You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gibraltar - Estadio Algarve 16/10/23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gibraltar - Estadio Algarve 16/10/23
    Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 6:44pm
 Gibraltar game may be in portugal as victoria stadium being renovated. Most of the games planned in the group so far will be in Faro.  

Edited by nvidic - 13 Oct 2022 at 12:29pm
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 6:53pm
Source ?

They've not begun renovations yet as far as I'm aware. Uefa gave them a dispensation for nations league and they may apply for it again.

However if they do begin construction the stadium is out of use for up to 2 years
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Gibraltar game may be in portugal as victoria stadium being renovated. Most of the games planned in the group so far will be in Faro.  
Great news if true.
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 8:07pm
I know this is not any sort of reliable source but I did get a message from my hotel in Gibraltar yesterday saying the game would not take place in Gibraltar. They must have known I was Irish from the name on the reservation. I presumed it was just them wanting me to cancel the booking and they will put the room back up at a higher price but maybe they have some local info.
just hit the fecking thing
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 8:48pm
Renovated? That's interesting term. How that kip got approval to hold games at that level is a joke. Worst 'stadium' I've ever been in, and I go to Irish League games.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Renovated? That's interesting term. How that kip got approval to hold games at that level is a joke. Worst 'stadium' I've ever been in, and I go to Irish League games.

They asked very nicely, and were granted it back in 2017.  UEFA said it wouldn't be allowed after 2020, but the gave another exemption because of COVID.

Makes sense that it might be moved.  They have given up on their alternative site stadium, and the Gibraltar FA bought Victoria Park this year instead.

Happy days, Faro suits me grand.
City Till I Die
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 11:50am
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 12:01pm
Just as well I didn't book my flight to Malaga! Egg on my face if i'd done that
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

Just as well I didn't book my flight to Malaga! Egg on my face if i'd done that

Tis running down my chin.
That's a right balls. 4h 40 min from Malaga to Faro or just rebook now... 
The dark side.. And the light
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 12:13pm
Won't book flights for a while. Plenty of options to get to Faro and most flight schedules aren't even confirmed yet bar Ryanair 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

http://www.gibraltarfa.com/news/gibraltars-home-international-matches-to-be-played-in-faro-portugal-as-from-march-2023-510

It will be in Faro

Well just may have to think about that one , was never ever going to go back to Gib 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 12:22pm
Thank god I didn't pull trigger on Malaga.

Booked Faro Saturday to Tuesday with Ryanair there. €130 return
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 12:38pm
Tickets won't be an issue safe to say LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Tickets won't be an issue safe to say LOL

The Local cops will be on the strip will be like in 2015.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

http://www.gibraltarfa.com/news/gibraltars-home-international-matches-to-be-played-in-faro-portugal-as-from-march-2023-510

It will be in Faro

Well just may have to think about that one , was never ever going to go back to Gib 

I was in same boat. Might try and do a few days, trick the missus in to thinking it's a winter sun break.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

It will be in Faro

I was in same boat. Might try and do a few days, trick the missus in to thinking it's a winter sun break.

All done as Mrs Claret booked out of Shannon and back Sat to Tues
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 3:44pm
Booked Cork to Faro Saturday to Tuesday €110 return. Happy days
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 3:51pm
Booked a grand beachfront gaff in Faro for 2 nights - Will sort flights later .

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
  Share Topic