You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gibraltar - Estadio Algarve 16/10/23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
OliverHorganFan View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OliverHorganFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gibraltar - Estadio Algarve 16/10/23
    Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 9:15pm
I think the van outside was alcoholic beer but definitely inside they were only handing out 0% cans. 

Jesus lad that Dominos bar in Old Town was unreal. I'll be paying the price for heavy nights in that spot for a week. 

Sponsored Links

Lodger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

If someone had of set up a burger van outside that stadium on Monday they’d have made serious bank. The hot dogs that were on offer inside were an absolute disgrace LOL

Beer and food stall on one side of the stadium did well. Charging €5 for a beer but could have easily sold them for €10. 

It was non alcoholic too

Van set up on the side of the road outside the stadium? Surprised they’d be selling non alcoholic beer. 
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

If someone had of set up a burger van outside that stadium on Monday they’d have made serious bank. The hot dogs that were on offer inside were an absolute disgrace LOL

Beer and food stall on one side of the stadium did well. Charging €5 for a beer but could have easily sold them for €10. 

It was non alcoholic too
Danger here, OH NO
Lodger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 1:47pm

Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 1:38pm
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Patrick Jane View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Was kicking off on that no. 7 bus back to Erin's Isle last night. Some proper eijits causing trouble, loads of people were left behind. Bit of a sh*t show tbh

Was on the No 2 bus and didn't even get checked for my ticket when I got on. The bus wasn't even in the spot it dropped us off in LOL

There was literally one bus where we were dropped off and we all piled on. Great few days anyway, Albufeira has it 

Landed home last night, great trip. First time in the Algarve so rented a car and travelled on the days either side of the game. Some lovely spots to see.

Re. the buses, I was a coach guide and was told by the driver (via Google translate) that the bus would pick us up from the point of drop-off so I waited there with several others post-game. Only one bus was there and it was packed. Became evident that the other buses weren't coming so we all made our way to the other side of the stadium where we found the buses parked. Driver informed me (again via Google translate) that police wouldn't let buses collect from the point of drop-off, exception being that one bus which had managed to get through or else just didn't leave during the game. My bus was already filled but some who had valid tickets were standing outside the bus as they had no seats. They were very annoyed (understandably) and insisted that I remove anyone on the bus who hadn't a ticket. I politely asked but no one budged. After a bit of a stand-off and heckling from some of those already on the bus, eventually everyone just piled on in the end. Very messy situation so hope all made it back safe and sound.

Edited by Patrick Jane - 19 Oct 2023 at 1:10pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 9:40am
Just coming around now, had a really heavy day of drinking on Tuesday that started in Eddy's about 11am and finished in Vegas Bar about 4.30am. Hotel receptionist waking me up at 6.30am to say our airport transfer was waiting outside Dead. Tbf some lovely spots around Albufeira old town and the bars and restaurants and very reasonably priced. Definitely not the worst spot in Europe we've played games in.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 12:06am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

If we get them again, would rather we play them in Gib rather than Albufeira. 

Twice is enough in Albufeira and the stadium is in a poxy location. 

f**k that. Gibraltar is a kip full of weird little Englanders and sqaudies.  The pitch is a joke and the memories of Jeffiesta celebrating by giving it the big one to an airport runway are still too strong.

100% this LOL. He also got annoyed after I threw ball back onto pitch during game causing ref to blow up until it was cleared. Kicked it into ad signs with mighty boot. Best f**king pass he has played in last seven or eight years 

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 19 Oct 2023 at 12:07am
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Pearse1879 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearse1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 12:05am
Great trip, only coming round now😂
Couple of weeks recovery then look forward to Amsterdam.

cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 10:23pm

f**k that. Gibraltar is a kip full of weird little Englanders and sqaudies.  The pitch is a joke and the memories of Jeffiesta celebrating by giving it the big one to an airport runway are still too raw. 

Touts Out!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 8:15pm
Albuifera Mies ahead of Gibraltar.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
conor View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 8:09pm
heading old town 
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 7:38pm
Then again, if we played them in Gibraltar we won’t get anything near 3,500 Irish fans in the ground 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 5:18pm

Edited by irishmufc - 18 Oct 2023 at 5:18pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
IrishJig97 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishJig97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by conor conor wrote:

where’s the craic tonight in albufeira?
Probably sample a couple of the quieter bars around the strip tonight. The loudest ones seem to be the emptiest 
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 4:31pm
Bohs fan breaking in to the tannoy room was not sanctioned by leadership 
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
conor View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 4:09pm
where’s the craic tonight in albufeira?
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Goodness home at 3am and in bed 15minutes later with only 2 hours in bed .
Trust me coffee is not even doing it at this moment .

That 21:35 flight from Lisbon was rough. Literally had 15 hours to kill on my tod yesterday. Great few days in a class spot, would 100% go back for a longer holiday 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
  Share Topic