FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI and FIFA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 11:31pm
Fingers, rumour has it John Delaney is reworking his CV right this moment.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

With the head of the Danish FA having said today that the Nordic nations have discussed in recent months, he also made reference to the fact that Infantino is claiming 207 out of 211 nations have pledged support to him for re-election (Denmark confirmed they were one of the other 4). 
Now, I don't know for certain but given the numbers involved there is a fair chance that the FAI have pledged their support to him. How is that decision come to? Is there any recourse under the new structures in place for transparency on how these decisions are come to?

Excuse the ignorance but if he’s running unopposed what exactly would be the point in saying you’re against him. I understand it’d be good political statement but it’s still meaningless until there’s someone running to challenge him. Or am I incorrect? 

I could be wrong on this but I don't believe another candidate is precluded from going forward at this stage. With only 4 votes seemingly available it might seem futile though.

Surely there’s someone out there, presumably in Europe looking to make a name for themselves by taking a stand, even if he is well beaten in the vote 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 2:25pm
Correction, I've just seen that the nominations closed last week. I think the point would still stand though about it being futile coming forward given the levels of pledged support.

Edited by Borussia - 23 Nov 2022 at 2:26pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

With the head of the Danish FA having said today that the Nordic nations have discussed in recent months, he also made reference to the fact that Infantino is claiming 207 out of 211 nations have pledged support to him for re-election (Denmark confirmed they were one of the other 4). 
Now, I don't know for certain but given the numbers involved there is a fair chance that the FAI have pledged their support to him. How is that decision come to? Is there any recourse under the new structures in place for transparency on how these decisions are come to?

Excuse the ignorance but if he’s running unopposed what exactly would be the point in saying you’re against him. I understand it’d be good political statement but it’s still meaningless until there’s someone running to challenge him. Or am I incorrect? 

I could be wrong on this but I don't believe another candidate is precluded from going forward at this stage. With only 4 votes seemingly available it might seem futile though.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 2:23pm

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 2:03pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic