You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 103>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 9:09am
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Booked Belfast-Stansted Wednesday night Ryanair...Stansted Athens Thursday morning Jet2....Athens-Luton Sunday Ryanair...Luton Belfast Sunday EasyJet. Worked out 310 which is was basically the cheapest I can work out. Hopefully nothing goes wrong with Athens-Luton flight as I wouldn't be covered for the second flight....

In very worrying news for everyone. The last time I was in Athens I was pickpocketed. Set your pickpocketing senses on code red when you are thereShocked

Athens not confirmed yet 😬 
Will give me plenty of time to get wherever it is anyway
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 10:02am

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Booked Belfast-Stansted Wednesday night Ryanair...Stansted Athens Thursday morning Jet2....Athens-Luton Sunday Ryanair...Luton Belfast Sunday EasyJet. Worked out 310 which is was basically the cheapest I can work out. Hopefully nothing goes wrong with Athens-Luton flight as I wouldn't be covered for the second flight....

In very worrying news for everyone. The last time I was in Athens I was pickpocketed. Set your pickpocketing senses on code red when you are thereShocked

Athens not confirmed yet 😬 
Must be worried about the pickpockets
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 12:18pm
Sky Express are now flying internationally, and going from Brussels and to Heathrow with them.
I've factored in that the match might not be in Athens, and there's enough time either side of the flights to add on an internal Greek flight if needed.
City Till I Die
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:41pm
I see we've never actually played Greece competitively before. Lost two and drew once in friendlies. 

Booked the Ryanair flight out on the Wednesday which has jumped up to 204 quid. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 8:45am
what’s the deadline for announcing the location is it 3 month starts or 120 days? It’s 127 days to kick off at present 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 11:16am

what’s the deadline for announcing the location is it 3 month starts or 120 days? It’s 127 days to kick off at present 

The host association selects the venue for each match from the corresponding list of proposed stadiums and announces it to the UEFA administration at least 120 days before the match in question.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 12:25pm
I assume these deadlines are usually ignored and Uefa don't do much about it?

No thought is ever given to travelling fans
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I assume these deadlines are usually ignored and Uefa don't do much about it?

No thought is ever given to travelling fans

No they wouldn't usually be ignored.
Only time uefa allow going past the 120 days is if they've given an extension to get a ground sorted, Gibraltar for example, uefa gave them extra time to get Victoria stadium sorted 

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 12:54pm
so we should know in the next week . I’m holding off booking my flight out and I imagine might be extra flights put on when confirmed 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

I booked it yesterday 

What area did you decide to stay in BSM? Am doing 12 nights in Glyfada district by the sea. Tram outside the hotel to the city centre
Ive booked 4 nights in Glyfada,Oasis apartments I think. 
The rest will be in central Athens,not booked yet but have a few picked out with a pool. Reason for delay is I’m thinking of going to Poros for a night or 2 but 3 different accommodations in 10 days is a but messy!

Booked into the Palace Hotel for a week with the wife and kids.

Make an absolute bollocks of this holiday so costing me a $$$$
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 5:57pm
Any word on venue confirmation?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I booked it yesterday 

What area did you decide to stay in BSM? Am doing 12 nights in Glyfada district by the sea. Tram outside the hotel to the city centre
Ive booked 4 nights in Glyfada,Oasis apartments I think. 
The rest will be in central Athens,not booked yet but have a few picked out with a pool. Reason for delay is I’m thinking of going to Poros for a night or 2 but 3 different accommodations in 10 days is a but messy!

Booked into the Palace Hotel for a week with the wife and kids.

Make an absolute bollocks of this holiday so costing me a $$$$
Not far from where I amBig smile
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 8:13pm

Nothing and 122 days to kick off . Has to be announced before it hits 120 apparently 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 8:57pm

Nothing and 122 days to kick off . Has to be announced before it hits 120 apparently 
And with each day goes by, the air fares keep creeping up ffs. Unhappy
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 9:08pm

Announced to uefa, when we hear is up to the associations or uefa whenever they release the info
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 10:02am
within the 120 days now and no word . Bit of a joke we haven’t been told if it’s been submitted to uefa 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 10:47am

within the 120 days now and no word . Bit of a joke we haven’t been told if it’s been submitted to uefa 

You would have thought we would have heard something, even perhaps that it was currently being discussed and there were a couple of options or whatever.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:20am
Perhaps the fai want to sort their own logistics before announcing
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 103>
  Share Topic