You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Netherlands Away Nov 18th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 41>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Anyone who has had issues with train or metro fares, or checking out of the transport network can correct it gets after six days.

They tried to charge me 20 quid for the train to the airport. There was nowhere to scan out when we got to the airport the snakes
Only just remembered to tap out myself but they were at the top of the escalators when coming off the platform but yeah had basically forgotten about it until I saw the yellow poll
Sponsored Links

Deco View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 8:07pm

Anyone who has had issues with train or metro fares, or checking out of the transport network can correct it gets after six days.

They tried to charge me 20 quid for the train to the airport. There was nowhere to scan out when we got to the airport the snakes

Was there in September I didn't know you had to scan off when getting off the bus, driver thankfully came after us and told us to scan off. Would of been charged €10 instead of €3.
Let the Games begin ...
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:11pm

Same as. That's why I've posted the link

Good man, how much should it have been?🤣

Anyone else have trouble with taxi drivers? Tried to charge me 96e one of the nights, ended up in a fight with him and getting pushed into a stack of bikes🙈
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:26pm
€4.90 with bank card to the airport. Tram, metro or bus is €3.40 for one hour unlimited travel.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
LeedsUnitedEire View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeedsUnitedEire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:37pm
€9 for 24 hours metro, bus and tram pass was best business I did all weekend.
Lodger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:47pm
€9 for 24 hour unlimited travel was decent value. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:52pm
8 quid in Dublin.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Lodger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

8 quid in Dublin.  
Zero interest in doing that much travel around Dublin 😀
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

8 quid in Dublin.  
Zero interest in doing that much travel around Dublin 😀

LOLLOL
AKA pedantic kunt
Deco View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by dotts101 dotts101 wrote:

Good man, how much should it have been?�£

Anyone else have trouble with taxi drivers? Tried to charge me 96e one of the nights, ended up in a fight with him and getting pushed into a stack of bikes🙈

I got charged €64 when I was there last year, airport to hotel (near the zoo). Never again Ouch
Let the Games begin ...
JamesyB1989 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesyB1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 5:27am

https://zelfregelen.ovpay.nl/reisoverzicht  - https://zelfregelen.ovpay.nl/reisoverzicht ;

We had a similar issue. Guy kept saying he wanted Cash. We said we dont have cash and want to pay card. We didnt seem to be going in the direction of our hotel, and he randomly stopped at an ATM telling us to get cash. We refused and asked why we were there. Then we realised we were not going the right way. We asked to see the price on the meter which he refused to do.  Pretty heated argument broke out and then we demanded to be let out. Got out and found a different taxi who told us the guy had brought us in the complete opposite direction of where we were going. Original guy wanted over 60 euro for a 20-30 euro trip
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 6:38am
3 day pass for €30 was handy and could travel to other cities if you wanted to on it . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 6:45am
Originally posted by mr posh mr posh wrote:

Missus first Ireland game sad to say her last one after Saturday nights chaos I’ve emailed FAI no response no surprise !!

Not sure of your match day  experience but you do need ti take into account when the mrs is with you ie where you sit/stand

Normally head to the back of the stand so nobody can fall down on you or get soaked by idiots throwing  beer 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 8:37am

They try and charge you off meter.. they wanted €100 back to the city after the game. eventually got a taxi guy who put it on the meter for €55. Same in the city, a lot of taxi drivers quote you off meter, so you'll learn quickly. 
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

3 day pass for €30 was handy and could travel to other cities if you wanted to on it . 

That’s a rip off. It’s 16 euro in Dublin. 
AKA pedantic kunt
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 8:53am

Amsterdam taxi drivers are basically a known scam so not surprised to hear about that.

Wouldn't imagine they get that much work seeing how good the public transport system is
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 8:57am
Learnt about these taxi drivers on away trips a long time back. Straight into a taxi at the airport, meter off, 'special football price' you are told. Criminals.

Went via Bucharest for the Moldova game a few years back, them lads take it to another level of robbery. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:05am
You's should use Uber lads. Fare is in the app before you get in the car. Way cheaper than a taxi as well
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 41>
  Share Topic