You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Ireland Manager - Criteria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>
Poll Question: Which category below will the new manager likely come from?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [7.50%]
67 [55.83%]
2 [1.67%]
42 [35.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Chris Wilder could be worth a punt. He might fancy a change of scenery

His stock has definitely fallen after Boro that a part time gig with Ireland to get better club offers could be a possibility.
Sponsored Links

Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 10:15am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Could Joe Biden be tempted? 
Someone in the other thread said Kenny is on more money than him. 

Clap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

For me it's plain and simple, after the world cup offer Anthony Barry what ever he wants to become the Irish manager, even if that means he can keep his coaching role with Chelsea. 
Our best results under kenny came when Barry was actually running the show.
Anthony had us playing the best football and getting results since Mccarthys first tenure. 
He is the football brain we need to get the best out of our young crop. 

Hill should be speaking to him and see if he's interested in it.

Mate of mine did the UEFA license with Carsley - and he said he's never take it. He's content just working away in the background etc...
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 11:03am
Carsley has often said how he prefers working with underage teams and helping to develop players rather than senior management. He's got the perfect gig doing England's U21s and working with top talent coming through while doing it on his door step.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 11:14am
Give it to Giggseh
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 11:25am
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Give it to Giggseh

Til end of season?
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 12:29pm
Joey Lapira with Ali Dia as his assistant. They couldn't be any worse than Stephen Kenny. I am sure they could muster a 26% winning rate from 30 matches. All they have to do is beat the likes of Malta and Andorra in friendlies, be allowed lose to the likes of Luxembourg and Armenia with no repercussions and have us out of qualifying after 3 matches or so capping a few young lads in between. That's how low the bar has now been set for any new coach.

Edited by grannyrule - 21 Nov 2022 at 12:36pm
The only way is up
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 1:31pm
Huge % want an up and coming coach with an Irish connection (e.g. Stephen Bradley), which is exactly what Kenny was when hired, and the same people want Kenny out LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Huge % want an up and coming coach with an Irish connection (e.g. Stephen Bradley), which is exactly what Kenny was when hired, and the same people want Kenny out LOL

I knew this would he the outcome 😂
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 1:37pm

Who is the 'huge' percentage?

There should never be a LOI manager in the job again, unless in 20 years on the back of reform it has improved beyond league 2/conference level, any of them would be miles out of their depth. 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I knew this would he the outcome 😂

Edited by E2016 - 21 Nov 2022 at 1:49pm
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 2:22pm
anyone but fúcking Hughton. We can aim higher than that and appointing him would prove the limited football knowledge of those in charge
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 2:40pm
Ideally I’d like someone who plays an outdated style of football, has managed small to medium sized clubs in England and has absolutely no clue whatsoever about our domestic league or won a trophy in management.

As an added bonus, I’d prefer someone to prioritize players who have 3 senior club appearances over players with 60+ international caps. Someone who won’t play players over 30 years of age.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Ideally I’d like someone who plays an outdated style of football, has managed small to medium sized clubs in England and has absolutely no clue whatsoever about our domestic league or won a trophy in management.

As an added bonus, I’d prefer someone to prioritize players who have 3 senior club appearances over players with 60+ international caps. Someone who won’t play players over 30 years of age.

Clap
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Could Joe Biden be tempted? 
Someone in the other thread said Kenny is on more money than him. 

LOLLOLLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Your first paragraph sounds like Jack Charlton's biography. I would rather win nothing in a half decent league than win a trophy in a Mickey Mouse one! 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Who is the 'huge' percentage?

There should never be a LOI manager in the job again, unless in 20 years on the back of reform it has improved beyond league 2/conference level, any of them would be miles out of their depth. 

61% of the poll is a huge % LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 5:18pm
Mark kennedy would probably be best placed to fill that criteria I seen somewhere recently he was the most successful irish coach throughout the leagues not sure if that's true.. Goodwin would be my preferred  choice that's if he was interested init 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>
  Share Topic