a PL level striker at this stage, but he is still U21 eligible, so has time on his side yet! I wouldn't have him on the pitch vs France.
Idah Dream!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 11:51pm

Yeah in terms of ceilings I would have Idah above Parrott.
Parrott just has no elite level physical attributes and I don't think he has it upstairs to make up the difference

I just think Idah has more in him. He frustrates me. Very good lad, great physical attributes and potential but just seems to not realise he could probably bully most players off the ball at his ease.

Grew up in the same area and played for the same club so do hope he gets a run and his fitness holds up.
He could be one that hit 26 or 27 and becomes a monster too. f**k knows how it goes in the end.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 12:01am

Parrott just has no elite level physical attributes and I don't think he has it upstairs to make up the difference

I just think Idah has more in him. He frustrates me. Very good lad, great physical attributes and potential but just seems to not realise he could probably bully most players off the ball at his ease.

Grew up in the same area and played for the same club so do hope he gets a run and his fitness holds up.
He could be one that hit 26 or 27 and becomes a monster too. f**k knows how it goes in the end.

He's way too lightweight.  Needs to bulk up.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 12:02am
Doherty confirmed as captain for the Latvia game, so unlikely either Egan or Coleman are starting. Could be a 433 yet, O'Shea certainly doesn't need the game time!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 12:04am

Fitness is my only concern. If he can stay fit for an extended period, I'm convinced goals will come!
Idah Dream!
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 12:52am

Idah needs to be more of a grafter

Edited by dangere_here - 22 Mar 2023 at 12:53am
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:15am
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Idah needs to be more of a grafter
Who would be your top 5 grafters in the current Ireland setup?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:32am
If Doherty is captain then could mean no McClean as well. He captained us against Ukraine though Doherty was missing that game. Surprised Doherty was picked over a younger lad like O'Shea, Collins, and especially Cullen if he starts tonight. You'd have to reckon no Cullen either if Doherty was selected as captain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 35>
  Share Topic