You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France Away - 7th September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 42>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:14pm
Thank f**k it's not in Saint-Denis, the deeper we went into that town looking for a pub, the dodgier it got. Really rough area
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Would suspect there will be a reorientation of location from the usual boulevard de cliche, pigalle, Montmartre given the game is in a different part of the city, plus they are the worst area in Paris.

Been advised to look at areas in 10th and 11th on metro 9 for direct access to the ground while also being very central to inner Paris.

Be a long trip on line 9 if you are starting over in the 10th!

Booked into a hotel in the 11th, about 30 mins on the metro to the stadium. Not all that bad really.

If the rugby wasn't on we probably would have been able to get somewhere more central but the prices are just silly with the rugby. 

15-20 min hop on the metro to all the main areas 

Edited by wanderer - 11 May 2023 at 4:33pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:30pm
Stayed in the 14th the last time I was in Paris and seemed to be lively enough so booked a hotel there as it is the right side of town for the stadium.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Thank f**k it's not in Saint-Denis, the deeper we went into that town looking for a pub, the dodgier it got. Really rough area

Paris in general seems to have some really rough parts. We got the Eurostar home during Euro2016 and just picked any oul hotel near the station as was an early train. Gangs hanging around all night and constant shouting and police sirens. Even the taxi driver gave us a sympathetic look as he dropped us off.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 5:24pm
Staying in Montmartre again (ibis) only 30 minutes to the stadium on the metro using lines 13 and 9
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Staying in Montmartre again (ibis) only 30 minutes to the stadium on the metro using lines 13 and 9

Can see why people would want to stay there again. Think I'm a bit sick of that area though - Did it to death in 2019 and 2016
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 5:33pm
Tbh its handy as ill be getting the train to and from CDG to Gare du Norde. Im familiar with the area and tbh I won't be straying to far from the pub anyway.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by CC1984 CC1984 wrote:

Booked this going from Cork, there does seem to be a few places reasonably priced

It’s expensive but it’s the centre of a one of the major cities in Europe just before a major tournament 

What the hell are people expectations have you seen Dublin prices  - stayed in the Latin  quarter last time but it pricey now have  booked a couple of option and will decide when I do a bit I research 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Booked this going from Cork, there does seem to be a few places reasonably priced

It’s expensive but it’s the centre of a one of the major cities in Europe just before a major tournament 

What the hell are people expectations have you seen Dublin prices  - stayed in the Latin  quarter last time but it pricey now have  booked a couple of option and will decide when I do a bit I research 

I'm staying in the Latin Quarter. What's it like? From what I've read it seems pretty lively.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I'm staying in the Latin Quarter. What's it like? From what I've read it seems pretty lively.

Aye it’s decent spot with good connectivity- hotel just a bit pricier than what I wanted to pay 

We drank in the student area last time was decent spot and prices a bit more reasonable drinks wise - 

No interest in going near moulin rouge area 

Edited by Newryrep - 11 May 2023 at 6:50pm
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 6:58pm
Cheers for the info. I'm the same about Moulin Rouge. I'm not saying I won't be there at some point but if I am it'll be because I've been outvoted

Edited by Paulie - 11 May 2023 at 6:58pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 7:27pm

Aye it’s decent spot with good connectivity- hotel just a bit pricier than what I wanted to pay 

We drank in the student area last time was decent spot and prices a bit more reasonable drinks wise - 

No interest in going near moulin rouge area 

I don't speak Latin which kinda rules out that area.
Handy that they still taught it when you went to school NR!!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 7:38pm
How many will we bring to this if still in contention? 2,500?
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I didn't think we would oversubscribe for Greece so I'd imagine we will be taking similar if not more as a lot easier / cheaper to get to and also a great side.

Looking likely only Gibraltar will be undersubscibed 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 7:52pm

Cheers for the info. I'm the same about Moulin Rouge. I'm not saying I won't be there at some point but if I am it'll be because I've been outvoted

Don’t think the Latin quarrter is the student area but it is lively 
robbie1964 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbie1964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 8:33pm
might go with you what flight aru on to brussels 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I didn't think we would oversubscribe for Greece so I'd imagine we will be taking similar if not more as a lot easier / cheaper to get to and also a great side.

Possibly Amsterdam as well if we're out of contention for automatic qualifying by then.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Possibly Amsterdam as well if we're out of contention for automatic qualifying by then.

away game in Amsterdam at the weekend will attract a crowd no matter how the groups looking loads have it down as there 1 to do as little or no time needed off work etc 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 42>
  Share Topic