You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Last of Us - series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Last of Us - series
    Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 12:45am
Wow. Absolutely brilliant so far.

The game is the greatest of all time in my opinion. The series is on its way if it keeps going the way it's going. Brilliant 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 12:54am

Edited by Sham157 - 01 Feb 2023 at 2:29pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 6:12am
I’m enjoying it but it’s all very familiar stuff and way overhyped of you ask me. E3 was very good all the same.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 10:37am
Third episode is outstanding. 
Touts Out!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 10:51am
I only found out it was a game after second episode. 

It is a very good show in that it's basically like a very long epic movie so far.

I dont think there is anything particular mind blowing so far where your jaw is dropping to the ground in amazement at what you witnessed and its quite similar to other shows and movies in terms of the overall premise to make it stand out on its own as something very special/unique. But that said its still early days and splitting hairs between whether its going to be an all time great or not. Its must watch TV and that is the main thing.

Edited by t_rAndy - 01 Feb 2023 at 10:52am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 10:59am
The woman got me to watch this and she spent half of episode 3 sobbing 😭
Very good show I have to say. That talk show in episode 1 really got the ball rolling early. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:13am
Mod edit:

Despite numerous warnings and suspensions already, you are unable to desist from misogynistic ramblings resulting in more complaints. Enough is enough. Off you go. 

Edited by Sham157 - 01 Feb 2023 at 2:28pm
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:42am
Moving pretty slow so far imo, but gonna stick with it. Seen a lot of stuff online saying episode 3 was the best episode of TV of all time Embarrassed
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 3:35pm
3rd episode was brilliant. You don't really get the detailed backstory in the game so that was pretty cool.

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

3rd episode was brilliant. You don't really get the detailed backstory in the game so that was pretty cool.

It's been phenomenal. The first 2 episodes in particular were very faithful to the first game. The first 30 minutes of the 1st episode is almost a carbon copy.  There's a great accompanying podcast to the series hosted by the actor who voices Joel in the game. Definitely worth a listen if you are enjoying the show 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 10:40am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

It's been phenomenal. The first 2 episodes in particular were very faithful to the first game. The first 30 minutes of the 1st episode is almost a carbon copy.  There's a great accompanying podcast to the series hosted by the actor who voices Joel in the game. Definitely worth a listen if you are enjoying the show 

Stuck it on for the drive to work this morning, so far so good
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:07am
Been enjoying it so far, maybe a tad overhyped but still a solid show.

Personally not convinced on the casting for Ellie and Joel. Pedro Pascal is an okay Joel at best and Bella Ramsey is a poor Ellie. I'm not sure why Ellie is so confrontational and almost bitchy, I don't remember the character being like that in the game at all.

Most recent episode was superb, hopefully they continue at that level!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:54am
Stuck this on after work last night, 1hr 20 first episode! Are they all that long? Only watched half of it but looks very promising 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Been enjoying it so far, maybe a tad overhyped but still a solid show.

Personally not convinced on the casting for Ellie and Joel. Pedro Pascal is an okay Joel at best and Bella Ramsey is a poor Ellie. I'm not sure why Ellie is so confrontational and almost bitchy, I don't remember the character being like that in the game at all.

Most recent episode was superb, hopefully they continue at that level!

I think Bella is doing a great job. 

Early in the game, Ellie and Joel didn't trust each other. Ellie annoyed him. It took time for their bond to develop.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:16pm
Ellie was a little sh*t early on in the game. I think Bella Ramsey has been solid enough and gets her sarcasm pretty well. 

Pedro Pascal is playing a much more vulnerable Joel than the one I remember early from the game. But I'm still enjoying it. 

I'm really glad they changed the Bill and Frank story from the game. The Last of Us world is pretty relentless and bleak so while it was a sad episode, it was a weirdly happy story (in the context of TLOU).

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 10:49am
When is ep4 out? 
Agree on ep3 great tv 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 11:15am
I usually watch Tuesdays but I think they are out Mondays  
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 11:28am

I usually watch Tuesdays but I think they are out Mondays  
Thanks Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic