You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stephen Kenny post November Friendlies 2022 poll
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny post November Friendlies 2022 poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Poll Question: Should Stephen Kenny be retained as Ireland manager?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
72 [44.72%]
89 [55.28%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Make no mistake.  That game was really a draw.  We only won due to a gift.  If we played there until midnight we weren't scoring.

LOL

You and Kenny and the rest will burn yourselves in a big siege any day now

Have a read over what you wrote above, embarrassing . 
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:49pm

Make no mistake.  That game was really a draw.  We only won due to a gift.  If we played there until midnight we weren't scoring.

LOL

Embarrassing for the country yes.  Pathetic performance and 100% bang on what I wrote..   I think the tanks are coming.  Get that petrol ready.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:49pm
That game tonight was so bad it was almost unbelievable.
https://www.orourkeda.blog

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:52pm
We missed a couple of great chances against Norway so to be fair that was really a win so I think Kenny needs to stay on because of that 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:52pm
What we have now is apathy among fans. And who would blame them given the World Cup is starting today and it's yet another tournament we are sat on the couch for.

Many Kenny fans have repeatedly stated they are no bothered by us not qualifying for tournament if we just make up the numbers. As if we had a choice. The only choice was qualifying or not at all.

Qualifying for tournaments is more than just money it is vital for the success of the national team and even the FAI. The lowering of expectations is brutal. Every tournament we fail to qualify for is a failure and damaging. The damage now over repeated failure is massive.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:52pm

LOL

Embarrassing for the country yes.  Pathetic performance and 100% bang on what I wrote..   I think the tanks are coming.  Get that petrol ready.

“That game was really a draw” LOL

Never change TJ.
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

What we have now is apathy among fans. And who would blame them given the World Cup is starting today and it's yet another tournament we are sat on the couch for.

Many Kenny fans have repeatedly stated they are no bothered by us not qualifying for tournament if we just make up the numbers. As if we had a choice. The only choice was qualifying or not at all.

Qualifying for tournaments is more than just money it is vital for the success of the national team and even the FAI. The lowering of expectations is brutal. Every tournament we fail to qualify for is a failure and damaging. The damage now over repeated failure is massive.

41000 fans at a friendly in November is a funny kind of apathy…
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:55pm
We have to lower ourselves to friendlies against Malta and Norway as these are the only teams we can compete against. And even then we lose or underperform.

Soon we may need to have friendlies versus San Marino and Andorra to get a win. I would not be shocked if Gibraltar beat us next year. They have come close before.

Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

41000 fans at a friendly in November is a funny kind of apathy…

Fair play to them they are keeping Kenny in the job. Although most hardly gave a toss and drank pints on the concourse half the match. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:57pm

LOL

“That game was really a draw” LOL

Never change TJ.

Survivors of 1993 Waco siege describe what happened in fire that ended the  51-day standoff - ABC News

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:59pm

We have to lower ourselves to friendlies against Malta and Norway as these are the only teams we can compete against. And even then we lose or underperform.

Soon we may need to have friendlies versus San Marino and Andorra to get a win. I would not be shocked if Gibraltar beat us next year. They have come close before.

Fairly sure we've already done exactly that. And almost managed to bollocks it up.
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:03pm
I mostly blame the journalists who have carried water for the current regime. Like most Irish "journalists" they just follow the groupthink and are incapable of doing their jobs. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:08pm
As I said earlier, treat it like a competitive match and you create a rod for your own back. He’s done exactly that. Tonight was a poor end, to a poor year that would suggest the progress is generally minimal, and that we are not in the sort of space we need to be, after two years.

Now, there is a point to be made that most of the players haven’t even come close to making the strides necessary to give us a solid international team. Alongside the fact that many of the senior players he inherited are regressing at an alarming rate. Bazunu and Collins have done well, but not to the level we would like. Obafemi is beginning to look no less ‘streaky’ than Hogan. Parrott is still bouncing around on various loan deals. Omibamidele and Idah (and Kelleher) have had serious injury woes. And Jason Knight is stuck in a lower league, and has lost out to a player that most fans want to move on from at Club Level.

But that being said, the football is now becoming unwatchable along with the results declining. Essentially, we are worse off than 2020. The sad thing is, I don’t know how we could possibly improve on a short space of time, nor do I think anything but a spot on match makes sense for a change in management.

Having said that, the performance tonight wasn’t good enough and the subs whiffed of holding on for the result. It’s a nothing victory and raises more questions than answers.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:08pm

I mostly blame the journalists who have carried water for the current regime. Like most Irish "journalists" they just follow the groupthink and are incapable of doing their jobs. 

Will you be putting away your Chelsea top tomorrow for a few hours to shout obscenities at Eng during the game?
I love beer gardens
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:09pm

Calm down Ewan 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

No difference from the last 2 games and the likes of oneills performances in Georgia. Something isnt right put cant blame it all on Kenny, give him the next campaign and see where we are. 

Go away to F!!!

That Georgia game under Oneill was part of campaign that got us 2nd in the group and to a play off having reached the euros last 16

Kenny isn't fit to wash MONs windows

This isnt about mon vs kenny, more of a comment about lack lustre performances that i thought we had seen the back off, i dunno whats being going on but I've lost a bit of belief, obviously we dont have world beating players but the last 2 games have looked completely rudderless and devoid of anything constructive

Edited by armahibee - 20 Nov 2022 at 11:11pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:15pm
Lets be honest.  Kenny is the worst manager we've ever had.   Certainly since Mick Meagan

Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Will you be putting away your Chelsea top tomorrow for a few hours to shout obscenities at Eng during the game?
Not a Chelsea fan. But I suppose if you want to exclude fans of English teams, English players, English coaches we would have no support or players left.

Only a few hundred LOI die hards that think Stephen Kenny is Pep Guardiola. It's sad the thinly veiled xenophobia that come out from the Kennyites.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic