You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France Away - 7th September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

FFS lads it was a general opinion shared that if enough people needed a bus could be an option if trains were an issue due to the demand from the rugby  

Was off here for a while and must of forgotten that you should never share an alternative option on here to what certain people think everyone should do Ermm

My comments were aimed purely at Newry!

Angry

Seriously though it’s France they have a decent rail and metro network I can’t envisage a scenario where a bus would be needed 

Anyway time poor this campaign so it’s whatever is handiest whatever the cost ( within reason ) 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

FFS lads it was a general opinion shared that if enough people needed a bus could be an option if trains were an issue due to the demand from the rugby  

Was off here for a while and must of forgotten that you should never share an alternative option on here to what certain people think everyone should do Ermm

Angry

Seriously though it’s France they have a decent rail and metro network I can’t envisage a scenario where a bus would be needed 

Anyway time poor this campaign so it’s whatever is handiest whatever the cost ( within reason ) 
Mr Moneybags strikes again 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 12:11pm

Angry

Hearing strong rumours it will be in Ajaccio
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

Angry

Hearing strong rumours it will be in Ajaccio

LOL
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 3:31pm
Ajaccio would be class unfortunately Carlsberg don't do away trips.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 8:20am
Actually we might all be on Ringerbell bus Big smile

I see there are protests and strikes over the pension reform , i wouldnt be surprised if they try and target the upcoming RWC with us caught in the crossfire 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 9:03am

I see there are protests and strikes over the pension reform , i wouldnt be surprised if they try and target the upcoming RWC with us caught in the crossfire 
Sounds like it's time to Panic
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 9:28am
Move it to Rome!!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 10:04am
I heard there are pickpockets on French buses. 
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I heard there are pickpockets on French buses. 

not far off it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbql7jM5PzE&ab_channel=Semmythejourneyofmylife
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 11:03am

Jezzzzzzzzzzz remember the Euro's NR what a pain that was standing on a 5 hour train trip as out train was canned , hummmmm maybe you were not on our train come to think about it . 

Still they can stick it up them 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 11:18am
Will never forgive the French for their alcohol ban on certain trains during the Euros. Bordeaux to Paris after being hammered by Belgium and not being able to have a drink, disaster 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jezzzzzzzzzzz remember the Euro's NR what a pain that was standing on a 5 hour train trip as out train was canned , hummmmm maybe you were not on our train come to think about it . 

wasnt me CM, flew to Bordeaux and flew to Lille only long train journey was Paris to Lyon 

If there are strikes threatened would be better if game is outside Paris i would guess 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 11:41pm

wasnt me CM, flew to Bordeaux and flew to Lille only long train journey was Paris to Lyon 

If there are strikes threatened would be better if game is outside Paris i would guess 

long? its just 2 effin hours on the tgv LOL

i took 7 trains taking in 3 matches in 4 days using the eurostar and tgv >>>> london to paris to lyon to paris to toulouse to bordeaux to paris to london  Big smile

Edited by colemanY2K - 20 Jan 2023 at 11:42pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 9:29am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

long? its just 2 effin hours on the tgv LOL

i took 7 trains taking in 3 matches in 4 days using the eurostar and tgv >>>> london to paris to lyon to paris to toulouse to bordeaux to paris to london  Big smile

Ok it felt long got home from France  1900 on the Friday up at 330 for a 630 flight to Paris next day 

30 quid insurance flight bought before the tournament saved me a fortune Cool

Wasnt that impressed with  tgv 1st class tbh - no freebies 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 12:38pm

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Actually we might all be on Ringerbell bus 

long? its just 2 effin hours on the tgv 

i took 7 trains taking in 3 matches in 4 days using the eurostar and tgv >>>> london to paris to lyon to paris to toulouse to bordeaux to paris to london 

Ok it felt long got home from France 1900 on the Friday up at 330 for a 630 flight to Paris next day 

30 quid insurance flight bought before the tournament saved me a fortune 

Wasnt that impressed with tgv 1st class tbh - no freebies 
I travelled 1st class from Lille to Lyon during Euro 2016. Was surprised myself that there was no extra service. Nicer seats but that was it. I wouldn't recommend it. Thumbs Down
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 4:27pm
Still nothing re the venue. 
The general consensus seems to be Lille or Lyon. 
Lens and Nice were also mentioned in this thread. 

Saint Etienne, Toulouse and Marseille are all hosting matches 9th/10th weekend so I think we can rule them out too. Bordeaux have Ireland's rugby match that Saturday. 

I can't see why it wouldn't be on in Parc des Princes. Lyon would be the most likely of the rugby stadiums imo (no match until the 24th). 

"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Arthur Sexton View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Sexton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 12:00am
As a season ticket holder who has never been to an away game before, how likely would it be that I'd be able to get away tickets for the game against France? Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
  Share Topic