You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women's World Cup 2023 - 19 Jul to 20 Aug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 7:32pm
A full Irish section would be a brilliant sight and a decent lift to the team also, and IMO the FAI link should be shared with all of these people based there and do everything possible to fill the section. Then pack as many in elsewhere, with the more casual you mention.

A lot of tournaments, be it mens or womens, attract event junkies and casual fans. We should just look after our own interest and let the rest look after itself.

Edited by Sham157 - 23 Oct 2022 at 7:37pm
Sponsored Links

williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

A full Irish section would be a brilliant sight and a decent lift to the team also, and IMO the FAI link should be shared with all of these people based there and do everything possible to fill the section. Then pack as many in elsewhere, with the more casual you mention.

A lot of tournaments, be it mens or womens, attract event junkies and casual fans. We should just look after our own interest and let the rest look after itself.

Yeah, I just think the event junkies won't be as up to speed this time around as Euro 2016, 2012, WC 2002 etc. Huge potential here for us to get a massive Irish crowd at these games but it'll need a bit of a push and lads on here to keep any Irish contacts in Oz up to speed on how and when to source tickets. 
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 8:24am
All game confirmed for 8pm Kick Offs local time.
Thurs 20th - Ire V Aus Sydney 10am.
Wed 26th - Ire V Canada Perth 1pm.
Mon 21st - Ire V Nigeria Brisbane 11am.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 10:56am
Tickets went on priority sale for Visa cardholders today.  Ireland's matches against Australia and Canada are already sold out.  And that's before the FAI's access code for the Ireland section come online on 1st of November.  If you're hoping to go, tickets are gonna be a mad scramble.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 11:53am
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Tickets went on priority sale for Visa cardholders today.  Ireland's matches against Australia and Canada are already sold out.  And that's before the FAI's access code for the Ireland section come online on 1st of November.  If you're hoping to go, tickets are gonna be a mad scramble.

Jeeezz I am sure Sydney's ground holds 60,000 plus . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jeeezz I am sure Sydney's ground holds 60,000 plus . 
Allianz Stadium holds 42,500
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 12:50pm

The FAI's allocation will have been held back from that sale
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 1:23pm
It was insane at 2am.  I got in circa 2.15 and Australia game was long gone.  Every other game was available.  The final was still readily available.  I'll be well home by then unless we are in it.  

Our game v Canada and Canada v Australia were still available.

Obviously the FAI allocation is still available but our game v Australia will have massive demand.  I was buying other games and got everything I needed incl our possible Rof16 in Sydney easily.  I just missed Argentina v Sweden in cat 3 for the family but will leave for now.

I didn't want to be blocked out from the FAI allocation 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

It was insane at 2am.  I got in circa 2.15 and Australia game was long gone.  Every other game was available.  The final was still readily available.  I'll be well home by then unless we are in it.  

Obviously the FAI allocation is still available but our game v Australia will have massive demand.  I was buying other games and got everything I needed incl our possible Rof16 in Sydney easily.  I just missed Argentina v Sweden in cat 3 for the family but will leave for now.

Is the Ireland - Australia definitely a sell out of neutral tickets or is it merely a case that only the pre-sale allocation sold put? i.e. are they holding some back for the general sale?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 12:07am
Originally posted by williemc83 williemc83 wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Is the Ireland - Australia definitely a sell out of neutral tickets or is it merely a case that only the pre-sale allocation sold put? i.e. are they holding some back for the general sale?

There will definitely be more in the general sale.  This is the normal FIFA process.  You need to be ready before the start time and just get lucky.  

There will be resale phases later when people get a chance to sell back unwanted tickets.  There will
also be sponsor returns etc.  Those who lived on the famous portals in 2012 and 2016 will know all about this.  

I'm expecting the FAI to get a decent allocation.  Normally travelling support is not huge for these tournaments but we will bring decent numbers.  However no more than high hundreds is my guess.  With the huge diaspora in Australia though we will have massive support.  

I assume any of the regular travellers for the men's team that go will be sorted.  I really hope the regular fans of the women are sorted.   There is no away ticket process as it is never an issue.  
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 2:05am
When can you apply for Ireland end tickets via the FAI.  Looked at the FAI website and says window is now closed. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 5:07am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

When can you apply for Ireland end tickets via the FAI.  Looked at the FAI website and says window is now closed. 
Links were posted some pages back. Its now closed for applications so you’ve missed that boat but try emailing.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 5:47am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Links were posted some pages back. Its now closed for applications so you’ve missed that boat but try emailing.
Cheers
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 2:54pm

They received 3,000 applications so I'd say you'll get sorted.
theleprechaun View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theleprechaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 2:44pm
Any word on when the codes will be issued?
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by theleprechaun theleprechaun wrote:

Any word on when the codes will be issued?
Got below from Cría last Tuesday:

We have received the passcodes from FIFA and we expect to have an update for all who registered in the coming days.

Kind regards

theleprechaun View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theleprechaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:06pm
Great; thanks. Saw this on the FAI's website "The application process to secure tickets in the 'Ireland section' is now closed." and was afraid that there was some issue with my email but that is good to hear.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 10:05am
Has anyone heard anything about tickets for this since? Still half tempted to head over but would like to have tickets sorted before booking flights.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic