You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 103>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Anyone know what the queue times are like in Dublin airport T2 in particular?

Flight is at 6am and should be in the airport for 4am.
Flew this morning to Naples from T2 @. 6:15. 5 mins at security 4:45
NaplesClap
On transit to Capri and Amalfi. Unfortunately not get a night there even.
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:49pm

NaplesClap

Both sh*tholes Smile

Honestly wasn’t a fan of either Tongue

Edited by Newryrep - 07 Jun 2023 at 11:50pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 11:42am

Very good.
Might be getting to the airport at 04:20 for a 05:45 flight, so should be ok by that reckoning.
City Till I Die
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 12:26pm
Irish fans have zero history of causing trouble at home or abroad. We've been in 3 World Cups and 3 European Championships in the last 35 years and haven't caused trouble. 

I can't see the Greeks being pedantic about tickets and IDs and I'd expect the FAI to be on hand to address any teething problems at the gate. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by williemc83 williemc83 wrote:

Irish fans have zero history of causing trouble at home or abroad. We've been in 3 World Cups and 3 European Championships in the last 35 years and haven't caused trouble. 

I can't see the Greeks being pedantic about tickets and IDs and I'd expect the FAI to be on hand to address any teething problems at the gate. 
It's nothing to do with Irish fans, Greek law is Greek law at the end of the day.

One of the lads emailed the TO asking about the ID and they said the ID number used on the form must match the ID you'll have with you on the day. Can't use your passport on the form and arrive with driving licence for example.

Edited by wanderer - 08 Jun 2023 at 1:30pm
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

It's nothing to do with Irish fans, Greek law is Greek law at the end of the day.

One of the lads emailed the TO asking about the ID and they said the ID number used must match the ID you'll have with you on the day. Can't use your passport on the form and arrive with driving licence for example.

That's an absolute disaster, can't believe there's not an easier way to capture data than a Google form. The portal is underutilised and is not fit for purpose. Having an actual FLO instead of Mr Security, this should be one of the first things that should be addressed, not vetting tricolours to be let into the ground
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 12:53pm
Did the NI fans have the same issue?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

NaplesClap

Both sh*tholes Smile

Honestly wasn’t a fan of either Tongue
Take the man outta Santa ponsa!😂
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 1:56pm
This ID thing is a shambles. Does it mean I have to bring ID with me that is already in my wallet to the match?
Danger here, OH NO
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 1:56pm
Lads who are a bit worried about all this i would advice two things one have your driving ID with you and take a photocopy of your passport as well .
One thing you cant lose is your passport while tanked up at the game .

I don't think they will look at any of this as same all bull i have heard for the past 30 years  . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 2:21pm
Put the driver license ID on the form and bring that. Easy.
You have until 5pm today to change it if you have not.

If you only have a passport, tough luck but I wouldnt be risking not bringing it with me and would take the risk of bringing it in the pocket, as annoying as it is and slight risk of losing it

Edited by t_rAndy - 08 Jun 2023 at 2:22pm
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 2:27pm
Anyone planning on losing their passport once gained entry so they can stay a few more days away from their partner or kids whilst you sort an emergency one out?
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 3:01pm
WHEN DO TICKETS SHOW UP IN TICKETMASTER ACCOUNT?

caps lock for effect LOL
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 3:04pm

Just to be very clear on this FAI Security and the SLO will be on hand on the night.  However the game is run by the HFF (Greek Football Federation).  The Greek police are in charge and everyone is subject to Greek law.  

I do know Welsh fans had huge issues in Croatia for example and hundreds missed the game.

Tickets have been sourced for everyone that wanted one.  I'd strongly suggest following the guidelines.

Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

WHEN DO TICKETS SHOW UP IN TICKETMASTER ACCOUNT?

caps lock for effect LOL

Invoice should be there now if you have been allocated.  Tickets will be emailed to you when available.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 3:13pm
You'd want to be getting to the stadium fair early then. Surely it'll take a while to cross reference tickets with the ID numbers we've provided? Gonna be such a pain in the arse.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 4:29pm

Info for fans travelling to Athens for Greece v Republic of Ireland June 16th 21.45 (local time)

Please share with any friends or family travelling.  Please note we have done our level best to ensure the details are accurate but we cannot be held responsible for any errors or changes.  If you believe anything to be incorrect please let us know. 

The game will be played in the OPAP Arena in Athens home ground of AEK Athens.  Fokon 11, Nea Filadelfia 14341 Athens.

Gates will open at 18.45 (3 hours before kickoff)

The stadium is easily reached by public transport .  Buses 703,803,845 & 856 all pass within walking distance of the stadium.  The Perissos metro stop is 12 minutes walk from the stadium.  It is on the green line (M1).   Public transport can get very busy as kickoff approaches so please leave plenty of time for your journey. 

We expect most fans to arrive via Athens airport.  The city centre can be reached by Taxi taking approx. 40 minutes and should cost approx. €40 (day-time) - €55 (night-time).  Cheaper options from the airport include the metro which also takes approx. 40 minutes.  The single fare is €9 or €16 return.  Cheaper fares exist for students and OAPs.  Children under 6 go free.  You must purchase a ticket from the vending machines before boarding the train.  The X95 bus costs €5.50 (€2.70 for U18 & over 65) and takes approx. 60 minutes.  It can take much longer in peak traffic.  Tickets can be purchased in the arrivals office or on board.  The bus stop is outside Arrivals between exit 4 and exit 5. 

The stadium is scheduled to open at 18.45pm.  We encourage all fans to arrive early for the game to avoid delays.  Security checks can take time at football matches in Greece so please allow plenty of time to pass through security.

Irish fans will be located in sectors 45,46,47 & 48.  Please see stadium map.  (i can't seem to attach on the forum but can email to a mod or someone else).  

Some general stadium info

1)     Mobile chargers and battery packs are allowed

2)     Small bags no larger than A4 size are allowed but will be searched.

3)     It is against the law to be in possession of pyro in Greece. 

4)     All flags and banners submitted for approval are approved.

5)     Flags and banners can be hung in the Irish section but will be checked on entry.

6)     There will be no fanzone or area for tickletless fans to watch the game. 

7)     Drinks and snacks will be on sale in the Irish end

8)     Credit cards and cash will be accepted.

9)     Please note no alcohol will be on sale in the Irish end of the stadium.

10)  Fans require their original passport or ID document provided to the ticket office (photocopies or photos are not accepted) and their match ticket to access the stadium.

11)   Please note your match ticket does NOT cover any public transport.  Please buy public transport tickets as normal.

12)  No decision has been made yet as to whether Irish fans will be held back after the game.

A meeting point is being organised for fans who wish to gather before the game.  The Greek police will facilitate transport to the stadium either by charter train or bus.  This is optional but initial discussions with various fan-groups have shown positive interest in this.  More details to follow. 

Please note the emergency number in Greece is 112.

We recommend having a scan of your passport on your phone and in your email in case it gets lost or stolen.  This will aid having replacement travel documents issued. 

The Irish Embassy is located at Leof. Vas. Konstantinou 7, 106 74 Athens, Greece (second floor). The public counter is open from 09:00 - 13:00, Monday to Friday.  

If you require consular assistance the Irish embassy in Athens has an emergency voicemail that is monitored frequently.  Please call +30 210 723 2771

Please note DFA guidelines on Athens

Crime is relatively low in Greece as a whole but pickpocketing is common in central Athens. Always take sensible precautions:

• Be aware that the tourist season attracts an increase in incidents of theft of passports, wallets, handbags etc. - particularly in areas and at events where crowds gather. You should leave valuables in safe custody at your hotel or apartment.
  • Be particularly vigilant when using public transport. In Athens, we recommend visitors take extra care of their personal belongings when using buses or the metro; especially when travelling to and from the airport or the port of Piraeus. Don't carry your credit card, travel tickets and money together - leave spare cash and valuables in a safe place. Consider wearing your rucksack on your front, and do not leave valuables in accessible pockets.
  • Don't carry your passport unless absolutely necessary. Leave a copy of your passport (and travel and insurance documents) with family or friends at home, and consider keeping a photo of important documents on your phone or in your emails.  (Note if you provided your passport details to access the game that it is necessary to carry it to the game)

Personal attacks, including sexual assaults and rape, are infrequent in Greece. However, there is a higher incidence of sexual assault and rape on some Greek Islands. We advise that you do not accept drinks from strangers or leave drinks unattended when in bars or nightclubs. We also recommend that you avoid walking alone in isolated areas at night.

Please remember to behave in a way at all times that reflects the hugely positive image Irish football fans have at home and abroad.     

EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 5:06pm
Thanks for that Gary 

No drink in the stadium unfortunately 😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 103>
  Share Topic