You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gibraltar - Estadio Algarve 16/10/23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 33>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Seemed to be alot who were on their first away and had no interest in the football. Shouting random nonsense at a few players most of the game.

Thankfully they'll be nowhere to be seen when the nations league comes around.

Overall a good few days away

Wouldn't be so sure. I'd expect a fair few muppets in Amsterdam next month. There'll always be an element. Tbh they need to be told.
Agree you'll always have a few.

It's more that they won't get a ticket for the match anyway seeing as they've not been to games

Any news if the Holland game is oversubscribed ? By a lot ?

Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 3:50pm
Old TownClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Feirenoord View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feirenoord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 3:47pm

Seemed to be alot who were on their first away and had no interest in the football. Shouting random nonsense at a few players most of the game.

Wouldn't be so sure. I'd expect a fair few muppets in Amsterdam next month. There'll always be an element. Tbh they need to be told.

I imagine there will be a few heads who will travel without tickets, or maybe got home end tickets when they went on sale.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Walked through the strip last night after the match looking to get a takeaway on the way home and it was like hell on earth. 

It might be old age creeping in but would rather go back to the hotel bar or even just a quiet locals bar after the match. 

Each to their own I suppose. 
The strip is like hell on earth. Was out in Albufeira last week and kept to the Old Town for the week. Chalk and cheese in comparison.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Green Hornet Green Hornet wrote:

Most probably the cocaine. Hopefully they'll get on the skunk in Amsterdam, fall asleep, and miss the game.
In the last 2-3 years there's a group of lads who pop up at almost every away game and they are nothing short of a disgrace. Eyes popping out of their head, steaming drunk from the moment they land and until the moment they leave. They look to be the centre of attention at all times and worst still these lads at times travel with their families and behave no differently. It's a shame to see really.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 3:30pm

Agree you'll always have a few.

It's more that they won't get a ticket for the match anyway seeing as they've not been to games
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 3:28pm

Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 2:46pm

lansdowne94 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lansdowne94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 2:41pm
Decided to avoid Albuferia this time around and stayed in Faro.

Great few days, brilliant bunch staying in Faro. Mighty night in the karaoke bar just down from Piper's last night.
dogrady26 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogrady26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by KeanoKeano KeanoKeano wrote:

A great few days but there are a lot of idiots going to games now and a nasty bunch at that some of them.

Agree. It's sad to see.
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 2:35pm

No real bother here, definitely a lot at the game who aren't regulars. The strip has gone down hill since I was last here
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 2:03pm
Walked through the strip last night after the match looking to get a takeaway on the way home and it was like hell on earth. 

It might be old age creeping in but would rather go back to the hotel bar or even just a quiet locals bar after the match. 

Each to their own I suppose. 

Edited by irishmufc - 17 Oct 2023 at 2:03pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 1:34pm
Some of the younger lads are proper doses. Jesus I despair.

The buses were a complete omnishambles. Over complicating it with numbers, and then not being where they said they would. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Was kicking off on that no. 7 bus back to Erin's Isle last night. Some proper eijits causing trouble, loads of people were left behind. Bit of a sh*t show tbh
Bohs fans. 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Was kicking off on that no. 7 bus back to Erin's Isle last night. Some proper eijits causing trouble, loads of people were left behind. Bit of a sh*t show tbh

Was on the No 2 bus and didn't even get checked for my ticket when I got on. The bus wasn't even in the spot it dropped us off in LOL

There was literally one bus where we were dropped off and we all piled on. Great few days anyway, Albufeira has it 

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 17 Oct 2023 at 1:13pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Green Hornet View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 1:11pm
Most probably the cocaine. Hopefully they'll get on the skunk in Amsterdam, fall asleep, and miss the game.

Edited by Green Hornet - 17 Oct 2023 at 1:13pm
KeanoKeano View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeanoKeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 1:06pm
A great few days but there are a lot of idiots going to games now and a nasty bunch at that some of them.
A Nation holds its breath
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 12:04pm
well that was fun, anybody remember the score 🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 33>
  Share Topic