You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Netherlands Away Nov 18th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 41>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cournioni View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cournioni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Netherlands Away Nov 18th
    Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 11:39pm
Disgraceful and very off putting. 

We don’t spend hundreds of Euros going to an away match to be treated like we were in Amsterdam, let alone be told it was our own fault by our own association. It was a shambles, call it for what it is and don’t try to fob it off.
Sponsored Links

Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

FAI have issued an apology for the email.

What a pathetic shambles. 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 7:22pm
Why can't they do anything right?
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Farcical
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 7:13pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 7:11pm
no doubt McPritt Stick's paws are all over the original email
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 4:32pm
I see the FAI are going with the same defense as "Hillsborough was the fans fault"
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 1:52pm
Disgraceful but not surprised. Still the same FAI. 
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 1:29pm
Heads should roll over this
PGNWTLOI1D View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PGNWTLOI1D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 11:22am
so : it was just all our fault yeh? few lads had 4 pints of heineken and that's what almost caused a crush? Jesus Christ
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 11:02am
Interesting tweet from the YBIG account regarding the issues experienced at this game.....
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2023 at 11:16am
I wasn’t asked for a cert though the flag is small 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2023 at 10:53am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

I just want to provide a brief update to fans after the game in Amsterdam.

I’ve already compiled a draft report which has been submitted to the FAI.  There will be a review meeting this week which I will be attending.

Many fans missing a large part of the first half and some missing the whole game is very concerning.

The invitation for visiting fans to join the fanzone pre-match indicated a low-risk fixture.  This was also obviously the view of everybody from the Irish side.

The lighting outside the stadium appeared to be inadequate.

Due to the fencing erected around the away end (Sector K) the signage was incorrect.  Direction signs for “away fans” were difficult to see due to lighting.

The security levels and procedures for those entering the away end were akin to those of a high-risk fixture.  I was not expecting this.  On further research since Saturday this level of heightened security is becoming more and more common.  I will endeavour to identify in advance future occasions where our fans may be subjected to this level of security.   

Please note all jurisdiction and levels of security are the responsibility of the host football federation.  Neither I nor the FAI can determine the level of security.  Of course we can advise and try and intercede to help in situations but the host federation are in total control. 

Four turnstiles for 2,400 fans is in my personal view inadequate.  However it complies with the UEFA regulations of 1 per 650 fans.  I will be providing feedback on the regulations.  The figures for the Aviva stadium are significantly better. 

I would like to hear from fans with

1)     Any evidence of anything you would consider unsafe

2)     Anybody whose ticket was “already scanned” when they reached the turnstiles.

3)     Anything you feel I should be aware of regarding the game.

Fire certs for flags, is this something we should all have going forward? 

I'm working to get more info.  However as a simple answer Yes it will definitely help.

UEFA/FIFA regulations stipulate any flag/banner over 1.4 metres x 2 metres requires a fire cert.  In the past my understanding is that smaller flags were not a concern.  The Dutch appeared to require a fire cert for smaller flags on Saturday.  Of course as always the host federation control the game.

If you are getting a new flag/banner made it really needs to be made in the EU/UK.  A fire cert should be attached by default.  

To be fair you Gary you called out the flag fire certs back in May. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2023 at 10:44am
Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

I’ve already compiled a draft report which has been submitted to the FAI.  There will be a review meeting this week which I will be attending.

Many fans missing a large part of the first half and some missing the whole game is very concerning.

The invitation for visiting fans to join the fanzone pre-match indicated a low-risk fixture.  This was also obviously the view of everybody from the Irish side.

Due to the fencing erected around the away end (Sector K) the signage was incorrect.  Direction signs for “away fans” were difficult to see due to lighting.

The security levels and procedures for those entering the away end were akin to those of a high-risk fixture.  I was not expecting this.  On further research since Saturday this level of heightened security is becoming more and more common.  I will endeavour to identify in advance future occasions where our fans may be subjected to this level of security.   

Please note all jurisdiction and levels of security are the responsibility of the host football federation.  Neither I nor the FAI can determine the level of security.  Of course we can advise and try and intercede to help in situations but the host federation are in total control. 

Four turnstiles for 2,400 fans is in my personal view inadequate.  However it complies with the UEFA regulations of 1 per 650 fans.  I will be providing feedback on the regulations.  The figures for the Aviva stadium are significantly better. 

2)     Anybody whose ticket was “already scanned” when they reached the turnstiles.

I'm working to get more info.  However as a simple answer Yes it will definitely help.

UEFA/FIFA regulations stipulate any flag/banner over 1.4 metres x 2 metres requires a fire cert.  In the past my understanding is that smaller flags were not a concern.  The Dutch appeared to require a fire cert for smaller flags on Saturday.  Of course as always the host federation control the game.

If you are getting a new flag/banner made it really needs to be made in the EU/UK.  A fire cert should be attached by default.  
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2023 at 10:12am

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 4:16pm
I was there with my 12 & 9 year old sons. The big thing I noticed and Gary touched on was the atmosphere between the fans pre game was very friendly. My lads got a great reception off the Dutch fans in the bar beside the ground and around Amsterdam. With the fanzone it was clearly thought that this was a low risk fixture in terms of potential trouble. It's like the Dutch FA and the security for the Ajax Stadium were on totally different hymnsheets.

When we got to the away entrance there was a noticeable change in atmosphere from the stewards at the gate than others we encountered and I was greatly surprised at the intensity of the searches. I know Dutch club football can attract issues with fans and I think they just treated Irish fans the same as PSV.

We all agreed in our group that for any further away games to just expect delays, security etc and get to the ground 1.15 hours before kick off and go directly to our seats. It's not ideal but to be fair to Gary who was at the gates there's nothing he could do to change what happened.

It was ridiculous that they made everyone walk around the football pitch instead
of opening the gates and allowing the q to move from that direction.

Edited by irelandshirts - 23 Nov 2023 at 4:20pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Pgc1916 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pgc1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 3:32pm
I would like to second that comment about Gary being helpful. One volunteer shouldn't be expected to be responsible for helping 2,400 fans get into any ground.
Typical FAI, they are never to be seen when they should be. Even if the home association is responsible for the venue, we got the tickets from the FAI so they should have some presence to assist fans especially as this is becoming an ongoing problem for fans 

Edited by Pgc1916 - 23 Nov 2023 at 3:33pm
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 1:40pm

I'd like to take the opportunity to commend Gary publicly for his assistance in helping me get in. The steward was being touchy after a pal was giving him the Shakira hips during the search and didn't see the funny side.

Anyway, when things looked like going south Gary stepped in to ensure that was the end of it.

I've had issues this year, particularly with the crush in Greece and my two year old caught up in it, but credit where it's due. He's giving his own time voluntarily and imo is not being backed up at Association level.

Something has definitely changed in terms of getting in to grounds, which has never been an issue before.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 41>
  Share Topic