You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U21s - 2025 Campaign

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 67>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

A few others to consider, all 2003, all defenders
Leigh Kavanagh CB Brighton
Noah Watson CB Palace
Osa Solomon RB Forest

All 3 have been in and around ROI underage squads at some point. Solomon is also eligible for South Africa, but is a right back apparently.

Oh and Kian Leavy on loan to Shelbourne from Reading is 2002 

Ryan O'Kane 2003 Dundalk is a good wee player also, but there's loads ahead of him on the flanks

Also, I know Tom Hill (2002) of Liverpool (who is a midfielder but has played RB on occasion) was called up to an Irish training camp. Not sure on his fitness, he had a serious l/t injury a couple of years back, but if he is eligible and he gets fit, he would surely be in the reckoning.

Thumbs Up

Added in a few of those. F.Clarke looks like he played for Scotland's U21s in September, so I'll leave him out.

We'll have a better idea of the pecking order late next week. Will be interesting to see the first squad of the new campaign.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

A few others to consider, all 2003, all defenders
Leigh Kavanagh CB Brighton
Noah Watson CB Palace
Osa Solomon RB Forest

All 3 have been in and around ROI underage squads at some point. Solomon is also eligible for South Africa, but is a right back apparently.

Oh and Kian Leavy on loan to Shelbourne from Reading is 2002 

Ryan O'Kane 2003 Dundalk is a good wee player also, but there's loads ahead of him on the flanks

Also, I know Tom Hill (2002) of Liverpool (who is a midfielder but has played RB on occasion) was called up to an Irish training camp. Not sure on his fitness, he had a serious l/t injury a couple of years back, but if he is eligible and he gets fit, he would surely be in the reckoning.

Thumbs Up

Added in a few of those. F.Clarke looks like he played for Scotland's U21s in September, so I'll leave him out.

We'll have a better idea of the pecking order late next week. Will be interesting to see the first squad of the new campaign.
Cheers, yeah looking forward to squad announcement. A few good goals in loi last night, Leavy, Healy, O'Neill all on the scoresheet!
Idah Dream!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:33pm

Lots to talk about here!

Cannon in.
Ebosele in.
Hodge in.

SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:35pm
Defence is wierd. One RB, two CBs and 3 LBs from the looks of it. I think Lawal covers CB too but still bizarre.

Cannon should be in the seniors.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:36pm
assume keeley is first choice? corcoran is desperate, not an international keeper at all. might be in just for the game being on down here. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Defence is wierd. One RB, two CBs and 3 LBs from the looks of it. I think Lawal covers CB too but still bizarre.

Would expect Roughan to slot in as a LCB presuming we play with a back 3. Cashin an obvious omission not let go for the friendly or just injured? 

McNulty Cashin Roughan perhaps is what he would go?  

As for Cannon while not in the seniors I’m actually happy he’s selected shows he’s interested in playing for us hadn’t seen an actual indication. If he sticks with us he’s an asset.

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Mar 2023 at 12:42pm
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:40pm
Is Cashin overage?

Finn Benoa also not named in any of the squads, what's the story with him these days?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Would expect Roughan to slot in as a LCB presuming we play with a back 3. Cashin an obvious omission not let go for the friendly or just injured? 

McNulty Cashin Roughan perhaps is what he would go?  

As for Cannon while not in the seniors I’m actually happy he’s selected shows he’s interested in playing for us hadn’t seen an actual indication. If he sticks with us he’s an asset.

Correction Cashin is overage. Thought he was 2002 born. My bad.
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:43pm
Cashin is overage
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:50pm
Hopefully the 21s squad are used as a standbye list for the seniors in the case of any injuries.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:56pm
Interesting squad. Looks like the keeper position could be a concern again. Hopefully Keeley is good and is ready to step up.

No glaring omissions from either the 19s or the 21s today. No massive surprises either. Probably the main absentees from the Under 21 squad would be Burns, Odubeko, Kavanagh and Costelloe. All attackers which shows where the strength in depth is in this group. Not sure if one or two of those lads are maybe injured?

Not as many missing to the seniors to start with as in the last campaign, but Bazunu, Omobamidele, Parrott and Ferguson are all eligible. Cannon, Festy and Hodge might be the obvious three to step up and be lost to the 21s during the campaign.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Lots to talk about here!

Cannon in.
Ebosele in.
Hodge in.

I'd go with:

Cannon
O'Neill------------------------------Ebosele

Moran-------Phillips

Hodge

Roughan----G.MacNulty----Lawal----Adaramola

Keeley
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 3:20pm
That Matt Healy at Cork City on loan from Ipswich looks a decent player. Like what i seen of him so far in the league.
I love beer gardens
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 3:27pm
Doubt Ebosele will play as a winger when he's named with the defenders. Similar I think Lawal will play in midfield for these games and drop back to CB once other 03s if injured, 04s, and possibly 05s are available. Think the midfield trio this window will be Lawal, Hodge, and Philips.

Ed McJannet is the likely favourite to become the holding midfielder since I think he captained the U19s last season and while James McManus is an 05 player he looks like he'll become a regular starter for Bohs this season. Could see him fast tracked if he's playing regular senior football.

Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Doubt Ebosele will play as a winger when he's named with the defenders. Similar I think Lawal will play in midfield for these games and drop back to CB once other 03s if injured, 04s, and possibly 05s are available. Think the midfield trio this window will be Lawal, Hodge, and Philips.

Ed McJannet is the likely favourite to become the holding midfielder since I think he captained the U19s last season and while James McManus is an 05 player he looks like he'll become a regular starter for Bohs this season. Could see him fast tracked if he's playing regular senior football.

Roughan, Adaramola and Furlong are all good LB prospects.

I rate Aadarmola highly. His loan at Coventry didn't go well. He wasn't given a chance.

Roughan deserves the LB spot based on senior club minutes. RB is the only way he can get into the side.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 3:32pm
Not a very strong squad in my view.
I am really not that interested in watching the under 21's tbh
I don;t think I am gonna learn anything new about the players and/because the football is muck.
I mean who the f**k watched that and thought... def new contract.

Who is even making that decision now? a group of f**king ex civil servants?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Roughan, Adaramola and Furlong are all good LB prospects.

I rate Aadarmola highly. His loan at Coventry didn't go well. He wasn't given a chance.

Roughan deserves the LB spot based on senior club minutes. RB is the only way he can get into the side.

Not unless it's a back five with Roughan at LCB and Adaramola at LWB.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 4:37pm
Any word on Danny Rose, goalkeeper? Not been in any squads lately

Actually edit that, just seen he now plays for a US college team, bit of a comedown from playing with Schalke

Edited by Howdo - 15 Mar 2023 at 4:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 67>
  Share Topic