You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Banshees of Inisherin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Haven't seen it yet but going by the trailers, Farrell's accent looks a bit suspect and doesn't seem a convincing one of a 1920's west coast of Ireland Islander. I like Farrell in other films but not sure about his accent on this one. 

This is supposed to be set in the 1920's? LOL
Yes, during the civil war as referenced in some of the lines and the canon fire on ‘the mainland’.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 1:50pm

Haven't seen it yet but going by the trailers, Farrell's accent looks a bit suspect and doesn't seem a convincing one of a 1920's west coast of Ireland Islander. I like Farrell in other films but not sure about his accent on this one. 

The producers were probably caught in a bit of conundrum here Muff. On one hand, I'm sure they would have liked to select a handsome star from Mayo with a local accent for the sake of authenticity. On the other hand, where the fack would they find one of them? So they opted for a good looking Dub with a ropey accent. They have a movie to sell and it would be a tough gig trying to market it with nothing but scaldy culchie heads on the poster. 

For the record, I really enjoyed it. Jesus it is bleak though. 
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The producers were probably caught in a bit of conundrum here Muff. On one hand, I'm sure they would have liked to select a handsome star from Mayo with a local accent for the sake of authenticity. On the other hand, where the fack would they find one of them? So they opted for a good looking Dub with a ropey accent. They have a movie to sell and it would be a tough gig trying to market it with nothing but scaldy culchie heads on the poster. 

Fair enough LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 2:05pm

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Fair enough LOL

Only one man for the job.

bastardsonoflimpar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bastardsonoflimpar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 10:39pm
A beautiful film
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 10:33am

Big smileClap

Edited by Double Maxim - 14 Mar 2023 at 10:33am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic