You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stephen Kenny post November Friendlies 2022 poll
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny post November Friendlies 2022 poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Poll Question: Should Stephen Kenny be retained as Ireland manager?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
72 [44.72%]
89 [55.28%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:21pm
I've voted sack. As an Englishman we had the same problem with keegan.  Lots of passion but no tactical nouse.  Like Ireland now England just didn't have the players under keegan. Yes we had guys like Scholes Beckham shearer Owen Gerrard etc but also alot of substandard players 

Edited by Englishborn - 21 Nov 2022 at 8:23am
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Players didn't look too bothered during the game. Definitely felt like one of those "lost the dressing room" type performances.

The FAI need to consult with some of the senior players, and if that is the case, then he has to go.

That's a good point. Do the players even believe in him any longer? You wouldn't put any money on it.

The senior players are the very ones that should be shown the door, absolutely phoning it in, their level of disinterest in playing for their country and their sub par level of performances lately is disgraceful. They're playing their part in Kenny getting sacked and they'll do the same with the next manager if they continue to pick them.

Its the younger lads that hes brought through from the u21s and from the fringes that are the ones buying into him and performing for him. The Bazunus, Kellehers, Knights, Molumbys, Collins, O'Sheas, Obafemi's, Parrotts, Ogbenes etc.. are the ones at least trying a leg.

The Hourihanes, Hendricks, Bradys just dont give a f**k anymore. They take it for granted they're still involved because of what they done in the past and the manager is blindly keeping the faith with them and rewarding them.

He ditched McCarthy, Arter, Randolph, Long, Brady (for a period) its time to do the same with these spoofers because they're the ones that will get him the sack.
Got to be hard to motivate yourself to play for that absolute spoofer. We're talking about lads who have played at high levels under serious managers during their careers and they have to turn up and take instructions from Kenny.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

I've voted sack. As an Englishman we had the same problem with keegan.  Lots of passion but no tactical nouse.  Like Ireland now England just didn't have the players under keegan. Yes we guys like Scholes Beckham shearer Owen Gerrard etc but also alot of substandard players 

The Englishman had spoken! Close the poll.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Got to be hard to motivate yourself to play for that absolute spoofer. We're talking about lads who have played at high levels under serious managers during their careers and they have to turn up and take instructions from Kenny.

Don't know why it has to get nasty. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:27pm

I've voted sack. As an Englishman we had the same problem with keegan.  Lots of passion but no tactical nouse.  Like Ireland now England just didn't have the players under keegan. Yes we guys like Scholes Beckham shearer Owen Gerrard etc but also alot of substandard players 

Bit like us with Hendrick, Brady, Hourihane, Robinson & McClean then.
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:29pm
Torn on this. I don't see any manager in the world getting us out of the group. I'll not pretend to know what the players think about Kenny but I don't see a lot of improvement. I do think the Scotland game at home was the most positive I've felt. I liked the combo of Molumby and Knight with Cullen and felt that give us an identity. We haven't had that trio since Ukraine from memory so I'm holding fire. We have such a technically poor squad and have done for years. There is a dire need for improvement at under age level.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Bit like us with Hendrick, Brady, Hourihane, Robinson & McClean then.

Bah not the likes of Scholes and Gerrard aren't fit to tie Jamie McGrath's boots.... LOL
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:35pm
Should have happened long ago. I don't even blame Kenny cultist types. I'm more inclined to blame the Off the Ball and football journalist groupthink, all of whom have just pushed propaganda for the manager that the fans bought into.

Of course it would have been nice if an Irish manager, that came through the LOI and built his career here and actually lives here had succeeded. I'm sure that's the main reason he had any support at all and still does. Whereas an English manager or even MON type manager would have been hounded out long ago. 

O'Neill even stated this during the week. The difference he has been treated is very obvious to Kenny. 
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Given half our team is English not sure your comment adds up. At least that poster is giving his honest assessment.
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

ah would ye come of it.

malta were no mugs, we didnt have a full strength squad, we were away and playing in bad conditions. to come away with the win no matter how narrow is what i would have expected and is what we got.
This reads like parody or a wind up. But this is the Kenny cult mindset at play. 

Malta were no mugs! Lol. And we played a very strong side . And we played away, is that really an excuse?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:41pm
Make no mistake.  That game was really a draw.  We only won due to a gift.  If we played there until midnight we weren't scoring.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:41pm
Really? Another referendum because of couple of friendlies?

He gets the Euros, end of.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

The senior players are the very ones that should be shown the door, absolutely phoning it in, their level of disinterest in playing for their country and their sub par level of performances lately is disgraceful. They're playing their part in Kenny getting sacked and they'll do the same with the next manager if they continue to pick them.

Its the younger lads that hes brought through from the u21s and from the fringes that are the ones buying into him and performing for him. The Bazunus, Kellehers, Knights, Molumbys, Collins, O'Sheas, Obafemi's, Parrotts, Ogbenes etc.. are the ones at least trying a leg.

The Hourihanes, Hendricks, Bradys just dont give a f**k anymore. They take it for granted they're still involved because of what they done in the past and the manager is blindly keeping the faith with them and rewarding them.

He ditched McCarthy, Arter, Randolph, Long, Brady (for a period) its time to do the same with these spoofers because they're the ones that will get him the sack.

Yes, I'd say he's more likely to have the allegiance of the young lads who received their debut caps in the last couple of years. Something doesn't seem right though - the team looks too cautious, almost nervous in the way it plays. Witness the amount of back passes we saw against Norway in the first half the other evening.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Don't know why it has to get nasty. 
I didn't even mean that to be nasty, it's just true. He's under qualified and not experienced in commanding respect from these players who earn mega money. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Given half our team is English not sure your comment adds up. At least that poster is giving his honest assessment.

Honest assessment?

There’s not a chance he watchesus play, unless he’s a masochist.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Give Seamus Coleman the job if we cant afford anyone.

Come on TJ. A team talk from Daniel o donnell is  the last thing we need.

Edited by King_Kenny - 20 Nov 2022 at 10:44pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:44pm

Make no mistake.  That game was really a draw.  We only won due to a gift.  If we played there until midnight we weren't scoring.

LOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:46pm

LOL

You and Kenny and the rest will burn yourselves in a big siege any day now
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic