You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Last of Us - series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 2:02pm
Enjoyed the first 2 episodes, didn't get the hype around ep3
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 9:20pm
Never a fan of anything zombie related but this has been really good. The story line is very believable. Th scenes of chaos when society is breaking down was done brilliantly
It would damage this forums' reputation
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 6:47pm
The aesthetic of the show is so close to the game its actually insane. Really enjoying this so far 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 7:16pm
Fourth episode was really good too! Never heard of the game before hand so glad to be kept in suspense.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 9:54pm
Excellent Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 10:10pm
Lads, what so excellent about it?

I mean it’s good. But what’s so outstanding? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

It's probably the most faithful ever video game adaptation, movie or TV show. The game was one of the greatest ever.

I think for me that's been the most enjoyable part. I know where the story is going. Usually that's a deterrent to watching a show! The casting and cinematography have been great 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 12:32am
Some lad started talking about this to me today and I hadnt a scoobie what he wqs on about. He said its a show based on a computer game. 

Wtf.

I immediately picturednThe Super Mario brothers film and internally said no thanks
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 12:59am
Its been good, not amazing but very watchable. 
My worry is they do a Walking Dead on it and draw it out because it is so popular. 
Id never heard of the game before. So Im wondering is this likely to go a set length of seasons if they stick to the game. Or could they drag the crap out of it with 6 or 8 seasons because the ratings are good. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 7:41am
Sounds like it’s amazing for nostalgic reasons more than anything else. It’s definitely good just not the masterpiece everybody seems to be making out.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 8:25am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Its been good, not amazing but very watchable. 
My worry is they do a Walking Dead on it and draw it out because it is so popular. 
Id never heard of the game before. So Im wondering is this likely to go a set length of seasons if they stick to the game. Or could they drag the crap out of it with 6 or 8 seasons because the ratings are good. 

I'd be almost certain this won't run for more than maybe 3/4 series. There have been 2 games so far and the creators have already stated that series 1 follows the plot of the first game 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 9:22am
Started watching it because I heard the hype over Episode 3...watched the first two episodes over the weekend and the magical 3rd episode last night and i'm really confused as to what was so great about it?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 12:45am
Episode 3 100% had the media fawning over it because of the subject matter with it being 2 men in the relationship imo. I don’t think you’d have had as many of them calling it the greatest episode of TV of all time had it been a man and woman in the relationship.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 4:39am
Never played the game so don’t know where it’s going to lead.

But is the main enemy in this going to be FEDRA as opposed to the actual zombies? Different to the walking dead where it’s the zombies first and then other survivor groups as the seasons go on?

Episode 3 is good but very overrated. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Episode 3 100% had the media fawning over it because of the subject matter with it being 2 men in the relationship imo. I don’t think you’d have had as many of them calling it the greatest episode of TV of all time had it been a man and woman in the relationship.

That was the point though, he wouldn't have had that relationship more than likely during normal times as he was closeted, took the ending of civilisation to allow it to happen. Wouldn't have had nearly as much meaning if it were a regular one. 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 1:11pm
I felt the point as well was that you can apply that story to any kind of relationship though, and what do we value in that scenario, is it just survival or can there be something else. I thought it was a great episode, the performances were outstanding from both actors as well so it deserves plenty of plaudits. 

Unfortunately there are people who are way too online who decide to put everything into these categories for the purposes of their culture wars. 

It deserves the praise it's getting, but calling anything "the best TV episode of all time" is ludicrous. I don't even know of any legit critics calling it that. Did it just get pulled from someone tweeting it and a buzzfeed type article with the headline "The Last of Us fans are calling this the greatest episode of all time" or some crap? 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

It's probably the most faithful ever video game adaptation, movie or TV show. The game was one of the greatest ever.

I think for me that's been the most enjoyable part. I know where the story is going. Usually that's a deterrent to watching a show! The casting and cinematography have been great 

I agree with you on the aesthetics and feel of the world being bang on, but do you not feel Joel is a much different guy at this point in the game? I'm still enjoying it but it's definitely different imo 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Never played the game so don’t know where it’s going to lead.

But is the main enemy in this going to be FEDRA as opposed to the actual zombies? Different to the walking dead where it’s the zombies first and then other survivor groups as the seasons go on?

Episode 3 is good but very overrated. 

TLOU definitely leans into the idea that people are more dangerous than the Infected overall. There are plenty of scenarios through the games where you fight Infected and it builds suspense and horror and "oh sh*t what the f**k what the f**k", but the overall thrust of the story is how people behave in this world and how they survive, what do they value and how does that impact their humanity and morals etc. 

It's not just FEDRA to watch out for, it's all people (like Joel keeps repeating).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic