You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gibraltar - Estadio Algarve 16/10/23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 33>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by NaasSaint NaasSaint wrote:

Anyone who has been to an Ireland game in Faro before - what's usually the best way to get to the match? Do any of the Irish pubs organise coaches to and from the game?

Depends where you are staying. Most stayed in Albufeira for the last Gib game and some people on here organised buses but I think people will be far more spread out this time. 
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 4:56pm

Anyone who has been to an Ireland game in Faro before - what's usually the best way to get to the match? Do any of the Irish pubs organise coaches to and from the game?

One of the lads is on holiday in Albufeira at the moment and said one of the Irish bars said they'll be running coaches, just said to keep an eye on their Facebook page closer the time. Will throw up the details here whenever they post.

From talking to people out in Greece the majority seem to be in Albufeira again 

Edited by wanderer - 28 Jun 2023 at 4:57pm
NaasSaint View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaasSaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 7:49pm
Cheers both. Booking 4 nights in Albufeira so would be unreal to get hold of a coach.
Do ya like Jack Russells, Nidge?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 8:53pm

Cheers both. Booking 4 nights in Albufeira so would be unreal to get hold of a coach.

On the buses must be your favourite show 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2023 at 12:58pm

There are buses put on from Faro and back after the match for a few quid. They go from across the street from the bus station. The rail station is just down the street too.
City Till I Die
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2023 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

There are buses put on from Faro and back after the match for a few quid. They go from across the street from the bus station. The rail station is just down the street too.

The game back a few years ago, a mobile bar showed up, and it started out ok, and ended in chaos. Queues in all directions. Best advice is to stay in your resort and if a pub runs a bus great, if not organise your own or a taxi to drop off/pick up after the game, as it's in the middle of nowhere.

We went for pints in Faro before the last game, covid et all, and bars are cheap there, and buses taxi's reasonable to get to the ground. TBH, we'll be lucky to have 5k at the game imo, so get to the ground about 1 hour before kick-off. Do your drinking in the resorts.  
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 3:12pm
Gonna stay in Faro for 3 nights - Saturday-Tuesday. Seems to be a cheaper option and easier access to the ground etc.

Are there many nice bars around the town? We'll head up to Albufeira for a day on the Sunday, hearing the resorts could be very empty this time of year
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Gonna stay in Faro for 3 nights - Saturday-Tuesday. Seems to be a cheaper option and easier access to the ground etc.

Are there many nice bars around the town? We'll head up to Albufeira for a day on the Sunday, hearing the resorts could be very empty this time of year

The main holiday season in Albuferia is until the end of October, bars etc all still open so I wouldn't say it'll be empty at all.

From talking to a few lads in Greece, some that stayed in Faro last time are going to Albuerfia this time because Faro was too quiet 

Edited by wanderer - 05 Jul 2023 at 3:39pm
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

The main holiday season in Albuferia is until the end of October, bars etc all still open so I wouldn't say it'll be empty at all.

From talking to a few lads in Greece, some that stayed in Faro last time are going to Albuerfia this time because Faro was too quiet 

Thanks, haven't booked anything yet so may need a change of plan. Just had a quick look and accommodation is cheaper in Albufeira with way more options. I presume the majority of fans will be around the area?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 4:26pm

Thanks, haven't booked anything yet so may need a change of plan. Just had a quick look and accommodation is cheaper in Albufeira with way more options. I presume the majority of fans will be around the area?

My only guess with Albuferia on price is that theres alot more accommodation available there than Faro so the prices would be lower.

I know for getting to the match anyway that there's a few bars planning to put on buses 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 4:50pm

My only guess with Albuferia on price is that theres alot more accommodation available there than Faro so the prices would be lower.

I know for getting to the match anyway that there's a few bars planning to put on buses 

Sound for the info. I've booked accommodation in both places so will decide closer to the time but Albufeira is looking a lot more tempting
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 5:39pm
Will definitely be staying in Albufeira for this one again, much better than Faro. We got a taxi to Vilamoura the last time which was quite nice, probably about half an hour away IIRC.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 8:55pm
Have done Albufeira so many times, including for last game v Gibraltar, bored with it. Old town is nice enough, but age is catching up so I'm happy enough to stay five nights in Faro for a quieter time... And, believe me, 20 years ago, that's not something I thought I'd be saying LOL

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 05 Jul 2023 at 8:57pm
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 9:11am

Faro for that one reason alone  . Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 9:26am
Old town in Albuifera is lovely good restaurants and bars . Was there in October before and it was still busy.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Old town in Albuifera is lovely good restaurants and bars . Was there in October before and it was still busy.

Our place is only 5 mins from the old town. Spending a week so it's a nice aul break.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2023 at 11:25am
There's a Ryanair option over at 17:10 on the Saturday, €110 so not the worst.

Is anyone on that flight?
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2023 at 12:04pm

There's a Ryanair option over at 17:10 on the Saturday, €110 so not the worst.

Is anyone on that flight?

Nah it'll be empty
Danger here, OH NO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 33>
  Share Topic