You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women's World Cup 2023 - 19 Jul to 20 Aug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theleprechaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 11:52am
No, no word yet. I have booked flights and just hoping for the best ticket-wise.
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by theleprechaun theleprechaun wrote:

No, no word yet. I have booked flights and just hoping for the best ticket-wise.
Would flights be over a grand or cheaper as the off season down under ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
theleprechaun View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theleprechaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 12:09pm
Flights cost me around E1,500. So they aren't exactly cheap. Fares seem to have doubled since I last went over there in 2018. You would be doing well to get anything for under E1,200, although you could easily pay in excess of E2,000 with Emirates for short connections. 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 2:49pm
When I went down to Australia in 2005 (I think) I booked flights through Trailfinders. They advised us that it was a lot cheaper if our chosen flights circumnavigated the entire globe as a few of the Airlines offered deals if doing that when using the airlines within their group. We flew over the Americas and back over the Asias.It was a little different for us as we were travelling to NZ and China as well but I suppose the point I'm making is that it may be worth giving Trailfinders a call.
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 11:19am
FIFA codes issued today by FAI for Ireland Fans Section.
Got 4 tickets for each group game in Ireland section.

Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Originally posted by theleprechaun theleprechaun wrote:

Any word on when the codes will be issued?
Got below from Cría last Tuesday:

We have received the passcodes from FIFA and we expect to have an update for all who registered in the coming days.

Kind regards

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 11:49am
Got 4 category 3 for Sydney.  Fairly uncomplicated process to be fair.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
theleprechaun View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theleprechaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 12:23pm
Got tickets for each group game as well. Pretty easy process in fairness. 
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 3:28pm
Bought tickets for the Australia game in Sydney and the Canada game in Perth.

If anyone wants tickets for Nigeria in Brisbane - let me know. 
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

When I went down to Australia in 2005 (I think) I booked flights through Trailfinders. They advised us that it was a lot cheaper if our chosen flights circumnavigated the entire globe as a few of the Airlines offered deals if doing that when using the airlines within their group. We flew over the Americas and back over the Asias.It was a little different for us as we were travelling to NZ and China as well but I suppose the point I'm making is that it may be worth giving Trailfinders a call.
Trailfinders are one of the best if you want to do stopovers in other countries for a few nights. I booked directly with Emirates - 2 hour stopovers each way.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 11:31am
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

We only got 4% allocation for the Australia match. Disgraceful:

This fixture should have been hosted at a larger venue anyway. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

We only got 4% allocation for the Australia match. Disgraceful:

This fixture should have been hosted at a larger venue anyway. 

Australia were always going to be playing in the first Australian based game of the world cup and I'm fairly sure there were deals in place to ensure this was played at Allianz due to it being a new stadium and massively funded by the NSW government. And I doubt the Australians would want to play outside of Sydney for their first game. 

Edited by Borussia - 06 Jan 2023 at 12:48pm
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 1:16pm
Regardless of capacity, getting 1,700 tickets or 4% of the total is beyond a joke. How did FIFA sanction that?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 7:20pm
There is still talk of moving the game to Stadium Australia which holds approx 80K.  It is in the local press.

4% is a very low allocation.  Our game v Australia is the hardest ticket in the whole tournament and was unavailable very early in both sales phases (the ones after the draw) when the final was still on general sale.   Many tickets were sold before the draw as team packages and stadium packages where local fans could buy the Australia games.  
PaConnors View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 9:00am
Is there anybody actually not able to get tickets? Reading a lot of complaining online about the allocation but not necessarily that people can't get tickets.

I was able to get Irish friends in Australia (who have never been to a football game in their lives) sorted via the FAI codes.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 9:52am
Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

Is there anybody actually not able to get tickets? Reading a lot of complaining online about the allocation but not necessarily that people can't get tickets.

I was able to get Irish friends in Australia (who have never been to a football game in their lives) sorted via the FAI codes.

There are definitely loads looking.

The Australia game sold out quickly in every case even for those with codes.  

The women's team have quite a few fans that mainly just watch the women.  So they wouldn't have season tickets and maybe not even that accustomed to buying too far in advance.  Apart from Finland home you could have rocked up on the day for any of our qualifiers.  

I know of somebody who put spares up on facebook groups and they were snapped up in minutes. 
PaConnors View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 9:30pm
When did the Australia game go on sale? There were definitely tickets available via FAI codes on December 16th and I didn't think we were that quick out of the blocks.

Hopefully anybody still looking gets sorted, Oz is a fair trek if you don't have tickets sorted. Big Irish presence over there might help.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 9:31am
Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

When did the Australia game go on sale? There were definitely tickets available via FAI codes on December 16th and I didn't think we were that quick out of the blocks.

Hopefully anybody still looking gets sorted, Oz is a fair trek if you don't have tickets sorted. Big Irish presence over there might help.

There were 2 public sales after the draw.

1) A VISA pre-sale in October which was something like 3am our time.  I stayed up and all games were easy apart from our game v Oz.  I won't be there for the final (unless we make it) but could have easily bought it.   The Canada game was one of the first to sell-out.

2) The regular public sale at the end of October.  Again the Oz game was the hardest ticket.  

As you say then the FAI sale with codes where it was possible to buy the Australia game.  However friends who were a bit slow off the mark said there were none available the following day.  I bought mine maybe an hour or so after the email so they didn't sell-out immediately.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic