You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Last of Us - series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 2:51am
Watched the last episode and f**k me Joel is a selfish bastard!

Great series though and I'd probably give it a 9/10. Looking forward to season 2.

Highly recommend Chernobyl for anyone looking for something else directed by the same guy. Only 5 episodes.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:52am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Watched the last episode and f**k me Joel is a selfish bastard!

hahaha I was coming here to see if anyone had watched the finale yet! welcome to the choice that has had the fans of the game debating for 10 years LOL fwiw totally disagree with you LOL

personally, coming into the show as a fan of the game I was a little disappointed with the finale. Overall felt it was a really great adaptation but they missed the mark on a couple of big things for me that I find hard to let go, so it drops it down from a potential 10/10 season to a 7 or 8 imo. 

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 2:33pm
I really enjoyed last night's finale especially the Rambo scene Embarrassed. I'll watch the 2nd series but it meandered off into nonsense territory a bit too much for my liking. 

The show is over hyped but enjoyable 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 10:55pm

A solid 7/10 show. Don’t understand the hype at all, is it gamers ? 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 11:50pm
Tried watching the 1st episode of this.  Saw a possessed  granny running around  and thought this aint for me and turned off.  
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:11am
I watched it. The episode with the gay fellas was really good. Not much else.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 6:46am
Decent series started very well and petered off. 7.5/10
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 7:53am
Episode 7 in shopping mall was a big pile of sh*t. Basically just one big woke episode and seems that is the only reason why it was put in. But then a friend said it was a DLC of the game?

Anyway, good series at times but like my example other things were a bit boring and I question what was the point but then again I didn't play the game so not sure if it was just being true to the game.

The episode with the gay guys while also a bit random and woke, was actually a very good standalone story well played.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I watched it. The episode with the gay fellas was really good. Not much else.

What was by far the best episode LOLShocked
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

A solid 7/10 show. Don’t understand the hype at all, is it gamers

I'd say a lot of the game fans have had very mixed feelings about the show to be honest and from what I've seen are a lot more critical than those who are new to the story

the biggest change to the game has been Joel imo but I think it's worked for the most part as an adaptation move for television
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 9:06am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Episode 7 in shopping mall was a big pile of sh*t. Basically just one big woke episode and seems that is the only reason why it was put in. But then a friend said it was a DLC of the game?

Anyway, good series at times but like my example other things were a bit boring and I question what was the point but then again I didn't play the game so not sure if it was just being true to the game.

The episode with the gay guys while also a bit random and woke, was actually a very good standalone story well played.

and did that make you take a second and wonder why you just automatically thought a story like that is woke and that was it's only purpose? like do you always see gay people on screen and just think "woke"? not everything is a f**king culture war man sometimes stories are just stories and sometimes they're bad and sometimes they're good LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 9:51am
Gay people = woke LOL what has the world come to 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 11:54am
When random standalone episodes are inserted into the overall story that have a predominant focus on a specific subject, e.g. the character is gay, then for me a lot of the time its just an effort to appeal to that particular audience. Maybe woke is a bad word to use but tv shows and movies being made to try and cater for all people and creating characters or scenes for the sake of it that ends up maybe taking away from the show/movie that kind of gets on my nerves. If it all fits together then cool but often just feels that the sole purpose is to push the agenda of the person's race/sexuality to appeal to a particular audience versus advancing the story. 

Like if that episode 7 focused purely on the character and her relationship with another character and maybe you could say it was cute but the whole episode focused on it was just too much, I'd have much preferred to see more of her back story and interactions in school and have her sexuality just a small piece of it. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Mar 2023 at 11:55am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:00pm
The first episode was excellent and the rest failed to live up to it in terms of its action, even though the subplots along the way made for good individual episodes. 

I think those who feel like it tailed off are those who had no knowledge of the game beforehand. I expected more action/more infected but judging by what was said about the game then it was an unrealistic expectation.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 1:59pm
Episode 7 was a back story which was a DLC from the game. Very well done and gives background on Ellie, where she came from and the loss/trauma she has gone through

Episode 3 was a backstory from the game that was changed and expanded upon, to very good effect in my opinion. Neither of them are woke or attempts to appeal to any particular audience, in my opinion.

Really enjoyed the series and looking forward to the second one
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 2:12pm
In my opinion, they purposely selected those parts of the game's story as they knew they would appeal the show towards the LBGT community and the woke communities who are always looking for diversity in all shows/movies.

Felt a bit random in the context of the whole show as they had to go into standalone flashback mode to tell the story that didn't really tie into the overall episode. It was basically, let's plug in the story here and it could have really been added in any episode. Other flashbacks were in context of the specific episode.

Not going to die on the hill for the cause but you can't tell me this was not front and centre of the TV execs minds when they laid out the story they wanted to tell / sell 

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Mar 2023 at 2:16pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 2:21pm
Considering that episode was where she was initially infected and it tied in with her birth how she ended up in the military school, I thought it was fine. 

I'll tell you what is ridiculous though. You've been out in the wilderness for months in the cold and you finally meet your brother and he lives in an idyllic encampment with food, showers, beds and you stay for one night. f**k RIGHT OFF WITH THAT BULLsh*t
It would damage this forums' reputation
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 3:25pm
Is that also where she got infected/bit in the real game?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic