You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Netherlands Away Nov 18th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 41>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

So around, what,  3% of total people applying? Say maybe 1.5% were genuine (unless all 100 emails to cancel came straight in?)

Them numbers suggest we don't really have an issue with harvesting in general, and to make 98% of genuine fans have to pick up, in a time when there is no real danger of us qualifying for a major tournament seems a bit much no?

Any harvesting is an issue and quite frankly nonsensical since the allocation to ‘fans’ was greatly increased to 90% of tickets as opposed to the previous % under the gangster. A lot of us fought long and hard for a transparent scheme for everyone, but it appears that some only want transparency for everyone except themselves. 

Even the most oversubscribed games since have seen people with only 2 or 3 from the last 10 get a ticket. Harvesting, no matter how many are at it, only falsely increases the applications, it may increase the threshold of games attended needed to get aticket. Its an idiotic approach and does no favours to anyone in the long run. 
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 6:33pm

So around, what,  3% of total people applying? Say maybe 1.5% were genuine (unless all 100 emails to cancel came straight in?)

Them numbers suggest we don't really have an issue with harvesting in general, and to make 98% of genuine fans have to pick up, in a time when there is no real danger of us qualifying for a major tournament seems a bit much no?

I take your point but regardless of that I would still be massively aggrieved if one of those few % got a ticket for a big game or a major tournament ahead of me. The only solutions are to implement collection only or refuse to release tickets until proof of travel has been supplied. Only issue with providing proof of travel will be smart people photoshopping 

Edited by SeaSharp - 29 Sep 2023 at 6:34pm
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 6:49pm
I've no idea who these people are who don't want transparency for themselves, but being told to pick up a ticket because 100 or so people may be harvesting (which is a bit pointless and stupid) is a bit of annoyance. 

I thought the problem in the past was the supporters clubs taking what they wanted compared to independent travellers? Was that not the problem as opposed a very small amount of idiots buying tickets for games they aren't attending?
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 7:02pm
For Paris myself and a mate went on matchday to collect the ticket. I'd collected mine the day before but he was arriving in after the deadline before the day of the match. Asked if we could be in the same section and Cria took out a pile of what must have 100s of unused tickets and swapped them without hassle. Not eure why people would spend 65 quid to harvest tickets but they clearly do
Danger here, OH NO
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 7:55pm

You might wanna look at the Tbilisi thread where the guts of 20% of the tickets were harvested at the last visit and similar to Paris a mysterious illness swept some supporters who couldn’t travel at the last minute

The FAI would really not want to do 100% collection given the logistics  ( Paris wasn’t their decision ) but I have no real issue if every once in a while they ask for it or a 10% sample just to keep everybody ‘honest’ - and I don’t think anybody should 

Edited by Newryrep - 29 Sep 2023 at 7:58pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 9:00pm
No issue with the 10% idea. What it needs is consistency as pages and pages are about potential tickets collections, rumours etc. Be good to know where you stand.

Collection in places like Tbilisi are easy enough when it's a small city but if you are having to get to grounds early, trek out to other sides of major cities it becomes a hindrance to your trip. Travelling fans are treated like an after thought at the best of times.
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 4:48pm
What was the follpw up action for those who mysteriously cancelled the Paris trip, changed name in Athens or were a no show in Tblisi? 
cournioni View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cournioni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 8:12am
Don’t mind the collection of tickets at the ground either as long as it can be guaranteed to be quick and easy which in fairness it was in Paris. The only issue there was the traffic - we landed the day of the game and it was fairly stressful right up until you saw the ticket booth! 

Took away the enjoyment of the build up to the game, but then if we were there the day before we wouldn’t have had to worry about it.

Missed out on the ballot for both this and the Gibraltar game - any of the rest of you get email notifications for the ballot?

This one is oversubscribed apparently.
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 9:25am
All booked up for this, can't wait. 
Mccahim2 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mccahim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 11:48am
Have tickets been allocated for this game yet?
dogrady26 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogrady26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 11:57am
Originally posted by cournioni cournioni wrote:

Don’t mind the collection of tickets at the ground either as long as it can be guaranteed to be quick and easy which in fairness it was in Paris. The only issue there was the traffic - we landed the day of the game and it was fairly stressful right up until you saw the ticket booth! 

Took away the enjoyment of the build up to the game, but then if we were there the day before we wouldn’t have had to worry about it.

Missed out on the ballot for both this and the Gibraltar game - any of the rest of you get email notifications for the ballot?

This one is oversubscribed apparently.

I haven't been gettin emails from the FAI notifying me of the portals opening for ticket applications for the last few games. Relying on texts from friends that get the emails.
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 1:45pm
I got the email on 15 September which covered both games. You'd want to check with FAI that you are still on their mailing list and check your spam.
Lodger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 3:12pm
Seem to be quite a few not receiving the emails. Between here and SLO posts on social media I've been made aware of applications being open etc. Have flagged with FAI so hopefully will be resolved for the next campaign.
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 8:38am
Yeah havent been getting the emails for years, despite numerous requests to update and being told it was resolved. Ive never missed an application i intended to enter through checking in here etc but it shouldnt have to be like that. Also, on collection of tickets in Paris, they had an old address i lived at on the envelope, despite this being changed about 2 years ago, which would have been a disaster was it post out tickets.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Yeah havent been getting the emails for years, despite numerous requests to update and being told it was resolved. Ive never missed an application i intended to enter through checking in here etc but it shouldnt have to be like that. Also, on collection of tickets in Paris, they had an old address i lived at on the envelope, despite this being changed about 2 years ago, which would have been a disaster was it post out tickets.

Might be worth checking you have changed your address on both portals. 
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Might be worth checking you have changed your address on both portals. 

Yeah have it all up to date on both and another request gone in to make sure its updated again to avoid any chance of mishap should there be a ticket posting down the line. Its just annoying that you cant rely on portals to be accurate with information/updates provided. I know a couple of people who dont really use the forum and would have relied on emails for applications to apply, that missed out on Gibraltar & Holland Aways. They emailed TO so i suppose wait to see if they get sorted but point still stands when it should be a relatively simple thing in this day and age.
dogrady26 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogrady26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 12:07pm
How many games will be needed to get a Holland ticket? We have Luxembourg, Scotland, Greece and France from recent aways

Edited by dogrady26 - 06 Oct 2023 at 12:10pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by dogrady26 dogrady26 wrote:

How many games will be needed to get a Holland ticket? We have Luxembourg, Scotland, Greece and France from recent aways

Lux was classed as oversubscribed so won't count. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 41>
  Share Topic