You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U21s - 2025 Campaign

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 67>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Any word on Danny Rose, goalkeeper? Not been in any squads lately
He's off playing college football in the US now, I'd say he's played his last game in an Ireland jersey.
Sponsored Links

Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Any word on Danny Rose, goalkeeper? Not been in any squads lately
He's off playing college football in the US now, I'd say he's played his last game in an Ireland jersey.

Yip, saw that and edited my post, thanks anyway
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Not a very strong squad in my view.
I am really not that interested in watching the under 21's tbh
I don;t think I am gonna learn anything new about the players and/because the football is muck.
I mean who the f**k watched that and thought... def new contract.

Who is even making that decision now? a group of f**king ex civil servants?

Entitled to your opinion but I'd actually think the opposite, the last few years watching the u21s has been very enjoyable and the amount of lads who have gone from 21s to seniors is impressive. Molumby, Parrott, Cullen, Knight, Connolly, Idah, Ferguson, O'Shea, Collins, Omobamidele, Kelleher, Bazunu, Smallbone, Obafemi all lads we have seen play well for the 21s in recent years and now involved with the senior team. I have found it very enjoyable watching them.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

I don;t think I am gonna learn anything new about the players and/because the football is muck.

Entitled to your opinion but I'd actually think the opposite, the last few years watching the u21s has been very enjoyable and the amount of lads who have gone from 21s to seniors is impressive. Molumby, Parrott, Cullen, Knight, Connolly, Idah, Ferguson, O'Shea, Collins, Omobamidele, Kelleher, Bazunu, Smallbone, Obafemi all lads we have seen play well for the 21s in recent years and now involved with the senior team. I have found it very enjoyable watching them.
It was very enjoyable until Crawford took over. The football has been negative and tedious dinoball. Ferguson near on jumped through that age group and Crawford didn't get loads out of him for the talent he has. The rest were mostly brought through from Kennys time bar Smallbone. Azaz got very few minutes and looked easiky our best player. Was just negative as f**k.

15 17 19 are all a very good watch. 21's under Kenny a very good watch... Crawford is the only coach underage playing industrial football. He is from the Trapp O Neill side of the coaching spectrum.

That is my complaint. He should not have kept his job. If you watched the whole campaign you would say we were haunted to get a playoff but even then he had the players to take care of Israel but absolutely choked us tactically.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 6:52pm

It was very enjoyable until Crawford took over. The football has been negative and tedious dinoball. Ferguson near on jumped through that age group and Crawford didn't get loads out of him for the talent he has. The rest were mostly brought through from Kennys time bar Smallbone. Azaz got very few minutes and looked easiky our best player. Was just negative as f**k.

15 17 19 are all a very good watch. 21's under Kenny a very good watch... Crawford is the only coach underage playing industrial football. He is from the Trapp O Neill side of the coaching spectrum.

That is my complaint. He should not have kept his job. If you watched the whole campaign you would say we were haunted to get a playoff but even then he had the players to take care of Israel but absolutely choked us tactically.

Even though we got lucky I would give him praise for getting us through to the play offs as it was a tough enough group. 

That Israel effort away was nothing short of a disgrace. We didn’t try a yard to win the game bar a 10 minute period at the end of the 2nd half where Azaz and Smallbone got on the pitch together and could bounce off each other to an extent. 

He has had decent strikers at his disposal for the level and all bar Odubeko against Bosnia have looked woeful in every single game. 

I’m not optimistic with the Group we have and maybe Crawford will learn a lot from the experience but I have my doubts.

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Mar 2023 at 6:54pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Even though we got lucky I would give him praise for getting us through to the play offs as it was a tough enough group. 

That Israel effort away was nothing short of a disgrace. We didn’t try a yard to win the game bar a 10 minute period at the end of the 2nd half where Azaz and Smallbone got on the pitch together and could bounce off each other to an extent. 

He has had decent strikers at his disposal for the level and all bar Odubeko against Bosnia have looked woeful in every single game. 

I’m not optimistic with the Group we have and maybe Crawford will learn a lot from the experience but I have my doubts.

I find it very hard to give people credit when they got extremely lucky and still failed. The playoff spot was a reprieve and he didn;t learn a thing

He sticks out like a sore thumb. Look probably a decent man but he is not even close to what we need.
I know it is good to promote from within etc but jesus he is not up to standard at all.
And I think it is noticeable the sorts of players he picks too and doesn't fast track. 
This is a very important stage of dev and it bothers me this is what lads play just before the jump to seniors
We don't ever look like a cohesive unit going forward and it is easy to set up a defence in general if you plan to be negative.

Edited by Nialler - 15 Mar 2023 at 7:19pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 7:46pm
is Luca connell eligible?
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 7:48pm
Connell overage
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 10:24pm
Good squad, a bit light at CB and CM maybe, but plenty of talent too, looking forward to the game!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Doubt Ebosele will play as a winger when he's named with the defenders. Similar I think Lawal will play in midfield for these games and drop back to CB once other 03s if injured, 04s, and possibly 05s are available. Think the midfield trio this window will be Lawal, Hodge, and Philips.

Ed McJannet is the likely favourite to become the holding midfielder since I think he captained the U19s last season and while James McManus is an 05 player he looks like he'll become a regular starter for Bohs this season. Could see him fast tracked if he's playing regular senior football.

He could well play Lawal in a back 3. Then he can play Festy at RWB, Roughan at LCB and either Furlong or Adaramola at LWB.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 10:07am
Now Lawal could play in MF and switch to CB but the fact there's three LBs named and one of them plays CB too I don't think Lawal will be used as a CB this window.

Long term himself and MacNulty will likely be the CB partnership but this window is a perfect chance to look at some players playing in a different position.

If a back three is used still think it's O'Riordan, MacNulty, and Roughan with Lawal dropping back if changes are needed.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Lots to talk about here!

Cannon in.
Ebosele in.
Hodge in.

Anybody know much about Tiernan Brooks, apparently England want him, but he is staying with us. Squad very light in midfield and at RWB as predicted, but he has only named 20. A fair few talented attacking players missing out. Think we can make a very good starting XI, but we are light in depth in a number of positions! Will this friendly be on the box?
Idah Dream!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 11:25am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Lots to talk about here!

Cannon in.
Ebosele in.
Hodge in.

Anybody know much about Tiernan Brooks, apparently England want him, but he is staying with us. Squad very light in midfield and at RWB as predicted, but he has only named 20. A fair few talented attacking players missing out. Think we can make a very good starting XI, but we are light in depth in a number of positions! Will this friendly be on the box?

Starting some games for Notts County at the moment. Will be between him and Keeley for no. 1. Corcoran is a good shot stopper but his distribution is average and his command of his area is very poor.

Edited by The O'Shea - 18 Mar 2023 at 11:27am
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 11:37am
Big game for Furlong vs rangers at 1230 on Sky. Dan Casey playing too!
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 1:34pm
James McManus has started the season good for Bohs with some fans saying he's one of the first names on the team sheet now and only turned 18 two days ago.

Underage for the 19s again next season but can see him being fast tracked into the 21s if he's a starter for Bohs this season. Might even give Mohan something to think about with the 19s. There'll probably be a few teams showing interest in him this season now that he can move across to the UK.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 1:59pm
Are either of Noss or John Joe Finn under ages this year.

Both seemed to have gone off the radar lately
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Noss is overage now and rotting in the German 4th tier. John Joe Finn.. who knows where he's gone. Probably playing for Getafe B?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Noss is overage now and rotting in the German 4th tier. John Joe Finn.. who knows where he's gone. Probably playing for Getafe B?

Hasn't made a single B team squad this season going off transfermarkt and last appeared in a senior squad on October first. From transfermarkt he hasn't a single minute of competitive game time this season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 67>
  Share Topic