You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kerry FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

They've made some odd signings. The lad Guthrie who signed as a keeper, I don't think was ever playing football. Straight from the GAA field.

Kalen Spillane signed yesterday and hasn't played to a decent level in quite some time. Likewise Sean Kennedy, I don't think he's kicked a ball in two years.

I heard one ex Ram is due to sign and he hasn't been registered with a team for a good 5-6 years i'd say LOL

TBF, Guthrie was one of the few players with Dynamos in the A Championship who's still young enough to play now. Kennedy just took one year out to go to college, but yeah, Spillane seems to have been signed solely because Billy played with him at Turners Cross.
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by CullotyP CullotyP wrote:

They've made some odd signings. The lad Guthrie who signed as a keeper, I don't think was ever playing football. Straight from the GAA field.

Kalen Spillane signed yesterday and hasn't played to a decent level in quite some time. Likewise Sean Kennedy, I don't think he's kicked a ball in two years.

I heard one ex Ram is due to sign and he hasn't been registered with a team for a good 5-6 years i'd say LOL

TBF, Guthrie was one of the few players with Dynamos in the A Championship who's still young enough to play now. Kennedy just took one year out to go to college, but yeah, Spillane seems to have been signed solely because Billy played with him at Turners Cross.
Was he a keeper then too? He was plying midfield with Austin Stacks up to two years ago.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 12:52pm
Just realised they're gonna make a class save on FM24 Clap
CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 1:22pm

Was he a keeper then too? He was plying midfield with Austin Stacks up to two years ago.

Yes, he was always a goalie when he played soccer, which made it natural for him to move back in Gaelic. Could yet see Shane Ryan switch codes when he hangs up the gloves, as he played Kennedy Cup in his time!

Surprising the match tickets for Cobh haven't gone on general sale yet, I'd have expected that a fortnight beforehand, particularly for a season opener?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 2:21pm
Are they playing any friendlies?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 7:53pm
The only ones I've heard of were behind closed doors games against Killarney Athletic (W 3-2) and Tralee Dynamos (W 4-0). Tonight's signing, Mark Carey, sounds more promising than either your rumoured Ram or Spillane, as he was a regular starter for Cork's U19s in the first half of last season, but presumably then got injured.
CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 7:13pm
A good sign for the level of interest is the first batch of match day tickets put on general sale for the Cobh match selling out within 2 hours, hopefully it'll  be maintained if/when times get tougher in mid-summer!
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 8:50pm
Great stuff 
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 8:53pm

A good sign for the level of interest is the first batch of match day tickets put on general sale for the Cobh match selling out within 2 hours, hopefully it'll  be maintained if/when times get tougher in mid-summer!

What a full house down there? 1000?
I love beer gardens
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 9:15pm
The slightly different shade of green between the shorts & jersey would do my head in 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

What a full house down there? 1000?

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 8:06am

Any news on the amount of season ticket sales?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 8:29am

Great to hear! Cabo did the same and flamed out very quick, hoping it's not the same here but think they'd be better placed given lack of competition from other clubs and a strong identity 
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 9:27am
I wouldn't read too much into the sales, it was only the terrace tickets that were on sale and the majority of the season tickets were in there so very limited amount too.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 1:02pm
Kerry having a big open evening on Sunday maybe that will generate tickets sales further?
CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Any news on the amount of season ticket sales?

Nothing confirmed yet (particularly for the terrace), but over 300 stand seats greyed out on the Kerry website. Of course, how many were taken up by sponsors, rather than supporters, remains to be seen, but the club will get the revenue, whatever about bums on seats. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 5:07pm

Kerry having a big open evening on Sunday maybe that will generate tickets sales further?
Saw that, bit odd to do it before they've kicked a ball IMO, who wants to get a photo/autograph of some lad they've never seen on a pitch before. I can understand it after a year or 6 months when they've some players who become minor local celebrities
CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Saw that, bit odd to do it before they've kicked a ball IMO, who wants to get a photo/autograph of some lad they've never seen on a pitch before. I can understand it after a year or 6 months when they've some players who become minor local celebrities

More a community outreach thing than anything else. The Gaxha signing is interesting in that players will have an outlet to return to if/when things don't work out in England, the next step in the ladder in future seasons will be ones like Shane McLoughlin, who have made EFL appearances, but find themselves in the wilderness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
  Share Topic