You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kevin Zefi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Id be fairly sure that Inter or any other Italian club are not ignoring talents in their underage set ups? Im sure if they are good enough they break through. Or are loaned out and play at different levels wherever that might be.

They're quite well known for academy/youth players not making into thier senior team or how difficult of a path it has been. Their own fans also criticise the club for this.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 13 Mar 2023 at 9:29pm
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by PaddyMaddenIsCounty! PaddyMaddenIsCounty! wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Another hattrick after 2 goals last week. Way to good for his level. I am def concerned Inter will destroy his progression. Thry don't give youth a chance at all. He should leave if he doesn't get one soon to a ckub that will get him playing senior football.

Just hope he's playing in the upcoming U19 games as I'll be at a couple of them in Ferrycarrig Park.

Was playing first-team football with adults in Shamrock Rovers a couple of years ago. 

Now he's playing with children.  

How many of the 60-odd Academy products that Inter have ever makes a first-team appearance?  

I'm guessing maybe 1 every four years' worth. 

Not great odds for development at a club like that. 

Wasn't Ryan Nolan the pick of the bunch and captain for their academy (primavera team) not so long ago?
He was, but wasn't his career severely impacted by injuries?
He failed get a look in at Serie C level before being free agent for a bit til surprising move to Getafe. It was there he picked up injury day before his supposed debut. He flopped badly before that. Can’t blame injury for his demise

He's scored at Ibrox now so it's back on the upCool
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:05am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Id be fairly sure that Inter or any other Italian club are not ignoring talents in their underage set ups? Im sure if they are good enough they break through. Or are loaned out and play at different levels wherever that might be.

You'd be wrong. Inter's youth development record is absolutely terrible.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:38am
Some amount of experts on Italian youth football. Amazing.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:49am
The appeal of Inter is the top class coaching. If he is good enough he'll get either cameos or a decent loan to showcase his talents.  Which if he impresses then the more mid level clubs will take interest. The lad is what still 18? It's no rush for him to be playing high level senior football right now let him develop. Young players develop in different ways the same route doesn't work for all. 

Edited by SC92 - 14 Mar 2023 at 8:50am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:01am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Some amount of experts on Italian youth football. Amazing.

You don't need to be. Inter's youth development issues are well known and have been raised on numerous occasions since a couple of ex-Ireland internationals who now work as football agents started encouraging young Irish players to go to Italy.

Willy Gnonto got out of Inter (and Italy) at 18 for the sake of his career development. So it's not too soon for the likes of Zefi to be considering his options if he wants to kick on.

Edited by You Tell Me - 14 Mar 2023 at 11:44am
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:46am
Its obvious he is too good for the level he is playing at the moment & another season of the same would stagnate his development. Should be looking at a loan next season imo..not sure where Inter send their good prospects for a season though.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 5:08pm
His contract is up in 14 months. I would expect they will have to make him an offer soon with an upgraded squad position... promotion to mens football. I would leave otherwise/anyway.

Serie B is not a quality league. He would be best going to a place like Brugge or a good dutch team if it is a loan.

I would personally try and get the hell out of there though Gnonto style.

There is supposedly an attitude problem too so who knows. Ridiculous talent either way and potential to be out best player and plays in positions we are so light in.

Reports now are Newcastle are interested... Bad move too imo. Brighton are the perfect team for all our players LOL

Edited by Nialler - 14 Mar 2023 at 5:11pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 10:48am
Zefi linked to a move to Newcastle! Going from Inter a team who many feel don’t give young players chances to a team who in my eyes are less likely to give young players chances! 

Would be some going that. Zefi is very talented some will back him to breakthrough at Newcastle.

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Jul 2023 at 10:52am
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 11:18am
As talented as he is I don't see him making a breakthrough at Inter. Whether he will or not at Newcastle I'm not sure but at least it will be a bit easier to gauge his progress. 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 11:33am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Zefi linked to a move to Newcastle! Going from Inter a team who many feel don’t give young players chances to a team who in my eyes are less likely to give young players chances! 

Would be some going that. Zefi is very talented some will back him to breakthrough at Newcastle.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Newcastle don't give young players a chance.

The Longstaff brothers got plenty of opportunities. Sean became a key player last season under Howe.

They've targeted U23 talents recently. Botman, Isak, Kuol, Gordon, Ashby, Minteh and Tonali.

Zefi would probably go out on loan like Kuol and Minteh (both are also 18). If they can find a good League One club to loan him to, it could be good for his development.

Interestingly, Lewis Miley made his debut in May and became Newcastle's youngster ever PL player at 17 years & 28 days old.

exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 11:36am
Not sure going to Inter was best idea, and heading to a club awash with money and spending hundreds on millions on recruitment doesnt seem the wisest either.  Stephen Carrs old club though all the same.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 12:17pm
I suppose the question is whether he was better off going to Inter or staying in Ireland? Possibly there might have been a better third option in Germany or France or somewhere, I've never liked the idea of these lads going to the top end Italian clubs who have a poor youth development record.

At least at Newcastle he could hopefully get a loan and we'll see where he's at.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 12:22pm
He can still play for Albania as his folks are from there also . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I suppose the question is whether he was better off going to Inter or staying in Ireland? Possibly there might have been a better third option in Germany or France or somewhere, I've never liked the idea of these lads going to the top end Italian clubs who have a poor youth development record.

At least at Newcastle he could hopefully get a loan and we'll see where he's at.

I don't think that fair to say anymore. If you're an exceptional young talent, they'll give you the opportunity.

Roma and Atalanta have produced and given opportunities to lots of young players in recent years.

Atalanta: Scalvini, Bastoni, Kessié, Kulusevski, etc.
Roma: Pellegrini, Zalewski, Bove, Volpato

The likes of Milan, Inter and others often sell players at 18-20 with buy-back options. So they then get good game time and experience at Serie A level before being bought back or moving on to another big club.

Locatelli got decent game time at Milan aged 18-20, then moved on to Sassuolo where he really established himself, and then Juve bought him at 23.

Frattesi started out at Lazio and Roma's Academies, moved to Sassuolo in 2017, and then went on a few Serie B loans before finally establishing himself at Sassuolo 2 years ago. He's now 23 and being linked with a move to the top Serie A teams this summer.

Inter do tend to make a balls of talent more than most though. 

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 1:16pm
Carr did say only for Brexit they would have went to England and now the first transfer window he legally can sign with English clubs he's rumoured to be leaving Inter.

Likely that Italy was a stop gap option till he could move to England rather than stay in Ireland for the last two years.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Carr did say only for Brexit they would have went to England and now the first transfer window he legally can sign with English clubs he's rumoured to be leaving Inter.

Likely that Italy was a stop gap option till he could move to England rather than stay in Ireland for the last two years.

Not a bad idea. 2 years of professional coaching with top facilities while experiencing a new culture.

It should make the move easier, as he'll now be an adult with some life experience away from Dublin.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

He can still play for Albania as his folks are from there also . 

Both of them or just one ?
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic