You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France Away - 7th September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 1:51am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Excuse the pun but Nice would be a nice spot for an away trip. 

I assume the weather would still be fairly warm in September in the south of France. 

Nice is sh*t hole and an expensive one at that - living off its past glories which was probsbly it’s heyday in the 50’s 

Dog crap all over the place as their owners are too posh ti pick up 

Did you visit it as a young man in the 50s
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 8:38am
centre of Nice is fab but I agree once your go outside if that it’s a kip
Here we go again, we're on the road again
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 8:49am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

The only stadia not being used for the Rugby World Cup, that were used for Euro 2016 are Paris and Lens. Seems to be plenty of accommodation in Paris around the dates of our game so not sure what the issue is.

It's the day before the RWC starts so PSG ground in Paris is possible. 

As good a bet as any for €50.

Also seems Orly is a hub for domestic flights 

Edited by Saint Tom - 08 Jan 2023 at 8:52am
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 10:25am
Yeah but France have banned domestic flights where the train alternative is under 2.5 hours so a connecting flight to lyon or nice is probably off the cards.

Ou est le TGV?
Touts Out!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 10:28am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Yeah but France have banned domestic flights where the train alternative is under 2.5 hours so a connecting flight to lyon or nice is probably off the cards.

Ou est le TGV?

We should know the venue few months before the game so plenty of time to book trains if needed. Also if enough of us on same route could look into a bus hire if trains not an option 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Excuse the pun but Nice would be a nice spot for an away trip. 

I assume the weather would still be fairly warm in September in the south of France. 

Nice is sh*t hole and an expensive one at that - living off its past glories which was probsbly it’s heyday in the 50’s 

Dog crap all over the place as their owners are too posh ti pick up 
not a patch on Newry

Exactly 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 11:03am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Ou est le TGV?

We should know the venue few months before the game so plenty of time to book trains if needed. Also if enough of us on same route could look into a bus hire if trains not an option 

It’s France , why woukd you need a bus 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 11:28am

Ou est le TGV?

Well depending on when we know of the venue trains could be fully booked due to demand from the rugby crowd or could be expensive. was just using it as an example obviously trains be first option if available 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 11:42am

Ou est le TGV?

Because it's fifty cent cheaperLOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Ou est le TGV?

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 2:55pm

Ou est le TGV?

LOL

Just to note NR can't use buses , so you feckers need to use trains Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 3:10pm
Buses Thumbs Down
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 9:32am

Ou est le TGV?

Ringer is flying into Istanbul and has a bus organised from there to France!!
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Ou est le TGV?

Ringer is flying into Istanbul and has a bus organised from there to France!!
Sleepy
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:45pm
FFS lads it was a general opinion shared that if enough people needed a bus could be an option if trains were an issue due to the demand from the rugby  

Was off here for a while and must of forgotten that you should never share an alternative option on here to what certain people think everyone should do Ermm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:58pm

FFS lads it was a general opinion shared that if enough people needed a bus could be an option if trains were an issue due to the demand from the rugby  

Was off here for a while and must of forgotten that you should never share an alternative option on here to what certain people think everyone should do Ermm

Ringer, I'm more speaking from the perspective of you saying you are a changed man in terms of going the "creative" way to away games but I'll only believe that if I see it!!!!!
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 3:52pm

My comments were aimed purely at Newry!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 4:53pm

It’s must have forgotten, not must “of”. Thumbs UpLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
  Share Topic