You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Cannon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 55>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 10:34am
With Sean Dyche as manager he'll probably end up being back up to Ashley Barnes next season.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 5:51pm
Interesting to see Kenny at Deepdale today.
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 12:45pm
Didn’t show up for the training camp - missed out through illness 👀
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Didn’t show up for the training camp - missed out through illness 👀
It was hardly that he was going to earn a cap while in Bristol so I cant see what was to achive by not showing up. Apparently he has severe tonsilitis.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 26 May 2023 at 12:55pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 2:41pm
If it is tonsillitis, he should be back to full health well in good time for the Greece squad meet-up.

Which plainly he should be in on merit (i.e.: being current form and his obvious ability).
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

If it is tonsillitis, he should be back to full health well in good time for the Greece squad meet-up.

Which plainly he should be in on merit (i.e.: being current form and his obvious ability).

I think we will know where we stand on this one quite soon.

Tonsillitis shouldn't keep him out of the Greece game which is three weeks today.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 4:01pm
Probably be playing with the U21s next month. Don't see Kenny calling him up after missing the camp.

Edited by J89 - 26 May 2023 at 4:02pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 4:49pm
It would be fairly ridiculous not to call him up given the form he has been in - especially if he is going to call up Parrott who he has been miles ahead of at club level. There is another camp in Turkey before the games so still plenty of time to integrate him before the qualifiers.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 5:49pm
There is no way tonsillitis would rule a player out of the camp. That should clear up in a few days.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

I think we will know where we stand on this one quite soon.

Tonsillitis shouldn't keep him out of the Greece game which is three weeks today.

I dont think he'll be named in the squad regardless, assuming both Ferguson and Idah are fit and I dont think we'll be able to draw a conclusion one way or another even if that is the case.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 10:34am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

There is no way tonsillitis would rule a player out of the camp. That should clear up in a few days.

It's a 4 day camp, of course a bout of tonsilitis would rule you out.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 10:39am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Probably be playing with the U21s next month. Don't see Kenny calling him up after missing the camp.

Agreed, he's the first choice for the U21's and I think he'll stay there barring injury to Ferguson/Idah (he would be the obvious replacement for either). Those two are the first choice #9's.

Kenny will not drop Idah (nor should he). Parrott has a different role in the squad, I could see an argument for Cannon replacing him if Cannon was a different type of forward, but he's not, he's an out and out #9.
Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:40am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Agreed, he's the first choice for the U21's and I think he'll stay there barring injury to Ferguson/Idah (he would be the obvious replacement for either). Those two are the first choice #9's.

Kenny will not drop Idah (nor should he). Parrott has a different role in the squad, I could see an argument for Cannon replacing him if Cannon was a different type of forward, but he's not, he's an out and out #9.

Did you not agree with Idah, Obafemi, Parrot etc getting called up to the squad then? By your reasoning it would be quite inconsistent if so as Cannon has arguably done more to deserve a a crack at the senior squad than the above mentioned at thier time of a call up.

I have no problem with any of the above in the squad but I really don't get how anyone would argue him being in the squad even at the expense of one of current strikers bar Ferguson.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Did you not agree with Idah, Obafemi, Parrot etc getting called up to the squad then? By your reasoning it would be quite inconsistent if so as Cannon has arguably done more to deserve a a crack at the senior squad than the above mentioned at thier time of a call up.

I have no problem with any of the above in the squad but I really don't get how anyone would argue him being in the squad even at the expense of one of current strikers bar Ferguson.

Also wouldn't agree that he's competing for a spot with Ferguson and Idah. Think if anything he'd partner one of them in a front two if he was picked to start.

Would have it Ferguson and Obafemi as the likely starting pair. Idah as back up to Ferguson and Cannon as back up to Obafemi. Ogbene obviously in there too but might be doubts over his fitness.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:55am

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Also wouldn't agree that he's competing for a spot with Ferguson and Idah. Think if anything he'd partner one of them in a front two if he was picked to start.

Would have it Ferguson and Obafemi as the likely starting pair. Idah as back up to Ferguson and Cannon as back up to Obafemi. Ogbene obviously in there too but might be doubts over his fitness.

Dont see that at all tbh - Cannon is competing with Ferguson and Idah - he is the main central target striker, he is not a support striker. No way Ireland start with a front two of Ferguson/Idah and Cannon imo. Its Ferguson/Idah/Cannon with Obafemi/Ogbene/Parrott. I have no problem if Cannon is called up, he should be in ahead of Keane and Parrott at a minimum, but I'd prefer to see him starting games at U21 level rather than being a squad filler at senior level.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 12:40pm
I don't think that's the case at all, Cannon can easily play as a foil to Ferguson, there's no way it's a case of Cannon can't play whenever Ferguson is picked.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I don't think that's the case at all, Cannon can easily play as a foil to Ferguson, there's no way it's a case of Cannon can't play whenever Ferguson is picked.

Agreed, both Ferguson and Idah can play as a 9 or 10 in a two man pairing up front. At their respective clubs they've at times played both roles and at times switching roles when playing with Welbeck and Pukki. Cannon can easily play in a front two with either player.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 2:12pm
Is this the first little hint that Cannon will abscond to them across the water in the hope one day he may be good un oeuf.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 55>
  Share Topic