You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Last of Us - series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Its been good, not amazing but very watchable. 
My worry is they do a Walking Dead on it and draw it out because it is so popular. 
Id never heard of the game before. So Im wondering is this likely to go a set length of seasons if they stick to the game. Or could they drag the crap out of it with 6 or 8 seasons because the ratings are good. 

I'd be almost certain this won't run for more than maybe 3/4 series. There have been 2 games so far and the creators have already stated that series 1 follows the plot of the first game 
So if they're plowing ahead and doing half the story in the first season it shouldn't be dragged out. I reckon 3 seasons tops unless they make a third game. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 10:40pm
Really enjoyed episode 5
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 10:57pm
The ending though CryCry
Touts Out!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 9:55pm
So there’s now a breed of super monsters just interested in ripping heads off? Any back story to this or are we just to assume they’ve evolved?

Fairly traumatic episode but very good. 

Anybody else considering prepping?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 9:58pm
Ellie spoke about them in an earlier episode. Bloaters. They've been infected for years 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 10:47pm
I want to give this a go as the first game was one of my all time favourites.

But I played the 2nd one when it came out and it's a horrific piece of sh*t (storyline wise anyway). If they are faithful to the source material then I'm just setting myself up to be pissed off down the line.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 6:23am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

I want to give this a go as the first game was one of my all time favourites.

But I played the 2nd one when it came out and it's a horrific piece of sh*t (storyline wise anyway). If they are faithful to the source material then I'm just setting myself up to be pissed off down the line.

I would just tell you now that you'll probably be annoyed. I think they are laying a lot of groundwork for Part II (which I thought was great but suppose those arguments for and against the game have been made ad nauseum). It still feels like the first game although as I mentioned in a previous post I think Joel is a different character than the game at this point, especially after the last episode. But I've seen people who despised Part II say they enjoyed that change so who knows actually, I can never really tell what you folks will like or not LOL

I really enjoyed episode 6 apart from one bit which I thought was corny and OTT cheesy, but it didn't really effect anything about the story it just took me out of the episode for a min. Think Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey are doing an amazing job. 

Episode 5 has been the best episode so far imo, I'm excited/dreading seeing what they've come up with for the final three episodes
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 9:55am
Yes enjoying it still. 

Standout moments for me still the very first scene in the 70s TV studio and the scene with the scientist in Jakarta. 

Am enjoying the lack of binging too and actually having to wait a week for a new episode!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 4:00am
Are people still watching it? The episodes are still good but it seems to have lost it's way slightly. Every episode has it's own story which seems to be taking away from the overall story of the series. The lack of zombies seems to be doing this as well but that's probably the issue with it being set 20 odd years after the event.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 7:28am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Are people still watching it? The episodes are still good but it seems to have lost its way slightly. Every episode has its own story which seems to be taking away from the overall story of the series. The lack of zombies seems to be doing this as well but that's probably the issue with it being set 20 odd years after the event.
Yeah still watching & still very much enjoying it. Season finale due Monday I think. 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 7:44am
Meh.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 8:13am
Doesn't feel like it's lost its way at all, pretty much mimicking the game! Still enjoying it very much
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 12:53pm
The last episode was excellent, a couple of mheh ones before that though
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 2:20pm
Yeah the segue into Ellie’s back story and the arcade YAWN

Latest was excellent 
AS YOU WERE McGx

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Latest was excellent 

Agreed re Ellie's back story, filler., In general I think the whole thing could have been a couple of episodes shorter, twas a bit slow at times. Its hard to see how they wrap it all up now in one episode? I assume they will leave it open for another series.
Idah Dream!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 9:19am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Latest was excellent 

Agreed re Ellie's back story, filler., In general I think the whole thing could have been a couple of episodes shorter, twas a bit slow at times. Its hard to see how they wrap it all up now in one episode? I assume they will leave it open for another series.

Pretty sure they’ve already said there’ll be another series
AS YOU WERE McGx

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 4:33pm

Latest was excellent 

I wouldn't call it filler. It's background. And it's lifted entirely from a massive part of the game. I think it was an extra downloadable segment if memory serves! I liked it anyways  
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Latest was excellent 

I wouldn't call it filler. It's background. And it's lifted entirely from a massive part of the game. I think it was an extra downloadable segment if memory serves! I liked it anyways  

Fair enough, I'm not familiar with the game its based on. I just thought the back story could have been woven in to the story rather than making it an entire stand alone episode 7 in a 9 episode series. Twas just odd and took away from the ongoing suspense imo.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic