You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Banshees of Inisherin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 12:40pm
Saw it on Friday. Was enjoyable enough but not sure if it would have the same watch back factor as the guard or in bruge?

Some fine performances in it and probably play well in the states.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

saw this last night. the comedy was pitch perfect at times, it meanders a bit, you can definitely tell McDonagh is a playwright first of all anyway. 

I've been interested to see the universal positive reviews from the world over. I think on some levels the film only really works (beyond the comedy and just a "wtf" type story) if you know about Irish history. But it's got huge Oscar buzz already which is a bit mad (not saying undeserved, just surprises me). 

Farrell is brilliant in it and deserves a nomination at least, I saw Mark Kermode say his character could be a grandfather of Dougal in Father Ted and that's pretty accurate! 

I'm looking forward to this. If Farrell is nominated would it be for best lead or supporting actor?

Lead. 

Barry Keoghan could get a supporting nod. Gleeson is typically great but I'd say Keoghan would get more noise for his performance. 

Interesting. Farrell has been in some very good films and has really honed his craft since his early years. I really liked The Killing of a Sacred Deer even if every character in it, even the kids, is pretty dislikeable.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Saw it on Friday. Was enjoyable enough but not sure if it would have the same watch back factor as the guard or in bruge?

Thought The Guard was awful.
Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 6:24pm
Went to see it yesterday. It’s very good actually. Cast are excellent. Barry Keoghan will definitely be nominated as best supporting actor. Scenery is stunning.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 6:41pm
Saw this on Monday. Very good film if not quite as good as The Field.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Wash your mouth out LOL classic
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 8:34pm
Haven't seen this film yet. Just the trailers on tv. Looks a bit goombeenish to me. Maybe when i see it i will like it 
I love beer gardens
Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 10:06am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Haven't seen this film yet. Just the trailers on tv. Looks a bit goombeenish to me. Maybe when i see it i will like it 

Anything but.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 11:42am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Wash your mouth out LOL classic
Watched it yesterday thought it was very good, didn't think there were than many jokes TBH and it does take a very bleak turn towards the end. More like Cavalry than The Guard ( thought that was woeful) but a very good watch. 8/10. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 6:05am
Watched this yesterday very enjoyable some cracking acting fron Gleeson and Farrell.

As has been said on the thread the scenery was stunning.

Edited by Double Maxim - 29 Oct 2022 at 6:05am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 12:10pm

Colin not popular with the animals.

Big smile

https://youtu.be/kFCeHsq9ME4
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 2:03pm
Seen it on Saturday - quite poignant if not melancholy. Leading actors very strong performances particularly Keoghan, nice cameos by Shortt and Kenny back together again. Good script. 7.5 out of 10.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 11:08pm
Went to see this over the weekend, thought it was excellent 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Went to see this over the weekend, thought it was excellent 
Was my Saturday night also. CrackingClap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 11:30pm
Do you think in time this will be held in the same esteem as The Field or will the hype die down and certain aspects of the film will come under scrutiny in the cold light of day?

I saw it a couple of weeks back and really liked it.  I think in time the humour element of it may take away from it as a serious film.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Do you think in time this will be held in the same esteem as The Field or will the hype die down and certain aspects of the film will come under scrutiny in the cold light of day?

I saw it a couple of weeks back and really liked it.  I think in time the humour element of it may take away from it as a serious film.
Hard the beat The Field in fairness for Richard Harris's performance alone. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 11:49am
Haven't seen it yet but going by the trailers, Farrell's accent looks a bit suspect and doesn't seem a convincing one of a 1920's west coast of Ireland Islander. I like Farrell in other films but not sure about his accent on this one. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Haven't seen it yet but going by the trailers, Farrell's accent looks a bit suspect and doesn't seem a convincing one of a 1920's west coast of Ireland Islander. I like Farrell in other films but not sure about his accent on this one. 

This is supposed to be set in the 1920's? LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic