You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 102>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 11:31pm
why they checked Covid Certificates in Luxembourg first check tickets then Covid certificates then on turnstiles caused no delays as youโ€™d be queuing at turnstiles anyway 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 11:32pm
Is the metro the easiest way to get from airport to omonia Square looking online and it seems to take just under an hour 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Is the metro the easiest way to get from airport to omonia Square looking online and it seems to take just under an hour 

Seems to be as far as I can tell anyway. 
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Metro is something like โ‚ฌ10 per person when I was there a few years ago - so if a few of you a taxi might be better.

Edited by VanBosch - 06 Jun 2023 at 11:47pm
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Metro is something like โ‚ฌ10 per person when I was there a few years ago - so if a few of you a taxi might be better.

Yeah I'm travelling solo.   There's a 3 day tourist ticket for โ‚ฌ22 though, that covers return from/to airport and unlimited travel on all other modes so should cover in and out to the stadium too.
JamesBhoy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 5:12am
is anyone staying around Athens the Saturday? Just wondering is there any meet up places for Irish fans for as good day 2 sessions after the game ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:33am

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

From the FAI:

๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ ๐—ฆ๐—จ๏ฟฝ£๏ฟฝ£๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ฆ ๐—ฆ๐—˜๐—ง ๐—™๐—ข๐—ฅ ๐—š๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—˜๐—–๐—˜ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช
The Greek FA have confirmed an extra allocation of tickets for Ireland supporters taking the total up to 2600
All ticket requests for the fixture have now been now satisfied with supporters contacted ๐Ÿ™Œ

Does this mean this is now no longer an oversubscribed game and goes on people's records?

You woukd hope so 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
mcleanhatesthequeen View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcleanhatesthequeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:26am
Yep group of us not flying home till sunday night
Gearoid101 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gearoid101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 10:13am
Is there anyone on the Aegean Airlines flight on Wednesday 14th June @ 22:15 to Athens from Heathrow? Arriving at 03:50 looking to share a taxi into the city centre? 

Edited by Gearoid101 - 07 Jun 2023 at 1:13pm
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 10:51am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

How much would a taxi cost do you reckon? 

In general, is Athen considered a cheap enough spot? Someone told me they are mad for the cash as no one trusts their banks...
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:07am
Airport taxi is โ‚ฌ40 flat rate to city centre (โ‚ฌ55 during the night). 3 day tourist ticket for โ‚ฌ22 will cover you to and from the airport on the metro and then to and from the stadium as well. 

Uber is also available for taxis to the ground etc.

Edited by irish_goat - 07 Jun 2023 at 11:07am
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:24am
Originally posted by JamesBhoy JamesBhoy wrote:

is anyone staying around Athens the Saturday? Just wondering is there any meet up places for Irish fans for as good day 2 sessions after the game ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

Good few booked on the late aer lingus flight on Saturday flight leaves 10pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:29am
When you are filling out the ticket info( name and passport number) can you change one of the names that one put on the original application? 

Edited by BigStrongMan - 07 Jun 2023 at 11:29am
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Cw1994 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cw1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:37am
Yep, I emailed asking this and they said to enter the info of names that will be using tickets on the Google form after you have paid invoice
brendy_รฉire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_รฉire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

How much would a taxi cost do you reckon? 

In general, is Athen considered a cheap enough spot? Someone told me they are mad for the cash as no one trusts their banks...

Depending on what time of the day you land, the metro might be quicker. Traffic isn't the best in the centre for most of the day.

It's generally a cheap enough town, yes. Obviously you'll have the tourist trap places, especially ones overlooking the Acropolis, but away from those spots, it's decent.
City Till I Die
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:59am
Anyone know what the queue times are like in Dublin airport T2 in particular?

Flight is at 6am and should be in the airport for 4am.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

When you are filling out the ticket info( name and passport number) can you change one of the names that one put on the original application? 

What time is the pool party in yours starting on Thursday bro?
El Puto Amo
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Anyone know what the queue times are like in Dublin airport T2 in particular?

Flight is at 6am and should be in the airport for 4am.

They've new scanners in the airport meaning you don't have to take liquids or electronics out of your bags so that is definitely speeding things up. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 102>
  Share Topic