Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kerry FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 5:56pm
Some amount of action on this thread LOL
Sponsored Links

CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Well Ramblers were given a link to access the terrace for the away tickets so would have advertised such, so plenty would have known. 

But it should have been spotted by the Kerry officials and they should have acted on it. To just watch it happen and sit back and do nothing is pathetic.

I may be wrong but the only section I saw for sale on the site was the terrace behind the goals. The away section was never available through the Kerry site as far as I know
And as I said, Ramblers in order to sell their allocation would have advertised the away tickets through their own pages and clearly the Kerry people accessed it through there.

Look don't get me wrong, if I was in the same situation, i'd have done the same myself, but the issue here is Kerry washing their hands of it and being unwilling to cancel the tickets or release the 30 or 40 more to accommodate those who had booked the bus.

Agree with you, that's totally inexcusable if true - all I know is that the link provided by Kerry was for the terrace, so people who got in at the right time could only control the number of tickets they wanted.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Great to see a new addition to the LOI have its very own version of DoubleMaximLOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 3:54am
A ticketing scandal was not the sort of drama I'd have guessed for the first weekend of the season.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Great to see a new addition to the LOI have its very own version of DoubleMaximLOL

Ha ha you rascal.

Big smileBig smileBig smile
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 8:50am
Good piece.

My goal and Billy’s goal and all of our goal is to make sure it doesn’t happen to Kerry, we don’t want to be a fly-by-night that is begging for help in three years’ time....

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 12:46am
Yup the RamsClapApprove
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 8:07am

Yup the RamsClapApprove

How'd you get on at Mounthawk Sham?

Thought it was a good game, Ramblers the better team for whole game aside from the 20 minutes before the second. Don't know how the ref can only give a yellow for the free for the second goal.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 10:49am

I thought there was a good buzz around Tralee. I watched it in a pub and everyone was glued to the game. Good early signs.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 3:03pm
Not the ideal result, of course, but a number of positives to be taken from the game for Kerry - fitness-wise, they were up to the pace of the game, and there was no individual you could particularly single out as looking out of their depth at senior level. What most told against them was the lack of friendlies, in that it was well into the first half before they posed any threat going forward, and after the second goal, Cobh were able to manage the game to its conclusion. Still, there was enough potential in the 20-minute spell after half-time, particularly from Gaxha, O'Reilly and Teahan, to suggest that they're capable of holding their own in the division once they fully gel as a unit.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Yup the RamsClapApprove

How'd you get on at Mounthawk Sham?

Thought it was a good game, Ramblers the better team for whole game aside from the 20 minutes before the second. Don't know how the ref can only give a yellow for the free for the second goal.

I enjoyed it. Credit where its due, kerry made it a great occasion. They will trouble a lot of teams down there especially with that wind whipping around.
Major downside is everything being up the one end, a very hard place to watch a match when the place is full. 

The ref not sending the keeper off was baffling. Its a deliberate handball outside the box, it's a red all day. 
Kerry also denied a blatant peno second half for handball. 

I thought the ref had a desperate game. Like there were 4 head injuries by my count in the game and the ref never stopped the game once, when the game came to a natural stop then he showed no urgency or care whatsoever towards the players, both kerry and rams.
One awful incident early on when a Ramblers player and Kerry player clashed on the end line and the Ramblers player went into the pitch side wall and the ref didn't even react and showed zero concern for a player clearly in distress. 

Also managed to book a Kerry player and give the free to Kerry for the very same incident. Confused

He lost control of the game early on when a few heavy challenges went in and never recovered. 

Edited by ShamtheRam - 18 Feb 2023 at 4:18pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 5:15pm
Clap Glad to hear it. Would be great to have another stand alright, but its in the distance at the moment.

CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 1:42pm
Treaty tickets were released today and a full house announced by lunchtime, so fans seem happy to keep the faith and watch the squad develop, which would be unremarkable elsewhere, but there was a worry that the Cobh attendance might have been a one-off.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 2:19pm
Be interesting to see if they bring many away fans to Bray tomorrow, can't imagine there being more than a couple of dozen.
CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Be interesting to see if they bring many away fans to Bray tomorrow, can't imagine there being more than a couple of dozen.

Certainly not many travelling up, you'd expect, but maybe some Dublin-based Kerry folk, when Bray is on the DART.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 9:05pm
Kerry fans only travel on All Ireland final days. Everyone knows that like
I love beer gardens
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 9:34pm
I’d say there’d be a few living in Wicklow/ Dublin alright.
Harps Sligo and Galway always had a crowd living locally when they’d play in Dublin.Cork also.
No Pasaran!
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Kerry fans only travel on All Ireland final days. Everyone knows that like

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Long trip for some aswell. 

Works both ways Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
  Share Topic