You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stephen Kenny post November Friendlies 2022 poll
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny post November Friendlies 2022 poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Poll Question: Should Stephen Kenny be retained as Ireland manager?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
72 [44.72%]
89 [55.28%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

'Norway showed us alot of am ah respect and am shows that we are a am ah possession based team now'

Kin el
Kenny would do everyone a favour by refusing to do any more TV interviews. And what a spineless cowardly interviewer! 
Yes. not good. What the feck has a mid block in the norway game got to do with tonight?
Sponsored Links

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:40pm
ah would ye come of it.

malta were no mugs, we didnt have a full strength squad, we were away and playing in bad conditions. to come away with the win no matter how narrow is what i would have expected and is what we got.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:41pm
Have backed Kenny, but it's hard to have any faith in him now. Much too conservative and stills seems to believe we can play a system we're clearly not capable of.

The last poll had reasons/arguments to stick with Kenny. Not really seeing any valid reasons to keep him now and would be genuinely interested in hearing any.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Have backed Kenny, but it's hard to have any faith in him now. Much too conservative and stills seems to believe we can play a system we're clearly not capable of.

The last poll had reasons/arguments to stick with Kenny. Not really seeing any valid reasons to keep him now and would be genuinely interested in hearing any.

The only plausible one is the group ahead is so potentially catastrophic you may as well let him in charge for the inevitable 

I don't subscribe to this view. I want rid.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:49pm

The only plausible one is the group ahead is so potentially catastrophic you may as well let him in charge for the inevitable 

Why would a new manager take over now? No prep time and team all over the gaff. A group we'd struggle to get out of on a good day. A hiding to nothing. He'll be gone in June. There's ZERO chance the FAI are going to just give him the Euros if performances like that continue. That's toxic stuff. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

ah would ye come of it.

malta were no mugs, we didnt have a full strength squad, we were away and playing in bad conditions. to come away with the win no matter how narrow is what i would have expected and is what we got.

I'd say Kenny could lose a million games and you'd stick by him judging by those deluded comments.  The ''bad conditions''??ConfusedConfusedConfused

Malta are pigspunk.  We had virtually our full strength team on the pitch bar maybe Obafemi. 

Its a sad indictment of the Kenny era that these mickey mouse excuses are being trotted out by the Branch Kannyians

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Why would a new manager take over now? No prep time and team all over the gaff. A group we'd struggle to get out of on a good day. A hiding to nothing. He'll be gone in June. There's ZERO chance the FAI are going to just give him the Euros if performances like that continue. That's toxic stuff. 

Which really confirms that his 'rebuild' is just tosh to explain bad results.

There has been zero rebuild. 

In building terms, he has 'built' a piss stained sleeping bag

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:52pm
No - every sign the team is going backwards under him. We've played four matches this autumn and have looked poor in all of them (apart from the opening 45 minutes against Scotland).

That does not look like a team that is capable of improving under SK.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:54pm
Players didn't look too bothered during the game. Definitely felt like one of those "lost the dressing room" type performances.

The FAI need to consult with some of the senior players, and if that is the case, then he has to go.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:55pm
It's a hard no for me

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Players didn't look too bothered during the game. Definitely felt like one of those "lost the dressing room" type performances.

The FAI need to consult with some of the senior players, and if that is the case, then he has to go.

That's a good point. Do the players even believe in him any longer? You wouldn't put any money on it.
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:05pm

I agree I do hope there are some conversations between FAI and senior players.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:07pm
Rumours that the FAI have called an emergency meeting with League of Ireland supporters to consult on the future of the Irish manager. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Rumours that the FAI have called an emergency meeting with League of Ireland supporters to consult on the future of the Irish manager. 

Fook i thought that was a scam call Confused
I love beer gardens
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:10pm
Am one of the significant number who has moved from supporting SK. 

Love what he has tried to do but think we are now going backwards. For me, not having a coach in to replace AB and JH is probably the cause of our difficulties. The fact that we are so reliant on a coach is also problematic. 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Fook i thought that was a scam call Confused

LOL
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

[QUOTE=Terzino]Players didn't look too bothered during the game. Definitely felt like one of those "lost the dressing room" type performances.

I agree I do hope there are some conversations between FAI and senior players.
[/QUOTE
if the senior players sack him. He has only himself to blame. The majority should have been chased a couple of year’s ago.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

That's a good point. Do the players even believe in him any longer? You wouldn't put any money on it.

The senior players are the very ones that should be shown the door, absolutely phoning it in, their level of disinterest in playing for their country and their sub par level of performances lately is disgraceful. They're playing their part in Kenny getting sacked and they'll do the same with the next manager if they continue to pick them.

Its the younger lads that hes brought through from the u21s and from the fringes that are the ones buying into him and performing for him. The Bazunus, Kellehers, Knights, Molumbys, Collins, O'Sheas, Obafemi's, Parrotts, Ogbenes etc.. are the ones at least trying a leg.

The Hourihanes, Hendricks, Bradys just dont give a f**k anymore. They take it for granted they're still involved because of what they done in the past and the manager is blindly keeping the faith with them and rewarding them.

He ditched McCarthy, Arter, Randolph, Long, Brady (for a period) its time to do the same with these spoofers because they're the ones that will get him the sack.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic