You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kevin Zefi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kevin Zefi
    Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 9:02pm
I wanted to post this and saw the lad had no thread. He is in amongst the senior squad at Inter now

"ZEFI THE IRISHMAN BREXIT GAVE TO INTER"

"With the Under 18 team he has already scored 6 goals in 3 matches (poker in the last match against Spal) and Chivu now always calls him up for the Primavera. English teams could only register him at the age of 18 and the Nerazzurri played in advance

Dominate with his peers, as happens in neighborhood teams when one boy is clearly stronger than the others. And then he moves the bar further, it couldn't be otherwise. The Under 18 numbers of Kevin Zefi, an Inter talent born in 2005, speak for themselves: three league games, six goals scored."

He is in amongst the senior squad at Inter now
Looks very very promising now for the kid. You always worry he would fall away but he is kicking well clear of his underage team and can't be that long til he is on bench or getting minutes if he keeps pushing. I would love him Moran and Ferguson especially to fulfill their full potential. We don;t have many like them in profile at all.

Sponsored Links

ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

I wanted to post this and saw the lad had no thread. He is in amongst the senior squad at Inter now

"With the Under 18 team he has already scored 6 goals in 3 matches (poker in the last match against Spal) and Chivu now always calls him up for the Primavera. English teams could only register him at the age of 18 and the Nerazzurri played in advance

Dominate with his peers, as happens in neighborhood teams when one boy is clearly stronger than the others. And then he moves the bar further, it couldn't be otherwise. The Under 18 numbers of Kevin Zefi, an Inter talent born in 2005, speak for themselves: three league games, six goals scored."

Looks very very promising now for the kid. You always worry he would fall away but he is kicking well clear of his underage team and can't be that long til he is on bench or getting minutes if he keeps pushing. I would love him Moran and Ferguson especially to fulfill their full potential. We don;t have many like them in profile at all.

Sounds very promising indeed. Although I must admit the translation is shocking. What’s the source ? I’m surprised Zefi doesn’t have his own thread 

Edited by ProudIrish - 02 Jan 2023 at 9:59pm
Here we go again, we're on the road again
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

Sounds very promising indeed. Although I must admit the translation is shocking. What’s the source ? I’m surprised Zefi doesn’t have his own thread 
Gazzeta.it. You need a subscription to read the full article so didn't bother obviously and yeah Google butchers all but the jist of it. There are a few articles floating around about him being more and more prominent there.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 3:57pm
Another hattrick after 2 goals last week. Way to good for his level. I am def concerned Inter will destroy his progression. Thry don't give youth a chance at all. He should leave if he doesn't get one soon to a ckub that will get him playing senior football.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 4:03pm

Another hattrick after 2 goals last week. Way to good for his level. I am def concerned Inter will destroy his progression. Thry don't give youth a chance at all. He should leave if he doesn't get one soon to a ckub that will get him playing senior football.

Just hope he's playing in the upcoming U19 games as I'll be at a couple of them in Ferrycarrig Park.
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 4:06pm
https://twitter.com/marifcinter/status/1635301958620704768?s=46&t=S_pTY0GRxSkl94R9x1eAFA 

Funny I was just about to post this. Zefi has plenty time wouldn’t panic just yet. 

The comments are quite funny loads of lads joking about “selling him to fund the salary of a 35yo” LOL 

Seems to be highly rated.

Edited by kevin100 - 13 Mar 2023 at 4:08pm
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 4:16pm
Here's a few twitter comments translated by google
- George Best's Irish heir, had he been born in Northern Ireland he would have been the reincarnation
-
No, it should at least be taken to train with the first one, in the end it has the same age as the coals,
but for me it is even stronger
-
Serie B next year and then first team. Before they put him in a negotiation for some pimp from Atalanta
-
It should be put on a permanent basis in the spring with training sessions and potentially even appearances
with the first team but seeing how young players are managed, none of this will happen

"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 5:42pm
italian underage football isnt the best nor do i think serie b is great either tbh. if hes all hes cracked up to be he'd be better served by looking for a move to ligue 1 if there isnt  much serie a interest.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Just hope he's playing in the upcoming U19 games as I'll be at a couple of them in Ferrycarrig Park.

Was playing first-team football with adults in Shamrock Rovers a couple of years ago. 

Now he's playing with children.  

How many of the 60-odd Academy products that Inter have ever makes a first-team appearance?  

I'm guessing maybe 1 every four years' worth. 

Not great odds for development at a club like that. 

Wasn't Ryan Nolan the pick of the bunch and captain for their academy (primavera team) not so long ago?

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 13 Mar 2023 at 7:27pm
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Was playing first-team football with adults in Shamrock Rovers a couple of years ago. 

How many of the 60-odd Academy products that Inter have ever makes a first-team appearance?  

Wasn't Ryan Nolan the pick of the bunch and captain for their academy (primavera team) not so long ago?
He was, but wasn't his career severely impacted by injuries?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

italian underage football isnt the best nor do i think serie b is great either tbh. if hes all hes cracked up to be he'd be better served by looking for a move to ligue 1 if there isnt  much serie a interest.
Famously Italy doesn’t produce decent footballers.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:21pm

Hattrick scored AKA legs are gone.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Inter have a bad reputation for getting players through their academy. 
There is a pretty decent spread on what clubs there internatiinals come through. So not as simple as conflating Inter with Italy.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:08pm
look and compare the results of italian clubs in UYL over the past 6/7 years. italian underage is poor , most of the players are moved to b teams pretty early in their development. zefi looks like a great talent but he has to be wary of inters pathway. hopefully a way out of the 19s is drawn up for him if this form keeps up.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:17pm
Id be fairly sure that Inter or any other Italian club are not ignoring talents in their underage set ups? Im sure if they are good enough they break through. Or are loaned out and play at different levels wherever that might be.
I love beer gardens
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

He was, but wasn't his career severely impacted by injuries?
He failed get a look in at Serie C level before being free agent for a bit til surprising move to Getafe. It was there he picked up injury day before his supposed debut. He flopped badly before that. Can’t blame injury for his demise
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Id be fairly sure that Inter or any other Italian club are not ignoring talents in their underage set ups? Im sure if they are good enough they break through. Or are loaned out and play at different levels wherever that might be.
They have talents. Plenty.. none get a chance for quite a few years. Lots of them leave at around Zefis age or younger. That is why you have fans like the posts above movking the club and ownership. Presuming top clubs are bastions of youth production is  a mistake. Zefi far better off moving to a Brighton than a top club academy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic