You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Netherlands Away Nov 18th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 41>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by DubLife DubLife wrote:

Whats the craic with the portal for away tickets? is it open yet?

The first away game isn't until mid June so the portal will probably open in early May.
Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Just booked flights there for me and my dad - €225 each return which isn't too bad as he would only fly direct

Has anyone booked central accom at a reasonable price? Looking at booking.com and prices seem quite high

Surprised the oul fella is going there with you again after your carry on the last time!

I promised him that there will be no whacky tobaccy this time LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 5:34pm

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Just booked flights there for me and my dad - €225 each return which isn't too bad as he would only fly direct

Has anyone booked central accom at a reasonable price? Looking at booking.com and prices seem quite high

Surprised the oul fella is going there with you again after your carry on the last time!

I promised him that there will be no whacky tobaccy this time LOL

LOL
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 9:15pm
Booked the one night just as didn't want to take the Friday off and too tight getting a flight when coming from Donegal. Should be good auld craic anyway!
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 2:22pm
Sorted for this now. Direct flights from Belfast on the Friday morning and back on the Sunday evening, £240 steep enough but it cuts out a lot of hassle. Hotel right in city centre, around £230 including breakfast and free cancellation. Accommodation prices dear enough in Amsterdam. Just waiting for confirmation on Greece and France to get all the away trips organised.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Sorted for this now. Direct flights from Belfast on the Friday morning and back on the Sunday evening, £240 steep enough but it cuts out a lot of hassle.

They are steep. Booked over from BFS on the Friday.
There's an easyJet flight to Stansted on the Sunday which I've booked, not too bad a price. Plenty of options back to Ireland; will hopefully get the Derry flight when they go on sale.

One (maybe the only?) advantage of Brexit is that the Brits allow 4L of duty free spirits these days, so going via Britain can work out alright if you're making use of the allowance. Can't get it if you fly directly to the north from the EU, but if you fly to the north from Britain, you're allowed whatever amount you want.
City Till I Die
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 6:16am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Sorted for this now. Direct flights from Belfast on the Friday morning and back on the Sunday evening, £240 steep enough but it cuts out a lot of hassle.

They are steep. Booked over from BFS on the Friday.
There's an easyJet flight to Stansted on the Sunday which I've booked, not too bad a price. Plenty of options back to Ireland; will hopefully get the Derry flight when they go on sale.

One (maybe the only?) advantage of Brexit is that the Brits allow 4L of duty free spirits these days, so going via Britain can work out alright if you're making use of the allowance. Can't get it if you fly directly to the north from the EU, but if you fly to the north from Britain, you're allowed whatever amount you want.

London to Belfast you can get duty free ? Really - you sure  ? Didn’t know that 

( not particularly botthered as well stocked up on spirits arm) 

Looked at the easyJet flight but the late Sunday put us off 

Edited by Newryrep - 14 Feb 2023 at 6:17am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

[London to Belfast you can get duty free ? Really - you sure  ? Didn’t know that

Nah, mean on the EU-Britain flight, you can get your 4L. Then bring the 4L on your flight to the north. Eu-North, it's considered the Single Market, so no duty free.
Wee quirk of the protocol, I suppose.
Ryanair are selling 1L of Jameson for €20, so at least stock up on that.
City Till I Die
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 9:48pm

[London to Belfast you can get duty free ? Really - you sure  ? Didn’t know that

Nah, mean on the EU-Britain flight, you can get your 4L. Then bring the 4L on your flight to the north. Eu-North, it's considered the Single Market, so no duty free.
Wee quirk of the protocol, I suppose.
Ryanair are selling 1L of Jameson for €20, so at least stock up on that.

How do you get 4L on a GB NI flight 

It’s not 20 euro London to Belfast 

Was 15 euro London to Dublin in nov 

I am confused ( not for the first time ) 

Edited by Newryrep - 14 Feb 2023 at 9:54pm
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 7:53pm
Haha, this is all going slightly OT here, but  you buy the 4L of duty free in Amsterdam (or on the Ryanair flight, which were charging €20 a litre the other day). You then just bring the duty free you bought earlier onto your flight to the north.
City Till I Die
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 8:49pm

Haha, this is all going slightly OT here, but  you buy the 4L of duty free in Amsterdam (or on the Ryanair flight, which were charging €20 a litre the other day). You then just bring the duty free you bought earlier onto your flight to the north.

But do you not have to go through security in the GB airport to get your flight to NI  ? - and its no liquids over 100ml  - unless they allow a sealed duty free bag 

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 8:57pm
Sealed Duty free bags are allowed through.

On a separate note I am partial to a jameson here and there, but have been picking up a bottle everytime on a flight between Ireland and UK due to yhe price and have ended up with a cupboard of the stuff, spending more than I would have out the supermarket. Its like some brain freeze everytime I see it at that price. Brexit will be cancelled by the time I get through it all.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Sealed Duty free bags are allowed through.

On a separate note I am partial to a jameson here and there, but have been picking up a bottle everytime on a flight between Ireland and UK due to yhe price and have ended up with a cupboard of the stuff, spending more than I would have out the supermarket. Its like some brain freeze everytime I see it at that price. Brexit will be cancelled by the time I get through it all.

hopefully ISIS arent monitoring this site 

Know what you meant , got to the stage i was asking relatives did they need any spirits as i had had enough  bacrardi/baileys/gin to last an age 
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 6:34pm
Litres of Jameson in the north can be got for 16 sterling so hardly worth the hassle
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 11:02am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I'd actually love to do ferry/train combo for this

Anyone have any experience in that? Best routes etc? 

sail rail ticket from ireland to london then on to the direct eurostar from london to amsterdam. it would be a very long day and probably only possible if starting off from dublin.

btw with the sail rail ticket you can start your journey from any train station in ireland.
thanks chief  

Looking to make a right trip of this, maybe 10 days or so. Dublin-Cherbourg and then a couple of nights in 2 or 3 towns and cities. Never done anything like this before so not sure yet if I'll be able but certainly going to try

I imagine tickets for this game will be relatively difficult to get?
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 11:28am

sail rail ticket from ireland to london then on to the direct eurostar from london to amsterdam. it would be a very long day and probably only possible if starting off from dublin.

btw with the sail rail ticket you can start your journey from any train station in ireland.
thanks chief  

Looking to make a right trip of this, maybe 10 days or so. Dublin-Cherbourg and then a couple of nights in 2 or 3 towns and cities. Never done anything like this before so not sure yet if I'll be able but certainly going to try

most with any sort of a record should be ok  remember gone are the days when a large proportion of tickets were siphoned off  - it would be the first away gamers i would worry about as not necessarily all will be that interesested in the football 

Edited by Newryrep - 24 Apr 2023 at 11:29am
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 12:00pm
Haven't been on an away in 10 years unfortunately so I'll have no record. I'll be depending on luck, the kindness of strangers or a sneaky home section ticket!
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 12:05pm

thanks chief  

most with any sort of a record should be ok  remember gone are the days when a large proportion of tickets were siphoned off  - it would be the first away gamers i would worry about as not necessarily all will be that interesested in the football 

You could be right NR as there is a tulip festival at the same time , sure loads will be going for that alone maybe Question
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 41>
  Share Topic