You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France Away - 7th September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 42>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Arthur Sexton Arthur Sexton wrote:

As a season ticket holder who has never been to an away game before, how likely would it be that I'd be able to get away tickets for the game against France? Thanks.
As the game won't be in the Stade de France and will now be played in a smaller stadium I'm not too sure.  Will probably depend on the capacity of the venue.

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 9:02am

As a season ticket holder who has never been to an away game before, how likely would it be that I'd be able to get away tickets for the game against France? Thanks.

As Kev has said its hard to call untill the location is confirmed , it might still be Paris in the Parc de Prince but wherever it it now  that a large % of away tickets arent hived off by a CEO for interested parties and pet fan groups the ticket panic for games isnt what it used to be  

Make sure you get registered on the FAI away portal  - details on the sticky below 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

As Kev has said its hard to call untill the location is confirmed , it might still be Paris in the Parc de Prince but wherever it it now  that a large % of away tickets arent hived off by a CEO for interested parties and pet fan groups the ticket panic for games isnt what it used to be  

Make sure you get registered on the FAI away portal  - details on the sticky below 

Likewise for Greece with their 32k stadium - I'm much more relaxed about getting a ticket for both these games (as well as a Saturday night game in Amsterdam) knowing that a certain CEO is no longer in place to dish out tickets to his favourites.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 6:13pm
Any speculation on a venue for this?
Here we go again
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Loads I'd say - But none of it informed outside of checking which grounds don't have Rugby World Cup Games at the time (Lille and Lyon).
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Loads I'd say - But none of it informed outside of checking which grounds don't have Rugby World Cup Games at the time (Lille and Lyon).
Definately Rome......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 12:11pm
Someone get on to the FFF there and tell them to get the finger out.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 12:26pm
Isn't it 120 days rather than 60 before the match date that the French FA have to inform UEFA of the venue? 

That would make it May 10th so I assume we should know the venue before the end of May at the latest.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
johnwall84 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnwall84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Isn't it 120 days rather than 60 before the match date that the French FA have to inform UEFA of the venue? 

That would make it May 10th so I assume we should know the venue before the end of May at the latest.

We were within 120 days when the venue for Greece (A) was confirmed. It was possibly confirmed to UEFA before then though.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 10:19am
120 days out tomorrow fwiw
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:20am
Paris confirmed, Parc des princes.

No idea what's changed because the FAI weren't expecting Paris at all.

Anyway, anyone got recommendations on areas to stay ?

Edited by wanderer - 11 May 2023 at 11:21am
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:25am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Where'd you see it confirmed?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

Where'd you see it confirmed?

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:26am
Doesn't matter where you look. Accommodation will be a nightmare with the rugger starting the next day. Paris is a kip anyway.
Danger here, OH NO
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:32am
48,000 capacity. Will be another panic for tickets LOL
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:43am
YBIG experts surely weren't wrong again?? 

Playing the Dutch in Rotterdam and the French in Marseille would have been glorious, always wanted to go to them two stadiums.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:43am

My recollection is that all the FAI were told it wouldn't necessarily be Paris. Paris was never ruled out IIRC

Edited by Denis Irwin - 11 May 2023 at 11:45am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:44am
Great call for those on here who booked Paris Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 42>
  Share Topic