You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQUAD - LATVIA/FRANCE 22nd/27th MARCH 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333435
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:10am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Omo miles off the pace tonight won't play vs France imo.
Do you think? I don't think any of the starting 3 covered themselves with glory, but Collins and O'Shea made some sloppy mistakes 
I’m struggling to see all the qualities these lads have that shane Duffy hasn’t.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:34am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Do you think? I don't think any of the starting 3 covered themselves with glory, but Collins and O'Shea made some sloppy mistakes 
I’m struggling to see all the qualities these lads have that shane Duffy hasn’t.

O'Shea was by some distance the best of the 3 and has been consistently over the last year or so. People creamed themselves over Collins after the somewhat fortuitous goal vs the Ukraine. He's got all the tools. but as you would expect from a young centre back, he has a lot to improve on, his decision making was poor tonight, needs to be more decisive. He has been short on game time recently and it showed. Omobamidele was poor, he looked nervous from the off, again he's only 20yo and he'll have better days but he was the worst of the 3. O'Shea is the best passer of the ball into the midfield area of all of our defenders.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:36am

Duffy has certain qualities that none of our other CBs do, a fit Duffy playing regularly definitely gets in our starting XI still imo.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:45am
Based on what I've seen tonight I'd probably go for a 3-4-2-1 for the France game, but with the two behind Ferguson both being out and out midfielders rather than forwards.

Bazunu
           Egan Collins O'Shea
Coleman Cullen Molumby O'Dowda 
             Smallbone Knight
                    Ferguson 

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:04am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Based on what I've seen tonight I'd probably go for a 3-4-2-1 for the France game, but with the two behind Ferguson both being out and out midfielders rather than forwards.

Bazunu
           Egan Collins O'Shea
             Smallbone Knight
                    Ferguson 

O'Dowda will not and should not start, no particular problem with the rest of your selection, but LWB has to be either Doherty or Mc Clean. O'Dowda is a nice footballer, but he cant defend.
Idah Dream!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 2:21am
Coleman has been absolutely roasted in some games for Everton this season. Tough decision for Kenny to make  
It would damage this forums' reputation
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 2:29am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Coleman has been absolutely roasted in some games for Everton this season. Tough decision for Kenny to make  

Agreed, but he at least seems to have regained some confidence under Dyche. Collins who I assume will play at RCB will need to play a whole lot better than he did tonight if they are going to stop Mbappe. Molumby will also play on the RHS of the deep midfield two and he will have to assist also. 
Idah Dream!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 5:47am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

I can honestly see Browne being moved to RWB for Monday night rather than Coleman.

Up against Mbappe?? 

People thinking that someone with a bit more pace than Coleman having a better chance against Mbappe are deluding themselves. Mbappe is one of the fastest players ever, we could stick Ogbene on him and he'd still breeze away from him. The best chance to limiting Mbappe's influence is to put our best one-on-one defender on him (that's Coleman) and try to get as much cover behind him as possible.

Shane long actually clocked faster speed than mbappe. Maybe play him Rwb

Omebamedeles press conference earlier this week he quoted his metres per second time which is faster than mbappes!

It wasn’t. Mbappe’s was 9.6 or 9.8 meters per second where Omobamidele’s was 10.4.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 7:36am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Bazunu
           Egan Collins O'Shea
             Smallbone Knight
                    Ferguson 

Think you've nailed it here, 4 midfield players on the pitch will give us a half decent chance of at least having 40/45% of the possession.

djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 7:37am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I can honestly see Browne being moved to RWB for Monday night rather than Coleman.

Up against Mbappe?? 

People thinking that someone with a bit more pace than Coleman having a better chance against Mbappe are deluding themselves. Mbappe is one of the fastest players ever, we could stick Ogbene on him and he'd still breeze away from him. The best chance to limiting Mbappe's influence is to put our best one-on-one defender on him (that's Coleman) and try to get as much cover behind him as possible.

Omebamedeles press conference earlier this week he quoted his metres per second time which is faster than mbappes!

It wasn’t. Mbappe’s was 9.6 or 9.8 meters per second where Omobamidele’s was 10.4.

The higher number the Better
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 8:15am
Typo. Mbappes was 10.6.

Omobamidele isn’t far off in fairness.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 8:17am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Up against Mbappe?? 

Edited by The O'Shea - 23 Mar 2023 at 8:18am
We're decent enough..
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 8:19am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

O'Shea was by some distance the best of the 3 and has been consistently over the last year or so. People creamed themselves over Collins after the somewhat fortuitous goal vs the Ukraine. He's got all the tools. but as you would expect from a young centre back, he has a lot to improve on, his decision making was poor tonight, needs to be more decisive. He has been short on game time recently and it showed. Omobamidele was poor, he looked nervous from the off, again he's only 20yo and he'll have better days but he was the worst of the 3. O'Shea is the best passer of the ball into the midfield area of all of our defenders.
O'Shea gave the ball straight to Latvia 2/3 times with ridiculous telegraphed passes. Collins played a few loose ones as well and generally looked like he didn't know what he was doing for the first hour-ish. Not to mention O'Shea was jointly responsible with O'Dowda for not clearing the ball for the second goal. Against a good side those two could well have been responsible for us conceding 4 or 5 last night. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What Kenny says will change depending on which way the wind is blowing. I think we will look to win the Latvia game on Wednesday because having back to back defeats (unlikely) and he could be gone.

Losing against France is a real possibility and there is no shame in that but not getting a result at home to Latvia after the shambolic performance against Malta suggests to me at least he will put out a strong enough team to win the game.

Theres a real chance that we could unconvincingly beat Latvia with criticism following and then lose narrowly against France with the team getting praise. 

It was always a good possibility 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333435
  Share Topic