You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Netherlands Away Nov 18th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 9:02pm
Amsterdam on a Sat night, it'll get a big crowd no matter what. 
Sponsored Links

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Amsterdam on a Sat night, it'll get a big crowd no matter what. 

Everyone said that about Glasgow
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I'd actually love to do ferry/train combo for this

Anyone have any experience in that? Best routes etc? 

sail rail ticket from ireland to london then on to the direct eurostar from london to amsterdam. it would be a very long day and probably only possible if starting off from dublin.

btw with the sail rail ticket you can start your journey from any train station in ireland.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 9:31pm
at least it’s not going to Liverpool or Rome as was widely touted 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

sail rail ticket from ireland to london then on to the direct eurostar from london to amsterdam. it would be a very long day and probably only possible if starting off from dublin.

btw with the sail rail ticket you can start your journey from any train station in ireland.
thanks chief  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 10:22pm

thanks chief  
You on a save the planet buzz bro?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 10:27pm

Thats a doddle...try dun laoghaire to holyhead to London to Folkestone to ostend to Brussels to Milan to Rome to cittavecchia to cagliari...2 days, the folly of youth 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

thanks chief  

Going to try my best  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 10:06am

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

thanks chief  

Going to try my best  
fair playClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Wouldn't be touching flight schedules for a year out just yet. There'll be plenty of options, no need to jump on it now

Happy enough to pay a bit extra for decent times - woukd think AL and Ryanair will be wise to the game  

Was hoping for Rotterdam as well just for somewhere different 
You'd think so but to be fair to AL and I know it's a smaller game than Holland in terms of travel but they didn't really go to mad on the prices for Greece, put on an extra flight at €180 for it when they could have gone to whatever they want.

Will wait and see anyway, plenty of options, trains etc.

Likewise would have preferred somewhere else, there'll be a hell of alot travelling to Amsterdam with no interest in the football 

Gutted we don't get to play at De Kuip. One I want to tick off, although majority would have stayed in Amsterdam either way.

We won't take that many unless there is some massive upturn in our form or we have a chance of going through (which would take a miracle). I'd say the interest in travelling away to watch us amongst the bandwagon element is at an all time low.

Drugs and Hookers will make for 1000,s travelling . Now before you say it i am going because Stephen Kenny will be putting on a show . Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Drugs and Hookers will make for 1000,s travelling . Now before you say it i am going because Stephen Kenny will be putting on a show . Big smile

You just concentrate on a good steak restaurent 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 2:08pm

Hug 
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 2:39pm

Loetje is a Dutch chain steakhouse, there's a few of them around Amsterdam. They do a lovely steak. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Loetje is a Dutch chain steakhouse, there's a few of them around Amsterdam. They do a lovely steak. 

Thumbs Up ended up in some Uruguayan place on a street full of steak houses which was excellent  - but it was years ago  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 8:06am
What’s the dog situation in Amsterdam.   Asking for a friend. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

What’s the dog situation in Amsterdam.   Asking for a friend. 

It's bad in "woof" sorry rough areas of town .
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Thats a doddle...try dun laoghaire to holyhead to London to Folkestone to ostend to Brussels to Milan to Rome to cittavecchia to cagliari...2 days, the folly of youth 

mother of god what a trip LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 10:10pm

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

mother of god what a trip LOL
It was great...wouldn't charge it for the world. Interrail ticket was £169punts at the time, covered all the travel except the ferry to holyhead which was £13 or thereabouts. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
  Share Topic